
Got a good deal on a new 2025 1500 LTZ with the 5.3 that was a dealer loaner vehicle. New truck had 4040 miles. Traded in a 2022 1500 LT that had the 2.7 turbo engine. I really liked that engine and that truck, but man it's nice to have a V8 again. The most surprising thing from this whole deal is that I bought it from Autonation in Austin and had a great experience the whole time. It was on July 4th so I wasn't sure how engaged they would be plus I know they don't have the best reputation on this board so I went in with some apprehension. I didn't need a new truck so I was prepared to walk at any time. They tried the usual dealer add ons like tint and paint protection, but when I told them I wasn't paying for those, salesman went to the manager and they took them right off. Took a couple rounds of me telling the salesman I was ready to walk but we eventually got to a place I was happy with and got the deal done. Went to the finance office and again was a little apprehensive and prepared to go over the contract with a fine tooth comb. Finance guy was very polite and knowledgeable, gave me his extended warranty pitch, and when I declined, that was it. No pressure or anything. Contract was exactly as I expected with no surprises or hidden fees. Overall a great experience.
Oh and best part about the truck, ventilated seats! Second best thing, it's a base LTZ without any of the extra LTZ packages so it doesn't have a sunroof. Going to maybe start doing some research on DFM disabler. (AFM? I can't keep up with GM's acronyms.)