F-150 Rebuild Trans or sell

788 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by buddybee
KVB07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My 2013 F-150 no longer has a functioning transmission, and I'm weighing my options. I'm interested in learning about the possible trade-in value or whether to rebuild it, drive for another year, and then trade it in. Does anyone have experience or work for a dealership to share?
a07nathanb
AG
How many miles on the truck?
KVB07
AG
rancher1953
Sell it where as is, where is to an individual you will get more than a trade in. Putting money into transmission will be good if you are going to keep the truck for a long time. If you are going to keep it for a short time, you will never get the money back. As you put more miles and years, the value of the truck only goes down. You will start to have other issues also as parts start to wear. As for me, I drive a vehicle till the wheels fall off or a deal I cannot refuse comes along (that is not too often.). My ranch truck a 98 dodge 2500 has 465,000 miles still going strong. My wife's 2012 Sequoia has 200,000. Both vehicles have served us well and hopefully will do so for a few more years to come.
MTTANK
AG
KVB07 said:

My 2013 F-150 no longer has a functioning transmission, and I'm weighing my options. I'm interested in learning about the possible trade-in value or whether to rebuild it, drive for another year, and then trade it in. Does anyone have experience or work for a dealership to share?
If you end up not fixing it and want to sell, let me know. I'm sure I can give you more than they offer you in trade
buddybee
Im also interested in buying if you decide not to repair. Shoot me an email at elox05@yahoo.com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.