Chevy Colorado

2,428 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by rdselman95
cadetjay02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking at the Chevy Colorado as a new truck. I haven't ruled out the full size, but we're about to be empty nesters and just want something for truck camping in the mountains. I'm specifically looking at the trail boss package. I know Tacoma's are probably better, but there is a significant price and financing difference. The Turbomax engine appears to be susceptible to issues like many other modern turbos.
SnowboardAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Colorado / Canyon is the best looking mid size truck on the market today. Buy the extended warranty and enjoy it. Coworker has one and loves it.
TSW2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Turbomax may be the most reliable engine GM makes right now. Tons of 1500WTs with hundreds of thousands of miles in a heavier truck.

We had a 2024 for a year and sold it when my son was born to get a more kid focused car for the wife. I really liked it. I wish I would've got the GMC I like the styling a bit more but was a great little truck.
Blonde Coffee Beans
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I had a Caynon years ago and enjoyed mine

"I don't care about your feelings OP. I'm not going to let fandom replace reason, thought, and history"
cadetjay02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks for the feedback, does anyone have a preferred GM dealer in DFW?
Teslag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had one of the Colorado's with the Z71 and turbomax. I loved it but it was just too small for our family of 4. I test drove it, the Nissan frontier, and the Tacoma. Wasn't close, Colorado was better than all of them.

The turbomax I4 may be the best truck engine period right now, and is super reliable.
91AggieLawyer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SnowboardAg said:

Colorado / Canyon is the best looking mid size truck on the market today. Buy the extended warranty and enjoy it. Coworker has one and loves it.


It is also one of the most unreliable. If you do this, read the extended warranty plan VERY carefully and note whether rental coverage is cumulative (life of contract) or per occurrence.

GM in general is a hard pass for me, but this model should be an even harder pass for even the most rabid GM enthusiast. You do what you want -- its your money and your time.
Corps_Ag12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cadetjay02 said:

Thanks for the feedback, does anyone have a preferred GM dealer in DFW?


Never bought from Jerry's in Granbury, but had my truck serviced by them under warranty and the experience was thousandfold better than Moritz in Fort Worth.
Teslag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

SnowboardAg said:

Colorado / Canyon is the best looking mid size truck on the market today. Buy the extended warranty and enjoy it. Coworker has one and loves it.


It is also one of the most unreliable. If you do this, read the extended warranty plan VERY carefully and note whether rental coverage is cumulative (life of contract) or per occurrence.

GM in general is a hard pass for me, but this model should be an even harder pass for even the most rabid GM enthusiast. You do what you want -- its your money and your time.


The GM 2.7 turbo is much more reliable than the current Tacoma engine and it's not particularly close.

Toyota isn't who they used to be.
TSW2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

SnowboardAg said:

Colorado / Canyon is the best looking mid size truck on the market today. Buy the extended warranty and enjoy it. Coworker has one and loves it.


It is also one of the most unreliable. If you do this, read the extended warranty plan VERY carefully and note whether rental coverage is cumulative (life of contract) or per occurrence.

GM in general is a hard pass for me, but this model should be an even harder pass for even the most rabid GM enthusiast. You do what you want -- its your money and your time.



Just not true of the current generation truck. The turbo 4 is incredibly reliable. The last generation had problems primarily with the baby diesel but the turbo 4 in this generation is an excellent platform and at this point pretty proven reliable from its use in the 1500 since 2019.
JamesPShelley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
91AggieLawyer said:

SnowboardAg said:

Colorado / Canyon is the best looking mid size truck on the market today. Buy the extended warranty and enjoy it. Coworker has one and loves it.


It is also one of the most unreliable. If you do this, read the extended warranty plan VERY carefully and note whether rental coverage is cumulative (life of contract) or per occurrence.

GM in general is a hard pass for me, but this model should be an even harder pass for even the most rabid GM enthusiast. You do what you want -- its your money and your time.

I agree. Not a truck person... but words like "max" married to a 4 banger doesn't sound promising whatever the claims. Government interference has ****ed up trucks for a long while now.

Further, not a fan of GM (goverment motors) since the bailout. Yeah.. I didn't forget.

310 in an I4. lol.
AgGrad99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Quote:

Further, not a fan of GM (government motors) since the bailout. Yeah.. I didn't forget.

A. Every manufacturer paid it back
B. Ford opted not to take TARP money, then took 6 billion from the govt through a different program (TALF)

Not sure that should be a sticking point, since they all took funds.
Blonde Coffee Beans
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AgGrad99 said:


Quote:

Further, not a fan of GM (government motors) since the bailout. Yeah.. I didn't forget.

