Buying a new truck…

4,952 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by Teslag
jakeaggie84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
big ben said:

TSW2012 said:

Step to a 2500 gas truck, skip the AFM and extra ***** You'll get used to the size.
Seriously considering this when it's time to replace my Silverado 1500

Really like the look of the GMC 2500 and the RAM2500

Gonna have to test drive them to see.
Logos Stick
Aggie Dad 26 said:

The Titan looks like someone who hates their life designed it

I thought Nissan was discontinuing it?
Teslag
AG
kyledr04 said:

Me too. Small difference in price for comparable trims but a big jump in capability and reliability.

And significant loss of comfort. I'm thinking about going back to a half ton.
Buck Turgidson
2024 is the last year of production. They are still on Nissan lots now though. They've been making them a long time and there are laws requiring them to continue producing replacement parts for several more years. Also, you get a 5 year, 100k mile bumper to bumper warranty. It should not be any more of a concern than if you bought the last year model of any other vehicle that was going to have a total redesign.
AggieFrog
AG
Ag for Life said:

Best Looking:

Sierra > F150 > Ram > Silverado > Tundra > Titan

Don't buy a Tundra unless you want to deal with having it at the dealer for month(s) replacing the long block once it fails at a random interval due to machining debris.

Tundras built after February 2023 are excluded from the recall. Love my '23 Tundra - it's better in every way than my '14 with the 5.7L.
Aggie Dad 26
Logos Stick said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

The Titan looks like someone who hates their life designed it

I thought Nissan was discontinuing it?

I did too but here we are
Aggie Dad 26
Buck Turgidson said:

2024 is the last year of production. They are still on Nissan lots now though. They've been making them a long time and there are laws requiring them to continue producing replacement parts for several more years. Also, you get a 5 year, 100k mile bumper to bumper warranty. It should not be any more of a concern than if you bought the last year model of any other vehicle that was going to have a total redesign.

Still wouldn't. I'd never get over the horrible look of that truck. Gen 1 Titan looked good
Ciboag96
I gotta '22 Ferd. Happy with it. No transmission issues thus far at 60,000+ Texas miles
big ben
AG
I'm not in the market yet so I haven't really searched, but do any of the manu offer interiors without the bigass screens?
kyledr04
AG
Teslag said:

kyledr04 said:

Me too. Small difference in price for comparable trims but a big jump in capability and reliability.

Yeah, lots of trade offs unfortunately. I also prefer the full size bed and those are virtually non-existent in the 1500. I'm not even sure an order for one would ever get allocated. If I was doing a 1500, I'd really have to think on a 3.0 diesel but even those have potential emissions issues.
kyledr04
AG
big ben said:

I'm not in the market yet so I haven't really searched, but do any of the manu offer interiors without the bigass screens?

I can't remember if they do on GMC but Chevy has a population 2500hd trim called a custom that doesn't have the updated screen. They left it the same as before the refresh.
Buck Turgidson
Well Ram was still building the "Ram Classic" until recently that had a pretty small screen. Very basic truck that supposedly had most of the bugs worked out of it. Take your pick of V8 or V6 engines. You can get a new one under $40k right now. Won't have all the extra bells & whistles most truck buyers seems to want.
AgLA06
AG
Teslag said:

kyledr04 said:

Not really in the RAMs.
Teslag
AG
Burning alive is pretty uncomfortable.
Buck Turgidson
Teslag said:

Says the Tesla fan?
AgLA06
AG
Buck Turgidson said:

Teslag said:

Says the Tesla fan?
Funny how he tries so hard to appear forward thinking in his tesla, but lives decades in the past.
Teslag
AG
Buck Turgidson said:

Teslag said:

Says the Tesla fan?

EV's catch fire at a rate lower than ICE vehicles per NTSB statistics. So ya, says the Tesla owner.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.