Want to change rims on new GX Premium Plus

1,340 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by BourbonAg
Txmoe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

We're about to replace wife's old GX for a new Premium+. Problem is she doesn't like the rims that come with that model. (She hates the silver and black combo; would rather have all black.) Lexus is proving to be a pain on this saying that different rims would require different tires so swapping them out would be $7-9K.

My question is what options do I have? I'd like to stay with a genuine Lexus wheel. They also said they could powder-coat the wheel to make it all black (for $3k). Is that a good idea? TIA
drumboy
AG
Txmoe said:

We're about to replace wife's old GX for a new Premium+. Problem is she doesn't like the rims that come with that model. (She hates the silver and black combo; would rather have all black.) Lexus is proving to be a pain on this saying that different rims would require different tires so swapping them out would be $7-9K.

My question is what options do I have? I'd like to stay with a genuine Lexus wheel. They also said they could powder-coat the wheel to make it all black (for $3k). Is that a good idea? TIA
Wife also doesn't the Premium wheels either so if we eventually get one I'll be scouring FB Marketplace for Luxury wheel, but they're also silver & black.

Older GX460s, Tacomas, and 4Runners have the same bolt pattern so I'd look at those wheels, especially the TRDs.

Edit: We had rims repaired with some type of plasti-dip years ago and after she kissed a few curbs they looked like shlt with the plastic peeling off. I'd avoid that.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
Ogre09
AG
Find someone to swap with?
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
4WHP or Discount Tire for some wheels and tires will cost you a fraction. Also, $3k for powder coating is straight highway robbery.
bam02
AG
Does she like what's on her current GX? Swap 'em if trading in.
Shane431
AG
You can get them powder coated for about $600. $3k is plain stupid.
Canyon99
AG
Find a reputable powder coating place on Facebook that is local to you. Can't imagine it would cost more than $500-600 for four wheels to be powder coated according to your desires.
ac04
$3k for powder coating, jesus christ. dealerships have absolutely no shame about ripping people off.
JBLHAG03
AG
My wife wouldn't even notice what the rims look like.

Agree on third party powder coating.
Silvy
AG
Powdercoating is good option, but black wheels aren't the way to go
vmiaptetr
AG
All black swangaz.
BourbonAg
AG
My wife just got a Luxury and she is swapping the wheels so we will have the factory take offs. We are in Midland though.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.