A. Every manufacturer paid it back
B. Ford opted not to take TARP money, then took 6 billion from the govt through a different program (TALF)

Not sure that should be a sticking point, since they all took funds.


This is and will always be a Ford board. I imagine over half the board to have had this on their F150 at some point in their lives

"I don't care about your feelings OP. I'm not going to let fandom replace reason, thought, and history"
cadetjay02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had that sticker on my 1985 F150, except it was a saws off longhorn being urinated on. 351 Windsor was a fine engine, it would roar down the highway.
Cliff.Booth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bought a Colorado back in March and have absolutely loved it. I've owned Fords and Rams and prefer this.
fixer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Teslag said:

91AggieLawyer said:

SnowboardAg said:

Colorado / Canyon is the best looking mid size truck on the market today. Buy the extended warranty and enjoy it. Coworker has one and loves it.


It is also one of the most unreliable. If you do this, read the extended warranty plan VERY carefully and note whether rental coverage is cumulative (life of contract) or per occurrence.

GM in general is a hard pass for me, but this model should be an even harder pass for even the most rabid GM enthusiast. You do what you want -- its your money and your time.


The GM 2.7 turbo is much more reliable than the current Tacoma engine and it's not particularly close.

Toyota isn't who they used to be.


This and Im a hopeless Toyota fanatic.
SteveA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

The GM 2.7 turbo is much more reliable than the current Tacoma engine and it's not particularly close.

Toyota isn't who they used to be.

It's all of the stuff around the motor that I would be more worried about.
Old Sarge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
fixer said:

Teslag said:

91AggieLawyer said:

SnowboardAg said:

Colorado / Canyon is the best looking mid size truck on the market today. Buy the extended warranty and enjoy it. Coworker has one and loves it.


It is also one of the most unreliable. If you do this, read the extended warranty plan VERY carefully and note whether rental coverage is cumulative (life of contract) or per occurrence.

GM in general is a hard pass for me, but this model should be an even harder pass for even the most rabid GM enthusiast. You do what you want -- its your money and your time.


The GM 2.7 turbo is much more reliable than the current Tacoma engine and it's not particularly close.

Toyota isn't who they used to be.


This and Im a hopeless Toyota fanatic.

The Tacoma with no naturally aspirated v6 SUCKS. Toyota sold their soul, and reputation along with it. Wife has a 4runner (10 years old) and I have a Tacoma 6 years old. Needless to say, we'd have not looked anywhere else for the next vehicles. Now, I'l look everywhere else, first. Traitors. If they'd bring back the v-8 and v-6, they'd be a dominate force in the market. F-in TRAITORS.
"Green" is the new RED.
SnowboardAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The new Tacomas are incredibly ugly and I've been a Toyota fan my entire life. I agree that they've sold their soul and it's very frustrating. Plus, Lexus is all SUVs now so that's irritating. I don't even know which brand to shop any more, but I know it's not Ford (even though I love the bronco raptor).
Enviroag02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Coming from a lifted 2019 Silverado I really wanted a new Colorado ZR2 Bison, but when I drove it…man was it tiny inside. It felt like a seat on a Ferris wheel it was so small. It also seemed cheaper made inside than I was used to. Just couldn't do it. Went with a new 1500 ZR2.
Blonde Coffee Beans
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Enviroag02 said:

Coming from a lifted 2019 Silverado I really wanted a new Colorado ZR2 Bison, but when I drove it…man was it tiny inside. It felt like a seat on a Ferris wheel it was so small. It also seemed cheaper made inside than I was used to. Just couldn't do it. Went with a new 1500 ZR2.

I guess it comes down to what you're used too. While I drove my Canyon, I didnt feel cramped at all. But im a high performance car guy at heart and went from a Camaro to a Canyon.

The OP should definitely test drive one. A mid size truck is more than enough for what the average consumer needs imo
"I don't care about your feelings OP. I'm not going to let fandom replace reason, thought, and history"
CanyonAg77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I find it funny that Colorado/Canyon are mid sized. They are closer to what 1/2 tons used to be
Corps_Ag12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

I find it funny that Colorado/Canyon are mid sized. They are closer to what 1/2 tons used to be


I actually thought that too but I checked the interior dimensions and the Colorado/Canyon are still 8" narrower than a GMT400 ('88-'98), but are only 2" narrower on the outside dimensions. The interior dimension variation is probably due to safety regulation changes over time.
rdselman95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I recently bought the Colorado Trail Boss and love it. So fun to drive. Looks great too.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.