Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Crossfit games and nativity.

16,246 Views | 122 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by dave99ag
BallerStaf2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I'm not sure how many people fail to notice what I'm about to share.

I'm at brunch today and an Aggie buddy who's very into crossfit talks about how badass the guys that are in the crossfit games are. I agreed they are probably studs, but he also, without provocation, talked about how crossfit is a clean sport and these guys don't use anything illegal.

The men and women competing in the games look bodybuilder show ready. They are big and ripped. Crossfit is a sport where it is extremely difficult to keep muscle on due to the grueling high intensity workouts they perform.

With all this said, it is completely impossible these athletes in the game are not using heavy peptides and gear (steroids). They have so much size, that only aas could help them keep the size on. Not that in judging, just don't even try to tell
Me they aren't on something.

Is there anyone that actually doubts this?
bmks270
AG
Certainly not all competitors are clean.

I do think some probably are.
OldAg93
AG
Here I thought this was going to feature 3 wise men and a manger.

Maybe donkeys? Not referring to you, OP.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Hahaha

I meant to say naivety and it got autocorrected.
Vander
AG
quote:
Certainly not all competitors are clean.

I do think some probably are.

In the major competitions? Absolutely none of them are natural. They don't test for steroids at all, do you seriously think their use wouldn't be rampant?

About the only steroid they won't be using would be trenbolone primarily because it kills your ability to do cardio. The rest? Yes, virtually all of them.
BallerStaf2003
AG
I'm curious what specifically they would do. Obviously they're using test prop, but what other compounds cause an increase in endurance?

They're probably using a ton of peptides, growth, and possibly even blood doping.
bthotugigem05
AG
http://games.crossfit.com/drug-policy

I know I know all of these athletes somehow get around the testing, but just so everyone knows there is a policy in place.
Endo Ag
AG
quote:

They're probably using a ton of peptides, growth, and possibly even blood doping.

EPO and Testosterone still the widely accepted drugs for endurance sports. No reason for blood doping. That was a strategy used after heavy dosing of EPO became tracable (initially there was no test for EPO).

There are certainly other drugs in use with varying success, including experimental drugs and even potentially artificial blood.

I can't say how the interactions with the muscle steroids come into play.

Personal sources: Tyler Hamilton's book. No first or second hand knowledge.
Vander
AG
quote:

I know I know all of these athletes somehow get around the testing, but just so everyone knows there is a policy in place.

See the Cream and the Clear. Designer steroids are so far ahead of the testing game that they may as well no bother.

Also, Crossfit testing programs are widely known to be a complete joke.
bthotugigem05
AG
Like I said, I understand that because you know they all are doping, that they are in fact 100% doping, every single one of them.
P.U.T.U
AG
Steroid test are known as IQ test to the athletes
PatAg
AG
crossfit itsels is an extreme joke.
AggieOO
Like your spelling?
bthotugigem05
AG
quote:
Like you're spelling?
fify
BallerStaf2003
AG
They'd better not test! If they didn't the guys would be like 160 max. That wouldn't be quite as marketable.
bmks270
AG
Rich Froning wrote a book, he talks about steroids and denies using them.
w8liftr
quote:
Rich Froning hired a ghost writer to write a book with his name on it, the ghost writer talks about steroids and the ghost writer denies using them.

FIFY
Mr. Nobody
I like how it's obvious most competitors obviously didn't get their physique by just doing crossfit...

Also, them deadlifts...
mid90
AG
quote:
quote:

See the Cream and the Clear. Designer steroids are so far ahead of the testing game that they may as well no bother.

Also, Crossfit testing programs are widely known to be a complete joke.

Someone on the internet makes vague claim about knowledge of ineptitude of crossfit testing programs, provides no data. Definitely believable.
AggieOO
i don't know anything about the crossfit games, but i'd be shocked if cheating isn't rampant. that has nothing to do with crossfit itself, but more to do with the state of sports/competitions these days.
OA5II
AG
quote:
i don't know anything about the crossfit games, but i'd be shocked if cheating isn't rampant. that has nothing to do with crossfit itself, but more to do with the state of sports/competitions these days.

