Any Lexus TX owners?

2,105 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by StringerBell
evan_aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just curious if anyone took the leap and has feedback.

We are looking at TX or maybe Grand Highlander.

Kind of strange how the hybrid TX is sold as an F-sport only trim. I hated the bolstered seats.
BoDog
AG
Wife drives one. Just hit 5k miles. Solid car. Pretty much checks all the boxes for a family hauler. Roomy and comfortable but nothing spectacular.
evan_aggie
AG
BoDog said:

Wife drives one. Just hit 5k miles. Solid car. Pretty much checks all the boxes for a family hauler. Roomy and comfortable but nothing spectacular.

Thanks. My feeling was that the RX felt comfortable and more luxurious, but only 5 seats. TX felt like a glamped up Grand Highlander, which it is.

Only have 1 kid, so TX seems like overkill. But everyone says "just wait until she starts playing sports or you are hauling around friends".

SlackerAg
AG
I'm in the exact same boat: 1 kid, considering TX or Grand Highlander -- with 2nd row captains chairs. We're leaning more towards the GH hybrid for the 2025 model.
evan_aggie
AG
SlackerAg said:

I'm in the exact same boat: 1 kid, considering TX or Grand Highlander -- with 2nd row captains chairs. We're leaning more towards the GH hybrid for the 2025 model.

I need to test drive the GH. I drove the TX hybrid which automatically came in an annoying 500F trim that had overly bolstered seats. Plus it was a huge premium over standard engine.
BoDog
AG
Cant go wrong with an RX. I would also take a hard look at the Acura MDX. My sister bought one a few weeks ago and I am pretty impressed. Apparently they are also very aggressive at the moment with incentives, etc.
Dill-Ag13
AG
SlackerAg said:

With one kid why not go full suburban?
evan_aggie
AG
BoDog said:

Cant go wrong with an RX. I would also take a hard look at the Acura MDX. My sister bought one a few weeks ago and I am pretty impressed. Apparently they are also very aggressive at the moment with incentives, etc.

Waiting for the 2025 to drop. Changing display to touch. The existing 2024 has a palm rest and touch pad/knob that you use to navigate.

What's strange is: they are changing to touch display but left the screen in the same spot: extended kind of far to reach.

Evan
3rd Platoon
AG
Every time I see references to a Lexus TX, my mind goes to Alexis Texas.

I'll see myself out.
evan_aggie
AG
3rd Platoon said:

Every time I see references to a Lexus TX, my mind goes to Alexis Texas.

I'll see myself out.

rme
AG
BoDog said:

What does she think about the mouse pad in the MDX?
SlackerAg
AG
Dill-Ag13 said:

SlackerAg said:

With one kid why not go full suburban?
Good idea. The extra space can store cash saved by not having more kids, lol.
JP76
Can't speak on the lexus but have owned a grand highlander for 5 months and 10,000 miles. Made the move from a 4runner and really like it. Tons of space for everyone and averaging 21 in the city and 28 on the highway.
bevokilla
AG
We test drove one but luckily my wife said it felt too much like a minivan so we bought a GX
BoDog
AG
rme said:

BoDog said:

What does she think about the mouse pad in the MDX?
Says she isnt a fan but can "deal with it"
rme
AG
That is helpful. I haven't looked at the new MDX so I'm wondering how much the mouse is needed. My wife is on her second MDX (bought 2001 and 2014) and it drives great.
evan_aggie
AG
Touch screen coming in 2 months. That's why 24 MDX is discounted.
rme
AG
evan_aggie said:

Touch screen coming in 2 months. That's why 24 MDX is discounted.

That's good to know!
AG
Such a boring car. Don't know why anyone would chose it over a Grand Highlander or any of the other non-luxury branded mid size SUV's out there.
BoDog
AG
Well I guess we all have our reasons (and opinions)...
Pac1698
AG
We are looking at the GH hybrid max versus the Lexus TX. Wife is leaning towards the GH since she felt there wasn't enough in the TX (we test drove the luxury package) to justify the price gap. I actually preferred the ride quality in the Lexus, I definitely felt the difference, but it will be her vehicle.
StringerBell
AG
bought one in january (non hybrid premium). im a fan of the lexus quality over toyota (even tho they're hte same maybe im a snob) but happy to answer any quesitons.

didnt get the f sport hybrid becuase of cost and because ive heard the bolstered seats are weird.

it's big and drives like a boat but it's for sure an upgrade over my 07 gx (not saying much)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.