Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Halo Top Dairy Free

967 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Slagathor
Goose83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was having a very bad day, and needed a bit of a pick me up, something sweet. Of course, being Type 2 diabetic, I have to be careful. Anyway, ice cream sounded good, and I remembered someone telling me I should try Halo Top, so I decided why not.

Only problem was, I I didn't pay close enough attention to the labels, and brought home a couple of pints of dairy-free, instead of the regular. And was I in for a surprise - The stuff tastes like play-doh.

If were vegan, it probably wouldn't make that big a deal of it, as that goes with the territory according to my friends that are, but I'm not, and now I'm stuck with a couple of pints of total bleh.

Somedays you just can't win for losing.
K Bo
AG
Lol, come on. No, It's not the real stuff but it's also not THAT bad, either.
herb11
AG
I agree with Goose. That stuff is garbage.
Max Power
AG
The pistachio halo top is the only I thought was ok. The low carb ice cream that I prefer is Enlightened.
AggieOO
Halo top is terrible. Don't understand you people that like it.
c-jags
AggieOO said:

Halo top is terrible. Don't understand you people that like it.

It's like LaCroix. Just drink a coke if you're that desperate. It's awful.

Why waste a few calories for mediocre trash?
Goose83
AG
Have to try Enlightened.

Is the "real" Halo Top any better, or about the same as the dairy-free?
Woods Ag
AG
I drink LaCroix and like products all the time. If you eliminate sweets most of the time then the substitutes can be great.

Had a gautamalan roomate in college who ate straight grain cereal for breakfast. When I told him it tasted like **** he said the milk makes it sweet enough, Americans have too much sugar to appreciate it.

In hindsight, I agree 100%
Seven Costanza
AG
I genuinely like it.
K Bo
AG
I do, too. I'll reiterate, it's not as good as old fashioned ice cream but macro-adjusted it's pretty damn good.
AggieBarstool
Woods Ag said:

I drink LaCroix and like products all the time. If you eliminate sweets most of the time then the substitutes can be great.

Had a gautamalan roomate in college who ate straight grain cereal for breakfast. When I told him it tasted like **** he said the milk makes it sweet enough, Americans have too much sugar to appreciate it.

In hindsight, I agree 100%
Yep. We're a bunch of fatties addicted to our sugar. Getting off that garbage was the best decision I ever made. Now, even a single cookie or spoonful of ice cream makes me gag because of how overbearing the sweetness is.
Post removed:
by user
Woods Ag
AG
Don't get me wrong, I love a cookie, but you're right.

Sugar in my coffee, Carmel Macchiato, dessert.. I can't handle the sweetness.
Slagathor
AG
The issue is that it's the dairy-free Halo Top. I made the mistake of picking that up one time and it was so bad that had to throw it out. Most flavors of the normal Halo Top are fine though. Not as good as regular ice cream of course but it gets the job done. Enlightened is marginally better, but often more expensive.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.