67' Firebird

2,347 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by SnowboardAg
Donaldson711
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a first gen Firebird that was my dad's. Original owner, one owner. Convertible. All original parts. Need to get an estimate to get it running and the interior restored. In DFW. Looking for recommendations

Edit** pics

big ben
AG
Sachse Rod Shop comes to mind but their prices are sky high, but they do excellent work
pablof
https://shortyscustompaint.com
Corps_Ag12
AG
These guys are restoring my buddy's Camaro and he seems happy with them.

https://streetmoddesigns.com/

Post pics! I own a '68 Firebird myself.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Rule 1
G Martin 87
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Rule 1
+1. Before and after, please. Bonus points for pics during the restoration process.
Donaldson711
AG
Apologies. Fairly new. Where are the Rules so that I can be sure to follow?
Aggietaco
AG
Rule 1 is just a colloquialism for "post pics".

No suggestions, but looking forward to following along if you'll share updates when you get started. Nice ride and great job keeping it around.
Milwaukees Best Light
Corps_Ag12
AG
I believe that is Nordic Blue, the original color of my car as well. The previous owner re-painted it with a Mopar "Spruce Green" color but the way they laid it down it doesn't look like that color either. One day I will re-paint it the original color. Here's mine as it sits.

Can't wait to see yours back in all it's glory!
87IE
AG
https://www.classiccollisionandrestoration.com/contact/

Owner posts here. It'll require a tow but he shoots straight and from what I've seen, does great work.
Diamond Dogs
S
The Riley brothers in Gainesville do great work.

https://redrivercustomsllc.com/about
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Any under the hood pics? Curious about which engine its got. Beautiful car!
HollywoodBQ
AG
Hood on the OP's car says 326
G Martin 87
AG
Definitely worth the money and effort to restore. That's going to be a great project and will no doubt be beautiful when you're done.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
ETA- I don't know enough about 1967 Firebird hood badges.

ETA 2- after educating myself, I see that it is the base 326cu v8. Would still enjoy engine pics!
IntensivePurposes
AG
Diamond Dogs said:

The Riley brothers in Gainesville do great work.

https://redrivercustomsllc.com/about
I live in Gainesville. Can confirm they have really nice stuff parked at their shop.
Donaldson711
AG
Beautiful car.

I'll take pics of the engine. Still original. Dad parked it in 98 one day and then never drove it again. It's sat with gas in the tank and I towed it to the storage unit about a year ago after he passed.

Just now getting to it. Not sure I want to restore it, I've got 3 in college and can't afford to keep paying storage unit for it. Looking to fix up and sell, or just sell outright as is. Fixing up car's aren't really my thing.

Welcome any thoughts on what you all would think and where to go about selling to get the best price.
Corps_Ag12
AG
If you can get it running and driving you'll get a better price, obviously. I think that'd be your best bet if you're just looking to get rid of it. Classic car restoration gets expensive quick.

That being said, you'd either have to get it towed to mechanic to find out or drop the tank at the storage lot and clean it out then see if it'll turn over, start, or run with fresh gas.
Donaldson711
AG
Thanks for the reply. Suspect having to get it running is what is going to be costly. Everything else is good. Body and all is fine. The restoration is really an engine breakdown. I suspect the seals are bad, carb needs to be rebuilt, radiator replaced and maybe even gas tank, and transmission rebuild. 25+ years is a long time to not be run.
Aggietaco
AG
Looking at BaT, these are only worth in the 30's max for prime running condition. If you don't want to keep and restore, I'd just post on marketplace and see what kind of offers you get with a $15k ask.

Doug probably has some real advice if he pokes in soon.
Aggiemike96
AG
This is EXACTLY in the wheelhouse of Derek from Vice Grip Garage. He loves the GMs from this era. Reach out to him?
mosdefn14
AG
Friend has an old barn find Cadillac getting the treatment at this place in Alvarado.

https://www.smittysclassicsandcars.com/
The Brazos Kid
Aggiemike96 said:

This is EXACTLY in the wheelhouse of Derek from Vice Grip Garage. He loves the GMs from this era. Reach out to him?

+1 for VGG
classicdoug
AG
Donaldson711, give me a call when you get a chance. 979-779-8399.

Doug
Schall 02
AG
You cannot sell this car.
sts7049
AG
definitely the kind of thing VGG would buy and drive home. it's almost too nice for him though

92_Ag
AG
I live in DFW and have been looking for a project to do with my oldest son (17). When I was a teen I helped my neighbor restore cars and worked on a firebird like this one (sans convertible top) in green. Was a great adventure and may be interested in talking to you if you still have it, want to part with it as-is, and can work out a reasonable price.

Let me know if interested.
SnowboardAg
AG
Beautiful car - only advice I have is to sleep on your decision with it. Can't speak for everyone, but I have a few regrets of cars I've parted ways with.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.