Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

BMW Dallas roll call - half & full

2,797 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by bert harbinson
DaveHimself
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recs for a good spot for spectators? My wife will be running her first half so I'll have (3) kids in tow. Ideally I'd like to camp somewhere around mile 5, then head to finish line but not sure if I'll have time for that with road closures and not being familiar with the area.
Rudyjax
AG
https://www.bmwdallasmarathon.com/course-spectator-map/

G looks like a good spot. Definately have them make signs. Gives them something to do while you're waiting.
The Pilot
AG
If anybody is running the 5K/10K tomorrow, I'll be at the UCAN table, stop by and say hello.
EnglishElhew07
I am in the same boat as to cheering mom on. Any suggestions on where to park when we get down to the finish line area?
wangus12
AG
Pilot what is going on down there. I heard a bomb threat and they've shut down the convention center
The Pilot
AG
Looks like a security guard found a backpack with what looked like dynamite and a call was placed to crime stoppers saying the convention center would blow up in 30 min. They've closed packet pickup for the night but plan to reopen tomorrow. People running the 5k/10k tomorrow can pick up packets starting at 6.
clobby
AG
Good luck everyone!
bert harbinson
AG
Have a great run Ags!
Rudyjax
AG
My race.

But I knew that I would either put up a good time or crash and burn. Great course.
Phat32
AG
I didn't hit my goal, but was happy just to finish for my first one. That course is sneaky hard.

Congrats to everyone who raced.
bert harbinson
AG
Ran the Half. Garmin has 1:42:48 (PR by 6:12).
"Unofficial" race results currently show 32 seconds slower.

Lots of subtle incline I thought, but a great day and beautiful course. Congrats to all!

Saw Craig Miller spectating at Sewanee & Cornell.

Edit: Official time 1:43:19. Very happy with that.
Rudyjax
AG
bert harbinson said:

Ran the Half. Garmin has 1:42:48 (PR by 6:12).
"Unofficial" race results currently show 32 seconds slower.

Lots of subtle incline I thought, but a great day and beautiful course. Congrats to all!

Saw Craig Miller spectating at Sewanee & Cornell.

The half was flat compared to the full.

I saw junior miller too.
sims05
AG
Bummer. I was pulling for you. I think you made the right move if you are going down do it in a blaze of glory.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Had an ok half (2:04). Wasn't expecting to beat my PR with the training I had been putting in. So I was happy overall.

Rudyjax
AG
sims05 said:

Bummer. I was pulling for you. I think you made the right move if you are going down do it in a blaze of glory.

Thanks. Around 7:35 for 17.

Finished 3:45.

It's a respectable time bu not what I wanted. Just proud I fought thru it.
clobby
AG
2:25 for the half. My arches are killing me, I can barley walk, the last 3 or 4 miles were brutal. I saw the one true muser as well.
The Pilot
AG
Great day for running! I ran the last leg of the relay. The hills up Winsted and Tokalon sucked.
Rudyjax
AG
The Pilot said:

Great day for running! I ran the last leg of the relay. The hills up Winsted and Tokalon sucked.

We had to come down those on the full and we were like, oh *****
The Pilot
AG
bummed your race didn't turn out like you had hoped. You're pretty close, make some adjustments to your training and you'll get it next time.
Rudyjax
AG
The Pilot said:

bummed your race didn't turn out like you had hoped. You're pretty close, make some adjustments to your training and you'll get it next time.

Thanks. I think so too.
bert harbinson
AG
My first timing error. My gun & chip times were exactly the same though I started a little bit back in the pack. Figured the mat at the starting line didn't read me as I crossed. I asked about it, timing folks confirmed that's what happened, and corrected it. Not a big deal, or even much of a time difference, but it didn't make sense and I wanted to see what went wrong or if my watch was inaccurate. Glad I asked.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.