Exactly. Why would anyone be surprised. Just like baseball, football, triathlons, track and field, etc. There are clean guys and not clean guys. It is what it is.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I still wanna see Mary and Joseph do those crazy pull-ups.
Clem
I'm a huge fan of Crossfit training. Love it. Have gotten great results from it and the coaches at the gym are very strict on maintaining good form. So the people who hate Crossfit as a methodology of training would not find a sympathetic ear with me.

That being said, those competitors have to be on all sorts of banned substances. As psuedo-proof, I offer you the bodies of those in the non-money divisions (Teens & Masters). No crazy gigantic bodies. Everyone looks like a very fit, but legitimate member of both their species and their gender.

See below for examples of non-money competitors:

and

Perhaps the money-divisions just show us the best athletes in the world at doping for all-around fitness.

mid90
AG
quote:
P.U.T.U
AG
So non-money (aka amateurs) athletes do not take steroids? If you believe that I am a Nigerian king and if you send me $1000 I will feed my country.
AggieOO
quote:
So non-money (aka amateurs) athletes do not take steroids? If you believe that I am a Nigerian king and if you send me $1000 I will feed my country.
less likely to take them/lower percentage, but i agree with you that there are definitely those who are on them.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
quote:
less likely to take them/lower percentage, but i agree with you that there are definitely those who are on them.
undoubtedly the percentage is lower due to sheer volume of entrants. but, i bet the numbers would shock people if there was a way to find out. also, it again comes down to what all is considered a "bad" PED and what is a "good" PED.
tamu02
I train daily with one of the games athletes and know two others. I would be somewhat surprised in any of the three of them use illegal PED's. I can't speak for the other 37.
tamu02
quote:
I like how it's obvious most competitors obviously didn't get their physique by just doing crossfit...

Also, them deadlifts...

So in your expert analysis, what workouts did they do to obtain their physiques? Is there no combination of all of the workouts listed on CrossFit.com that would allow you to have a good build?
DBSwooper
quote:
quote:
I'm more likely to believe more weekend warriors are on some sort of "additive" to assist in their recovery and performance than I think you are. I'm not even talking about the gym bros, not just the Crossfit cult followers, but people in weekend cycling groups, softball leagues...

bthotugigem05
AG
Yet somehow the only threads we ever see about this sort of stuff references CrossFit and CrossFit only, never any other sport.
AggieOO
I definitely don't think it's limited to crossfit or weightlifting, but I think the percentage of everyday Joes doping vs people competing for prize money who dope is lower.

There are definitely amateur dopers in cycling, triathlon, running, etc. It also depends on what is considered a PED. Marijuana can be a PED, but most people wouldn't put it in that category. If you include marijuana usage, the numbers would skyrocket.
DBSwooper
quote:
Yet somehow the only threads we ever see about this sort of stuff references CrossFit and CrossFit only, never any other sport.
That is, at least by my perception, because so many people want to believe the crossfit competitors are all natural. At least in other professional level strength sports it isn't something that is lied about (usually).

Powerlifting? Yup.
Strongman? Yup.
Highland Games? Yup.

Other sports:
Cycling? Yup, publicly so.
Running? Yup, name an Olympic games in the past 20 years where someone didn't pop the test.

Well, the list could go on. Basically I would include every sport out there, I'm willing to be there is someone who is on a weekend curling league who is doing more than drinking beer.

With that said, take the competitors at the Crossfit Games, are they doping? Sure. Did they work their @$$ off for years to make it to that level of fitness, ability, skill and strength? Darn right they did!
AggieOO
Not true at all. We talked about cheating/doping on here in endurance sports quite often. Maybe you just don't read those threads.
bthotugigem05
AG
That's a fair point.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.