Unique/Oddball/Cool/Survivor Automobiles Thread

10,952 Views | 94 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by AgFrogfan
Tim Weaver
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AgFrogfan said:

Tim Weaver said:

G Martin 87 said:

Tim Weaver said:

Definitely a survivor. This is original paint, interior, and drivetrain. Iam running it on Microsquirt because I'm going to turbo it sometime sooner-ish.







Also what I'm currently daily driving. You see 500's pretty often, but you don't see the angry version all that much. 2012 Fiat 500 Abarth.


I always thought a 500 Abarth would have been a really fun third car.

it's for sale, soooo…

Hey Tim, if you decide to post it for sale on the classifieds feel free to link on this forum. That's a sweet go-kart with A/C, lol. How many miles you rockin?

Its got 130k miles on it and climbing. I daily it right now. It's not really a "nice" car, but its solid and would make an excellent autocross tool.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1479029746618277/referralSurface=messenger_banner&referralCode=2


I am asking about a grand more than I'll really accept to deal with the FB idiots.
AgFrogfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bump for originality. I drove the 50 Chevy today, oil change yesterday and topped off radiator on the fresh 216ci rocking 26k OG miles. Brakes are bleeding so that's my next tackle. Cruise on friends.
Rattler12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gator92 said:




Went to the SA stock show and rodeo huh....
Gator92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rattler12 said:

Gator92 said:




Went to the SA stock show and rodeo huh....

Nope. HLSR
AgFrogfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'd say this one goes in the cool category
AgFrogfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Best I could do for a decent photo. Mid 1930's Jaguar perhaps?
USAFAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgFrogfan said:

Best I could do for a decent photo. Mid 1930's Jaguar perhaps?



Kit car. Replica Jag SS100
AgFrogfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?


AgFrogfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thought y'all might enjoy these old photos I took back in the day.

From what I've researched, this was the T-3 Miss Budweiser which raced from 1989-1993. I don't know much about the hauling rig but it was a real beast.

So I'm 8 years old in '93 watching KXAS NBC 5 (Fort Worth- Dallas) and they're doing a live segment about Ms. B and their racing team. I bolted up, grabbed the 35mm Canon P&S and hopped on my Huffy bicycle.
These were the last 4 exposures on that roll of film unfortunately.





AgFrogfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I saw a Cougar in a Cougar today.
AgFrogfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1952 maybe?
USAFAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgFrogfan said:

1952 maybe?




1954 Chevy 3100
txyaloo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgFrogfan said:

1952 maybe?


You missed that clean baby blue brick nose in the background!
AgFrogfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?




AgFrogfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What the heck was this?!? GMC Hennessey Goliath?!? Whoa Momma…
AgFrogfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1st time I've seen this guy. BTHO Fire!
HollywoodBQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgFrogfan said:



Mercedes 190 SL.

That was my father's dream car from his time in the Army in Stuttgart, West Germany in the late 50s, early 60s.
HollywoodBQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgFrogfan said:

What the heck was this?!? GMC Hennessey Goliath?!? Whoa Momma…

Driving through Houston on I-10 last night, about the west side of 610, I saw a Hennessey Suburban. I'd love to know the specs on that.
AgFrogfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HollywoodBQ said:

AgFrogfan said:

What the heck was this?!? GMC Hennessey Goliath?!? Whoa Momma…


Driving through Houston on I-10 last night, about the west side of 610, I saw a Hennessey Suburban. I'd love to know the specs on that.

Well tickle me pink, I thought only ferries wore boots. Got my retired ArlingtonFD Burble up to 110mph on I-35W South of I-tasca today. This here Hennessey Suburban looks like it could do a mite further...

https://www.hennesseyperformance.com/vehicles/h600-chevrolet-suburban-upgrade/?srsltid=AfmBOopEOVHEBWhmlNPSsdXvqghSGBdp0blfQRELhTsRL_ymx-MDpSPY
HollywoodBQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgFrogfan said:

HollywoodBQ said:

AgFrogfan said:

What the heck was this?!? GMC Hennessey Goliath?!? Whoa Momma…


Driving through Houston on I-10 last night, about the west side of 610, I saw a Hennessey Suburban. I'd love to know the specs on that.

Well tickle me pink, I thought only ferries wore boots. Got my retired ArlingtonFD Burble up to 110mph on I-35W South of I-tasca today. This here Hennessey Suburban looks like it could do a mite further...

https://www.hennesseyperformance.com/vehicles/h600-chevrolet-suburban-upgrade/?srsltid=AfmBOopEOVHEBWhmlNPSsdXvqghSGBdp0blfQRELhTsRL_ymx-MDpSPY

Funny...

Back in May, I was driving my BMW 760Li heading back to Waco after seeing a comic (Jiaoying Summers) in Plano. On I-35E, around Italy, I was doing 100 mph and got passed by a dude in a beat looking Chevy Tahoe - white, peeling paint. The body roll was hilarious as he switched lanes.

Just to see how fast he was going, I got behind him at 136 mph (a new personal record, breaking my previous records of 212 kph on the A5 in an Audi A6, south of Frankfurt, or 132 mph in my 2002 BMW M3, between Baker, CA and Primm, NV on "The 15").

The dude in the Tahoe exited about two exits later, before Carl's Corner. Not sure if he had engine trouble or what.

