Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Camp Gladiator

1,927 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by wbt5845
Tex_Ag_2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I signed up to do the 4 week trial for $10. From coworkers, they said that I will need to get dumbbells and a mat since some of the places we work out at are on asphalt. I have been advised to buy the mat from CG because it is very thick and it lasts a long time but it costs $65. I have seen some thick mats on amazon for $25. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good durable mat that I could get for less than $40 and preferably for less than $30?

Also, what is the cheapest way to get dumbbells? I haven't been able to find any on craigslist or facebook marketplace in my area.

Thanks in advance.
88planoAg
AG
Most trainers have weights in their car you can borrow for now.

I still use a mat that we had for camping (I've been going to cg since January). It is serviceable, provides enough cushion and the kind I have looks to be less than $20 at Academy. I use a beach towel on top because it gets kinda slippery with sweat.
AgEng06
AG
Where are you located?
Rudyjax
AG
AgEng06 said:

Where are you located?

Dallas Fitness Depot is the cheapest.
wbt5845
AG
Fitness Depot is the right answer for dumbbells. And get larger than you think you'll need unless you wanna buy another pair in a few weeks. Go for at least 20 lbs.

I used an old yoga mat of my wife's until I knew I wanted to stick with it. If you go Bold, you'll be able to buy the CG mat at a discount.

Hope it woks out. I've been doing CG for about 18 months and just reached Gold level. Love it cause I got a bad ass trainer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.