Rule 1 - White Ford

2,745 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by Goodest Poster
1agswitchin4lanes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
But not what you expected…..


Won this on LMNM a few weeks ago. Shipped it from South Carolina and have been tinkering with it ever since.


1994 Ford Taurus LX with 26K miles


Driven by a librarian 2 miles a day to work and back until it was parked in a barn in 2018.

Carfax shows all service done at the selling dealer.

I've been doing a lot of cleaning and replacing original/old fluids and rubber parts. Drives great. I did replace the original tires. Today was iron remover, clay bar, polish and Gyeon ceramic coating.

Not exotic or collectible, but it's interesting that nobody thought to save these "regular traffic" cars and one by one they disappeared from the roads.








classicdoug
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nice! Almost the same steering wheel my 94 Mustang had.
1agswitchin4lanes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
classicdoug said:

Nice! Almost the same steering wheel my 94 Mustang had.


They're interchangeable.

94-03 Mustang, 95-97 Panther, 95-97 Thunderbird.
Aggie71013
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My grandmother had one of these in brown. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
CactusThomas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Elite
sts7049
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
homemade SHO in the works?
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The interior is immaculate
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
you have a special case of Ford-ism.


but that is an amazing time capsule.
Aggietaco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How many 15's are you putting in the trunk?
Mookie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can't wait to see the candy paint
Aston 91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I always think it's cool to see old unremarkable cars in remarkable condition.
Garrelli 5000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Awesome. Need to put a crackle finish on it



It reminds of my mom's Chevy Lumina. She sold her iroc-z right before I turned 15 and replaced it w/the Lumina. My dad hated it so much he made her pay for it 100% from her own paycheck. I hated that right as I was getting my learners permit my mom dropped the iroc.
Staff - take out the trash.
Socialism Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That car is a cream puff. I like the YOM Texas plate too. Perfection.
f2foxes2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How much effort did it take to get it running?
PMD03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
First I am hearing/reading of that site and now I have lost my entire morning. Nice to see a site that hasn't been taken over by people flipping Porches and exotics (yet).
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is what I'm f'ing talking about right HERE:


n_touch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1ags treating Fords like Pokeman
aggiepaintrain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wrap it matte purple
1agswitchin4lanes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
f2foxes2001 said:

How much effort did it take to get it running?


Buccees ethanol free , a fresh fuel filter and a battery.

Will be replacing more bits and pieces as time allows.

For now she's a good driver. I subjected my wife to date night in it on Friday….
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

f2foxes2001 said:

How much effort did it take to get it running?


Buccees ethanol free , a fresh fuel filter and a battery.

Will be replacing more bits and pieces as time allows.

For now she's a good driver. I subjected my wife to date night in it on Friday….


lol. I love this.
javajaws
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggietaco said:

How many 15's are you putting in the trunk?

Put a couple 21's back there and you'll never have to vacuum the inside again!
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
Street Fighter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Its been a minute since I've seen one of those.
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The vent.... what i wouldn't give to have that in my truck now.
1agswitchin4lanes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OnlyForNow said:

The vent.... what i wouldn't give to have that in my truck now.


You can.

Just press the AC button to turn the compressor off.
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
does that actually bring in outside air?
1agswitchin4lanes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OnlyForNow said:

does that actually bring in outside air?


Yes. Disable the recirculate button and you will get fresh outside.
Complete Idiot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
push button start?!?
El_Guero512
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My parents had one, I also remember them from the Robocop franchise.
dodger02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

I subjected my wife to date night in it on Friday….

Did y'all go to Fudrucker's in the mall and then pick up a couple of movies at Blockbuster?
Mr Mojo Risin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

f2foxes2001 said:

How much effort did it take to get it running?


Buccees ethanol free , a fresh fuel filter and a battery.

Will be replacing more bits and pieces as time allows.

For now she's a good driver. I subjected my wife to date night in it on Friday….

Thanks for not rule 1'ing the back seat...
America was built on speed, hot, nasty, badass speed.
1agswitchin4lanes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Complete Idiot said:

push button start?!?


It had it but I have corrected that.
1agswitchin4lanes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dodger02 said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

I subjected my wife to date night in it on Friday….

Did y'all go to Fudrucker's in the mall and then pick up a couple of movies at Blockbuster?


After we went to eckerds….
Tree Hugger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oooh, do I spy a power antenna up front there on the right?
TecRecAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not one of you MFers did it, so I guess I will.

LSswap
1agswitchin4lanes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tree Hugger said:

Oooh, do I spy a power antenna up front there on the right?


It is!

It's a pretty oddly spec'Ed car.

Larger V6, moonroof, leather power bench.

But no premium sound, no floor shift console, and no auto climate.


Page 1 of 2 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.