Question about totaled vehicle value

522 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by agracer
clarythedrill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My daughter wrecked her Jeep last night. She rear-ended a Ford pickup. The damage to her 2016 Jeep Wrangler is a mangled front bumper, bend grill, busted left headlight and blinker, bent hood, bent passenger side front fender and plastic parts associated with the fender, and the piece up near the windshield right above the fender which is a little square piece of metal.

She called USAA and they said they may total it, but will need to see the estimate first. My question is, if they total it, what value do they use to pay to the policy holder? The Jeep is paid off if that matters. The jeep is a two door Wrangler and the only option is a hard top.
ATL Aggie
AG
They will come up with a list of sales comps of similar vehicles, age, and milage to hone in on the replacement valve.
ATL Aggie
AG
I should have added that you can find "better" sales comps to try to negotiate for a higher value.
clarythedrill
ATL Aggie said:

I should have added that you can find "better" sales comps to try to negotiate for a higher value.
So the value that they will pay is based on replacement value of a similar Jeep of year and mileage? Thank you for this info, it will give us a good starting point.
ATL Aggie
AG
clarythedrill said:

So the value that they will pay is based on replacement value of a similar Jeep of year and mileage?

Yes.
dulak
AG
Recently had to deal with a totaled vehicle replacement value.

If they total it, take a good look at all the documentation they provide when presenting you with a replacement value.

From the start, they will assume that the condition of your vehicle is "average", but all the comparable vehicles are "dealer ready". This will be a big hit to your replacement value.

I was able to get our initial replacement value offer upped quite a bit after I provided them copies of maintenance records/receipts to show that it was well cared for.
agracer
AG
clarythedrill said:

ATL Aggie said:

So the value that they will pay is based on replacement value of a similar Jeep of year and mileage? Thank you for this info, it will give us a good starting point.
+ sales tax.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.