Toyota finally recalls their exploding Tundra V6 Turbos

5,482 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
PMD03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

YouBet said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

Pahdz said:

WildcatAg said:

Isn't this engine also used in the Lexus LS?

Believe so, or some version of it

Yup. They've had this in several applications. But Lexus sells less than 10K LS per year. Sales are dwindling as SUVs grow in popularity and it seems like the LS is languishing and ignored. The 01-06 seems to be the peak as far as quality and durability. The LS460 is my favorite but it's terrible as far as durability and quality. The Next Gen went to the turbo 6, and I think it alienates a lot of traditional luxury Q ship buyers that are lol for 8 cylinder power.
Which is interesting. I can't even remember the last time I saw an LS and that car used to be one of the luxury cars to own.

This is why I'm holding on tonight to my 65K mile LS430
Smart to wait until Monday. Not too many shoppers on a Sunday evening.
Garrelli 5000
AG
Aggie Class of 2026 said:

Not possible. This board told us Toyota trucks were Arnold Schwarzenegger/F150 Hybrids
It's like a degree from A&M. The older ones meant a lot. Today not so much.
Staff - take out the trash.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
PMD03 said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

YouBet said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

Pahdz said:

WildcatAg said:

Isn't this engine also used in the Lexus LS?

Believe so, or some version of it

Yup. They've had this in several applications. But Lexus sells less than 10K LS per year. Sales are dwindling as SUVs grow in popularity and it seems like the LS is languishing and ignored. The 01-06 seems to be the peak as far as quality and durability. The LS460 is my favorite but it's terrible as far as durability and quality. The Next Gen went to the turbo 6, and I think it alienates a lot of traditional luxury Q ship buyers that are lol for 8 cylinder power.
Which is interesting. I can't even remember the last time I saw an LS and that car used to be one of the luxury cars to own.

This is why I'm holding on tonight to my 65K mile LS430
Smart to wait until Monday. Not too many shoppers on a Sunday evening.

Freaking autocorrect
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.