Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

10/16/2018

479 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by monarch
ptothemo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
12 easy miles through 56 degree and misty weather - great start to the day
wangus12
AG
Yesterday was 8 years out from my last knee surgery. Today I restart PT on the other knee.
RickSawyer
AG
5m @ 7:15. Second best 5m pace of the year this far.
mrsbeer05
AG
5 mile tempo "run" on the elliptical. Since the elliptical and running aren't 1:1 equivalent I went with time and heart rate. Sticking with the elliptical through Saturday then easing back into running and hoping to tackle the Houston Half pain-free.
wcb
AG
Hour on the bike with 5x3' at 250W. Nice little burn.
bert harbinson
AG
wangus12 said:

Yesterday was 8 years out from my last knee surgery. Today I restart PT on the other knee.

Sorry, and good luck! Might have missed it, what was your diagnosis/surgery?
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Ran 4.62 miles at 8:14 pace.

First run in sub 80 degree weather in a while--I actually had to put a shirt on.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
wangus12
AG
No tissue damage that we could tell from exam and imaging so now we're just gonna do PT and see if some corrective training helps alleviate the pain. I haven't run since late Aug. and have been just riding a bike or strength training. For the most part the pain has subsided, but every once in awhile, it comes back at some random time and hurts for a day or two.

I personally think its just some muscle imbalance that is causing my patella to track weird. Personal goal is to start running again by the end of the month.

On the bright side, I've suddenly become interested in doing triathlons and work my way up to IronMan because of the cross training. Just need to learn how to swim first.
ptothemo
AG
wangus12 said:

On the bright side, I've suddenly become interested in doing triathlons and work my way up to IronMan because of the cross training. Just need to learn how to swim first.
I had the same thing happen while I was rehabbing and only able to bike earlier this year. But then I got back to running and the triathlon idea went by the wayside - at least for now. Probably a case study in endurance sports psychology or something there.
bert harbinson
AG
Thanks! Sounds familiar; will do my first Tri (sprint) as result of acl surgery. Bought a bike and swam throughout the summer to stay in shape.

Hope PT does the trick and you're back to running soon.
BreNayPop
AG
40 lb weighted vest quarter miles, weighted pushups, pull ups, curls til failure.

Rotate til we completed a mile
YokelRidesAgain
AG
5K pace run
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bert harbinson
AG
1000 yard swim
2.75 mile treadmill run
monarch
S
PM: approx 60 mins spinning and lifting.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.