rule 1

2,633 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by AgsWin2011
nealan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
2026 STX Avalanche (grey?)
2.7L 4x4
Not fancy but perfect for me!!


JB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
nealan said:

2026 STX Avalanche (grey?)
2.7L 4x4
Not fancy but perfect for me!!





Nice. I also have an STX in a very similar Space White.
SteveA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Whenever I think I want a midsized truck, I come back to, "An STX just makes more sense for the same or less money...."

Nice choice. Looks killer.
nealan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I agree. The comparable XLT was $14,000 more

Well, I say comparable, but it had a lot more bells and whistles .
AgsWin2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Interior pics? Also, curious how much you paid. I''ll be looking to buy a truck for my son in a couple years. Probably won't be new, but curious how much these are going for.
nealan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I paid about $44.9k out the door , sticker was $52.1k
nealan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was actually driving a 2024 Ranger. I liked it , but at the end of the day it was just too small for me. I have 2 small kids and the F150 has 9" more backseat leg room for those car seats
nealan
How long do you want to ignore this user?



bam02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nice! STX are sharp trucks and that's a great color.
1agswitchin4lanes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nice truck!

Sucks theres no rear locker.
nealan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For sure. I inquired about a white STX with a locker. It had just sold. That is the only thing I wish this truck had. That and a dampened tailgate. Ford sells a dampening kit on the website to install for like $95 I believe. Know if it's any good ?
1agswitchin4lanes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
nealan said:

For sure. I inquired about a white STX with a locker. It had just sold. That is the only thing I wish this truck had. That and a dampened tailgate. Ford sells a dampening kit on the website to install for like $95 I believe. Know if it's any good ?



Just buy the parts separately for 25 bucks less.

You
Need the roller assembly and the shock


Also make sure you have good torx bits or you will strip it out
JB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was able to add the trailer brake controller to my STX but it wasn't that easy. Had to learn Forscan, ordered the wrong TBM, but did get it all working eventually.

The locker is a great option, but I dont have it either.

Auto start stop delete that simply changes the default from on to off was great easy mod. Less than a minute.

I don't love the cupholders. Also don't love how the A/C doesn't kick on immediately when you start the truck. It takes like 5 seconds for some reason to start blowing.

The truck doesn't have remote start via the remote. You have to use the app. I don't like the connectivity of whatever Ford is monitoring through that so I don't have it turned on.

Still really like the truck overall and the 2.7
nealan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What's the trick to disabling start/stop?? I'd love to do that
JB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
nealan said:

What's the trick to disabling start/stop?? I'd love to do that


I can't remember for sure, but think this is the one I bought.

https://www.4dtech.com/f150-21-26-start-stop-eliminator/

Drop glove box, unplug a harness, plug this one in, boom done. You can still enable that feature by pushing the button above the headlight switch if you want it, but now it doesn't default to ON at every startup.
nealan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just ordered that bad boy
1agswitchin4lanes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
nealan said:

What's the trick to disabling start/stop?? I'd love to do that


Hard to disable it with software after 24.

4D is the most well known. Some Amazon brands are less but not well trusted.
Buck Turgidson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nealan said:

For sure. I inquired about a white STX with a locker. It had just sold. That is the only thing I wish this truck had. That and a dampened tailgate. Ford sells a dampening kit on the website to install for like $95 I believe. Know if it's any good ?

You can get a dampener online for $30. We put one on my son's STX when we bought it. Works fine.
nealan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Amazon?
Ag for Life
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.roughcountry.com/product/ford-tailgate-assist-73222

We got this one for my son's 2017 F150. He installed it in like 5 minutes and it works as intended.
Buck Turgidson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Very similar to the one above on Amazon:
Amazon.com: Dee Zee DZ43204 Tailgate Assist fits 2015-Current Ford F150, Multicolor : Automotive

There are a number of other mods that we did right up front, like a fold-down bed step, security screws on the taillights & license plates, spray in bed liner, rubber bed mat, mud flaps and rear wheel well liners. The biggest cost thing we did was PPF on the front, mirrors and door edges. I don't regret the PPF for a second - he drives a long way to school and back every day on Houston freeways and he's had no damage from rocks or bugs.
nealan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Those all sound like good mods
1agswitchin4lanes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
nealan said:

Those all sound like good mods


I recommend you buy the one that is internal and Ford style.

The ones that the others have posted work fine, but I have seen the Jack nut fail, and they're impossible to remove.

Here's the aftermarket factory style

https://ebay.io/m/QLlFPE
nealan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ok , mods so far….
Windows tinted
Bed liner (spray)
Start/Stop eliminator
Wheel well liners
Rubber floor mats
Tailgate Assist (OEM-ordered)

Up next…
Bed cover (leaning towards BAK Revolver X4S)
Level. Bilstein 5100 or 6112s maybe

Any other thoughts?
bam02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What did you do for start/stop eliminator? Was it DIY?
AgsWin2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ranch hand. Had one on my last truck and have missed it ever since.
classof2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just added the Bak Revolver X4S to my new Ram last night. Great product and loving it 1 day in. Highly recommend and I prefer it over the trifold.

Oddly enough, the day after I put it on we get our first rain in 70 days.
nealan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Literally just plugs in behind the glove box. Love it

Amazon

nealan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Which one did you have ?
bam02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thank you! I'll order that today. I have a 2024 and could t figure out what was true based on internet research. Thought I might have to pull part of the dash off and I wasn't interested in that.
Buck Turgidson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you don't already have a fold down bed step, that is definitely worthwhile.
AmericanTrucks

Also, ppf on the front, mirrors, door handle cups and door edges will save you a lot of scratches and rock chips.
AgsWin2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just the regular grill guard. Not the entire bumper replacement. I just got a new Ram this year. I'm going to swap out the 22" wheels and tires once the factory tires wear out, or maybe at the end of the year when they have better deals. Also plan on getting another Ranch Hand as well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.