Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Best Ready Made Meal Service?

1,528 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Robert C. Christian
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Doing a 5 day juice cleanse currently and thinking of adding a recurring ready made meal service after I finish this to help keep me on the right track. Just had hell getting back into a routine post holiday season with all the travel and finally had a full week at home to commit to this cleanse and thinking the meal service might help keep me on the right track. So I am curious to hear y'all's thoughts. I don't come around here to often, so if there is already a thread on this, my apologies and could you please link it.

Just as a personal preference, I tend to lift 3-5x/week so I prefer food that is heavily protein laden if that matters for any recommendations.
Hoosegow
Instapot it. Itll be cheaper, taste better and will be better for you. Just cook your own and separate it into containers.
Class of '94
IrishTxAggie
AG
Hoosegow said:

Instapot it. Itll be cheaper, taste better and will be better for you. Just cook your own and separate it into containers.
Funny thing is my mom bought me an Instapot for Christmas and I still haven't used the thing. Any suggestions for recipes or a website/board you frequent for Instapot recipes?
el_scorcho
AG
Megafitmeals is worth looking into. I tried them out and the macros, quality, and taste are all there. A bit pricey but worth it IMO.
Ragoo
AG
Chicken breasts, taco seasoning, hatch chili.

Top with Cheese, sour cream, avocado. Easy and cheap.

Chicken can be frozen while out of town. Seasoning and chilis will keep. Just buy cheese and sour cream and avocado when in town.

You can put the chick n direct in the pot from frozen and be ready in 45 minutes.

You can add lettuce and black olives for a little more boost to the flavor and texture.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/505-Southwestern-Flame-Roasted-Green-Chile-s-Medium-12-oz/157016101?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&wl13=4526&adid=22222222228000000000&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=42423897272&wl4=pla-51320962143&wl5=9060296&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=local&wl12=157016101&wl13=4526&veh=sem&gclid=Cj0KCQiA5NPjBRDDARIsAM9X1GIcI-wLy08szXIDqkFiIiSfQV6vGeI3tUNrEH9L-ZBr7ngdc3Z58PcaAl9NEALw_wcB
Hoosegow
https://www.google.com
Class of '94
K Bo
AG
For ready-made, I like Snap Kitchen. Order online and pick up in store. They also have meal plans if that better suits your need. I've found they have a good variety of high-protein based meals but also mix in a good balance of fats and carbs. I've also just tried, and am happy with, Vital Kitchen but I'm not sure where you're located and if they have pickup locations near you.
O.G.
Ragoo said:

Chicken breasts, taco seasoning, hatch chili.

Top with Cheese, sour cream, avocado. Easy and cheap.

Chicken can be frozen while out of town. Seasoning and chilis will keep. Just buy cheese and sour cream and avocado when in town.

You can put the chick n direct in the pot from frozen and be ready in 45 minutes.

You can add lettuce and black olives for a little more boost to the flavor and texture.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/505-Southwestern-Flame-Roasted-Green-Chile-s-Medium-12-oz/157016101?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&wl13=4526&adid=22222222228000000000&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=42423897272&wl4=pla-51320962143&wl5=9060296&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=local&wl12=157016101&wl13=4526&veh=sem&gclid=Cj0KCQiA5NPjBRDDARIsAM9X1GIcI-wLy08szXIDqkFiIiSfQV6vGeI3tUNrEH9L-ZBr7ngdc3Z58PcaAl9NEALw_wcB

stealing this.

Also, anyone use Eatology? I've had individual meals from there a couple of years ago but I was thinking of ordering a fairly large order.
Ragoo
AG
Week before last I experimented with thick cut pork chops. I cubed the chops into 2"x2". Tossed them into the instapot with some butter to brown the outside. Covered in the same hatch chili sauce then Cooked 40 minutes. Came out great.
Robert C. Christian
AG
One of my favorite instantpot meals. Incredibly easy and tasty.

https://www.rachelcooks.com/2018/03/12/instant-pot-pasta-sausage-spinach/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.