Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

How did you get overweight?

3,506 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by wbt5845
jagvocate
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lettered in 4 sports in high school and came to A&M and the Corps of Cadets where I remained very active through 4 years of active duty Army. Hit the civilian world in a high paying but stressful career field where we wined and dined clients and did tons of travel when I wasn't sitting at a desk. Bad diet, too much alcohol, and lack of exercise put lbs. on every year.

Fast forward through two kids and "Dad life" to to last week where I hit an all-time high of 235 at 6' ... I'm on day 3 of no drinking, counting calories, and focusing on high protein.

Rudyjax
AG
Congrats!
wbt5845
AG
Was a marathon runner and in really good shape up until about 40 years old - then with too much work, too many kid's activities, I quit making time for myself - ballooned up to 290 by age 55. Doctor put the fear of God into me at my annual physical and I got serious about getting back in shape.

Now thanks to keto, Camp Gladiator and a willingness to set time aside for myself, I'm back down to about 200 lbs.

The trick is to realize putting aside time for yourself to exercise is NOT selfish - it is required.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.