F1 COTA Advice

1,301 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by theJonatron
RMC91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've got tickets to the race in late October and it will be my first time to the track. Now I need a place to stay. Hotels that weekend are outrageous (need two rooms for 3 nights).

I can stay at a friend's place in the Barton Creek area but not sure what the morning drive would be like getting to the track. Anyone have experience and could recommend a better option given cost and traffic? I'll pay for rooms if it's an absolute must but I don't want to pay $2000/night per room for 3 nights.

Aggie Pharmer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you get there early enough, traffic won't be a problem. I went on the Saturday two years ago. Got there about 6:30-6:645 am and it wasn't bad at all. In fact, I don't recall there being any traffic, just a loose line of moving vehicles. I think the gates opened at either 7:00 am or 8 am.

Traffic coming out is a different story. Be prepared for it to take 45 minutes to an hour just to get out of the parking lot. It was really, really bad. And that was before the Eminem concert started.
P.H. Dexippus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Same, departure is far worse than arrival. Last time we went, we took the shuttle bus. It was hassle free on the way in, but it took a couple of hours to get back to our parked car. The only tricks I know of is to either leave before the race ends, or get an RV spot.
RMC91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks for the info guys.
austinag1997
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You can F1 like my daughter. She is friends with the Red Bull Engineering team and has garage access during F1 at COTA.

But I would sit with the masses. No joke.

F1 is a joke with new rules. Socialism at its finest. Red Bull is the standard. The rest of the teams get almost unlimited mods and extended wind testing. Its taken its toll on the Red Bull team.
Aggie Pharmer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
austinag1997 said:

You can F1 like my daughter. She is friends with the Red Bull Engineering team and has garage access during F1 at COTA.

But I would sit with the masses. No joke.

F1 is a joke with new rules. Socialism at its finest. Red Bull is the standard. The rest of the teams get almost unlimited mods and extended wind testing. Its taken its toll on the Red Bull team.


I'd have to agree that the current PU regulations are a joke. Red Bull's woes come from a lack of strong leadership, in my opinion, and their upper management attrition over the past couple of years has really hurt them. Laurent doesn't have the personality to lead a front running team. I think Max has done a great job lately driving the sh*tbox he has and hopefully they can get some things sorted out to be more competitive during the break. But with main competitors getting ADUO, it's gonna be a difficult second half of season.

I'll finish with that I've been a Red Bull fan since the days of Vettel/Webber and I hope your daughter realizes how lucky she is for the opportunity she has every year!
cadetjay02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We stayed in Round Rock. As mentioned above, if you get there early then taking 130 around is pretty quick, getting out is a different story.
austinag1997
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggie Pharmer said:

austinag1997 said:

You can F1 like my daughter. She is friends with the Red Bull Engineering team and has garage access during F1 at COTA.

But I would sit with the masses. No joke.

F1 is a joke with new rules. Socialism at its finest. Red Bull is the standard. The rest of the teams get almost unlimited mods and extended wind testing. Its taken its toll on the Red Bull team.


I'd have to agree that the current PU regulations are a joke. Red Bull's woes come from a lack of strong leadership, in my opinion, and their upper management attrition over the past couple of years has really hurt them. Laurent doesn't have the personality to lead a front running team. I think Max has done a great job lately driving the sh*tbox he has and hopefully they can get some things sorted out to be more competitive during the break. But with main competitors getting ADUO, it's gonna be a difficult second half of season.

I'll finish with that I've been a Red Bull fan since the days of Vettel/Webber and I hope your daughter realizes how lucky she is for the opportunity she has every year!


She knows her good fortune. Heck they call her when they fly into town. They call her to pick them up at ABIA to go to ACL together.
theJonatron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Canyon Lake has endless cheap options and is only an hour away. My parents live there and I take my motorcycle to COTA on open track days

However. i will never attend a F1 race there ever again. It took us multiple hours to get out of there many years ago
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.