2019 Expedition coolant leak

982 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
southernboy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well AB I got a wood of the pancake syrup as I got out of the vehicle. I thought surely not this crap again on the ole EB. Before I jump to in conclusions I'll wait for the mech diagnosis next Monday. I'm too disgusted to even look for the leak. If it turns out to be the damn turbo tube bs again I'm done with the EB.
southernboy1
AG
Whiff not wood.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Heater hoses?
Mookie
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Heater hoses?

That was my first suspicion too. As someone who has lived it with that gen Expy.
southernboy1
AG
I hope that's all it is. I'll find out Monday. Having gone through the turbo issues with my '12 F-150 it's just a bad feeling you don't want to be true.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
There are some guys that replace the aluminum crimp fittings with worm gear clamps or install clamps around the fittings to prevent them from splitting, and Murray makes replacement "y" fittings to replace the ford ones that crack easily.

Or be like this assclown….
southernboy1
AG
I'll take a look. Vehicle was already scheduled to go in for the radio antenna. It doesn't pick up AM. I was probably gonna have to use warranty anyway.
Redstone
AG
My stepfather has a 2001 he inherited from his father that has been in the shop several times, and my brother has a 2013 that has been in the shop proportional to the 12 year timeframe difference.
southernboy1
AG
I checked it out but can't find a leak. I don't see one from the passenger side turbo or the drivers. I like like that picture though. Looks like a PI. Polish ingenuity! lol but if it works do it.
southernboy1
AG
Sorry I checked the hose as well. Unless it's somewhere my hands can't fit.
MTTANK
AG
southernboy1 said:

I checked it out but can't find a leak. I don't see one from the passenger side turbo or the drivers. I like like that picture though. Looks like a PI. Polish ingenuity! lol but if it works do it.

Check under the coolant reservoir, where the hose connects.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Might get a hold of a blacklight flashlight off amazon. Coolant typically manufactured with fluorescent additives.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.