Rule 1

2,340 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by HalifaxAg
GAC06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And it's white

Effortlessly fast. Feels very solid, and very quiet. Going to take some time to get used to the screen and interface.
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
Don't drive it to Houston this week
GAC06
AG
Houston's pretty far down my list of places to visit in the best of times
TecRecAg
AG
What anti-gas license plate do you plan on getting?
GAC06
AG
The one that gets me free parking at the airport
CenterHillAg
AG
My C5 turned 757/67 flying Uncle has those "special" plates, he was completely against them until he realized the parking it gives him. Good looking car, the long range version might be in my future.
chap
AG
This the new 3?

Really thinking about getting one. Interested in your feedback.
GAC06
AG
It is. I was planning on getting the "long range" which is supposed to get 340 miles and 0-60 in 4.2. When I saw the "performance", I pulled the trigger pretty much immediately. 300 miles, 0-60 in 2.9. Took just under two months from order to pick up.

So far I absolutely love it. It makes my other car feel like a dinosaur. I still need to get used to the screen and the menus. I thought I'd hate not having a turn signal stalk or gear selector but it hasn't bothered me at all. The turn signal is "smart" and turns off on its own after you change lanes or turn.

It's really fast, it's really quiet, and it feels solid. Ride is better than I expected for a sporty car with big wheels and low profile tires. Already used the remote cooling feature to keep it at 72 while parked in the sun.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Rode in a model 3 to the airport yesterday. Felt like riding in a covered wagon. Suspension and ride was very uncomfortable.
GAC06
AG
Previous generation left a lot to be desired in that regard. I'm quite impressed with the ride, handling, and quiet on this one
drumboy
AG
Sweet!

If you're forced to drive to Houston there's no wait at the Superchargers from what I've seen.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
bam02
AG
I just got a Model Y a couple months ago. Loving it. Thought I'd miss driving my Tundra but every time I use the Tundra for something I definitely do not.
JAW3336
AG
GAC06 said:

What are you talking about? Maybe this is a joke I don't get. I own a model Y so I am genuinely curious. Thanks
Attack life, It's going to kill you anyway!
PMD03
AG
GAC06 said:

It is. I was planning on getting the "long range" which is supposed to get 340 miles and 0-60 in 4.2. When I saw the "performance", I pulled the trigger pretty much immediately. 300 miles, 0-60 in 2.9. Took just under two months from order to pick up.

So far I absolutely love it. It makes my other car feel like a dinosaur. I still need to get used to the screen and the menus. I thought I'd hate not having a turn signal stalk or gear selector but it hasn't bothered me at all. The turn signal is "smart" and turns off on its own after you change lanes or turn.

It's really fast, it's really quiet, and it feels solid. Ride is better than I expected for a sporty car with big wheels and low profile tires. Already used the remote cooling feature to keep it at 72 while parked in the sun.
I made the same choice. Allegedly, getting the same range as the long range is just a wheel swap away.
GAC06
AG
JAW3336 said:

GAC06 said:

What are you talking about? Maybe this is a joke I don't get. I own a model Y so I am genuinely curious. Thanks

Qualifying military medals get free parking at airports in Texas.
JAW3336
AG
GAC06 said:

JAW3336 said:

GAC06 said:

Qualifying military medals get free parking at airports in Texas.
Awesome, Thanks for the reply, and Thanks for your service.
Attack life, It's going to kill you anyway!
Matsui
CanyonAg77
AG
Not to distract from the OP (Congrats, even if I'm not a Tesla fanboy) but wife works for a DOE contractor with lots of former/retired military.

They recently sent out a memo reminding folks that "Disabled Veteran" plates do not allow the vehicle to park in "Handicapped" spots.

I realize this is different from the mentioned airport parking, just found it amusing.
GAC06
AG
DV plates get free airport parking as well I believe
HalifaxAg
AG
TecRecAg said:

What anti-gas license plate do you plan on getting?

BNS BNS
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.