So if some redneck could do that in an old beater Tahoe, I assume a 600 hp Hennessey Suburban would go pretty damn fast.

I recounted this story to my HS buddy who recently retired from the DPS and he let me know that I need to stop doing that because if the DPS catches you at that speed, you're going to jail. I've tried to keep the speed down since then.

Also related because it seems to me that there are always DPS Troopers on I-35W around Itasca. So... be careful out there.
Prune Tracy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HollywoodBQ said:

AgFrogfan said:



Mercedes 190 SL.

That was my father's dream car from his time in the Army in Stuttgart, West Germany in the late 50s, early 60s.

I was in Vail on Saturday and saw a black one being loaded or offloaded from a car hauler in front of some golf course neighborhood between Avon and Vail. I could also see the unmistakable front wheel of a Gen 1 Viper in front of the Mercedes. There was one other exotic on the bottom of the trailer that I couldn't make out passing at 70mph, but some rich guy was either packing his toys up for the winter or dropping them off for mountain driving to watch the leaves change.
HollywoodBQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Prune Tracy said:

HollywoodBQ said:

AgFrogfan said:




Mercedes 190 SL.

That was my father's dream car from his time in the Army in Stuttgart, West Germany in the late 50s, early 60s.

I was in Vail on Saturday and saw a black one being loaded or offloaded from a car hauler in front of some golf course neighborhood between Avon and Vail. I could also see the unmistakable front wheel of a Gen 1 Viper in front of the Mercedes. There was one other exotic on the bottom of the trailer that I couldn't make out passing at 70mph, but some rich guy was either packing his toys up for the winter or dropping them off for mountain driving to watch the leaves change.

Mid-2000s, there was a boutique used car business on Santa Monica Blvd in West Hollywood (right in the gayest section just west of La Cienega) that had a couple of 190 SLs for sale during the few years that I kept an eye on their inventory.

Back then, you could get a nice looking 190 SL for about $35,000. I kind of wanted to get one for my dad but, I was just drowning in debt with a $8,000/mo in house payments among other things.

Today, now that I could afford it, those cars are way up there in price and my father passed last year at age 88, so I've settled for a small die cast model that I picked up at the Mercedes museum in Stuttgart. After the football game last Saturday, I've decided that rather than cars, my money is better spent on getting some football tickets in the shade.

Take a look at these bids and sales on BAT
https://bringatrailer.com/mercedes-benz/190sl/
AgFrogfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HollywoodBQ said:

AgFrogfan said:

HollywoodBQ said:

AgFrogfan said:

What the heck was this?!? GMC Hennessey Goliath?!? Whoa Momma…


Driving through Houston on I-10 last night, about the west side of 610, I saw a Hennessey Suburban. I'd love to know the specs on that.

Well tickle me pink, I thought only ferries wore boots. Got my retired ArlingtonFD Burble up to 110mph on I-35W South of I-tasca today. This here Hennessey Suburban looks like it could do a mite further...

https://www.hennesseyperformance.com/vehicles/h600-chevrolet-suburban-upgrade/?srsltid=AfmBOopEOVHEBWhmlNPSsdXvqghSGBdp0blfQRELhTsRL_ymx-MDpSPY

Funny...

Back in May, I was driving my BMW 760Li heading back to Waco after seeing a comic (Jiaoying Summers) in Plano. On I-35E, around Italy, I was doing 100 mph and got passed by a dude in a beat looking Chevy Tahoe - white, peeling paint. The body roll was hilarious as he switched lanes.

Just to see how fast he was going, I got behind him at 136 mph (a new personal record, breaking my previous records of 212 kph on the A5 in an Audi A6, south of Frankfurt, or 132 mph in my 2002 BMW M3, between Baker, CA and Primm, NV on "The 15").

The dude in the Tahoe exited about two exits later, before Carl's Corner. Not sure if he had engine trouble or what.

So if some redneck could do that in an old beater Tahoe, I assume a 600 hp Hennessey Suburban would go pretty damn fast.

I recounted this story to my HS buddy who recently retired from the DPS and he let me know that I need to stop doing that because if the DPS catches you at that speed, you're going to jail. I've tried to keep the speed down since then.

Also related because it seems to me that there are always DPS Troopers on I-35W around Itasca. So... be careful out there.

Those are fantastic memories Hollywood!!! I completely agree with your summation. I'm just happy knowing that I can safely ease past 100mph on a stretch like SH-130 around Austin.

My ArlingtonFD Suburban is a factory SPV (3/4 ton, 6.0L, 2WD). From one mechanic to another, I was able to find an HP Tuning source that was able to restore it back to SPV settings. He maxed me out at 263mph on the computer but I can live with that.
; )

My ultimate goal would be to set a land speed record for the fastest 3/4 ton Fire Department Truck in North America. Hopefully that becomes a classification for Bonneville or Black Rock. A guy can dream can't he?

(My personal record was also 136mph in a 1998 Volkswagen Jetta GLX VR6 (5 spd.) on Hwy 287 in Mansfield from Broad to Sublett) Never again unless I'm on a closed straightaway.

I backed off because the tires were so loud that if one had popped I'd been a meat-wagon cadaver.

Also, I freaking love these two videos! (Volume Up!)

Hennessey Corvette:


Hennessey Camaro:


AgFrogfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hey fellow Oddballs, what year make or model is this wagon?

 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.