More things we won't get: Single Cab Ranger

3,814 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 20 days ago by Dill-Ag13
IntensivePurposes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Single Cab Ranger available with a manual trans, but not for you filthy, 84 month lease Americans.

- Ford, probably.

https://jalopnik.com/2024-ford-ranger-single-cab-a-glorious-return-to-form-1851226278
Flaith
AG
South Efrica-manufactured Ranger.

Different truck for a different market - gotta keep pumpin those Ferd Eff Onefiddy numbers in the USA!
MTTANK
AG
No long bed either, to my understanding
EMY92
AG
People complain about them not being available, then when they are, they don't buy them.

I see complaints on the Raptor forum that you can only get super crews, but no longer the super cabs. Super cab sales were in single percentage points.

The people complaining on this thread makes up about 30% of the total market for a single cab Ranger.
Texasclipper
AG
Fleets bought a ton of single cab rangers and S10s back in the day. I guess they all switched to single cab f-150s now so Ford is happy.
JB
AG
EMY92 said:

People complain about them not being available, then when they are, they don't buy them.

I see complaints on the Raptor forum that you can only get super crews, but no longer the super cabs. Super cab sales were in single percentage points.

The people complaining on this thread makes up about 30% of the total market for a single cab Ranger.
Preach.
MouthBQ98
AG
The problem is they offer them for sale but then shove a ton of "features" in them in packages that make them cost nearly as much as a bigger and more capable vehicle.
AgsMnn
AG
Texasclipper said:

Fleets bought a ton of single cab rangers and S10s back in the day. I guess they all switched to single cab f-150s now so Ford is happy.

I bet they went to the tacomas with the single cab.
Flaith
AG
RIP the little white trucks with the hat on

JB
AG
Reminds me of CS Napa girl calendars from the 2000s
Texasclipper
AG
AgsMnn said:

Texasclipper said:

I bet they went to the tacomas with the single cab.
Some did, but for utilities, school districts, and city governments you really don't see Tacoma's in their fleets. That's likely because of cost and the look of having a "foreign" vehicle in their fleets. Although, they seem to have no problem having Priuses in their fleets.

Plus I wonder if the cost of a Tacoma versus a stripped down F-150 short bed are that different.
Aggie71013
AG
A lot are now buying Ford Mavericks.
Texasclipper
AG
Aggie71013 said:

A lot are now buying Ford Mavericks.
You are starting to see those in fleets which isn't a surprise considering their bargain cost. I wonder how well they will hold up? Fleets are a good place to test that considering how those vehicles get treated.
WildcatAg
AG
I've seen two Mavericks around town with loaded ladder racks on the bed. At least they are easier to get the ladders/materials off than most other trucks.
BrazosDog02
AG
I can't think of any practical reason to have a single cab full size truck, much less a ranger. Might as well just complain about GM not making an El Camino. As stated, the market isn't there. I wish Ford would stop offering beds shorter than 6.5' or super duties with short beds, but we can't all get what we want when the market drives the production.
I have been driving full size single cab SWB trucks since June 2001. They fit
in my garage and the bed size is perfect for me. Also easy to whip in and out around town without extra length. We drive the SUV when hauling multiple people. Realize I'm in big time minority niche, glad Ford still makes them!
tk for tu juan
Ranger MS-RT, street truck with 3.0L diesel engine, for Europe

ccolley68
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

I can't think of any practical reason to have a single cab full size truck, much less a ranger. Might as well just complain about GM not making an El Camino. As stated, the market isn't there. I wish Ford would stop offering beds shorter than 6.5' or super duties with short beds, but we can't all get what we want when the market drives the production.

You being serious? For family man daily drivers or just in general see no practical use for single cab full size trucks? Single cab full size is perfect for construction fleet trucks. All our ranch work trucks are single cab long bed 3/4 ton trucks. My first truck was a single cab F150. Trucks in that configuration make great first cars for teens as they don't have the room to haul half their class around with them, a size decent enough a teen can get around town without banging it off everything, and a bed to throw their crap into and maybe steal a kiss every now and then.

I mean, I'm 40 with 3 kids, I'm not buying a single cab full size truck anytime soon, but I can definitely see the need for the configuration.
Earth Rider
AG
I have a single cab Tacoma, 2014 with 4x4. I can park anywhere. Its about like parking a lawn mower.

I'll never sell it, too useful for a utility truck. I also drive through wet fields with it out on our ranch, It would take a lot to stick this thing.

The small 4x4 regular cabs are great vehicles. I would go older Toyota though, but the new Rangers look nice.

My brother dated one of the CS NAPA girls in the late 90's. She was a nut job, not worth the hassle.
tk for tu juan
OE_Ag11
AG
It's all the dang chicken tax fault.

SteveA
AG
"We" wouldn't buy one anyway, which is probably why they won't sell them here.
Canyon99
IntensivePurposes said:

Single Cab Ranger available with a manual trans, but not for you filthy, 84 month lease Americans.

- Ford, probably.

https://jalopnik.com/2024-ford-ranger-single-cab-a-glorious-return-to-form-1851226278

Is this a nostalgia thing or what? I don't know a single person that would drive a Ranger much less a single cab version.
tk for tu juan
GMC RCSB 4x4 truck with V8
tk for tu juan
Tim Weaver
Its not a chicken tx problem anymore. Its the EPA mandated standards that are forcing it. In short, the larger the vehicle, the weaker the standards are and therefor easier to meet.

So what we get are gigantic four door family haulers with a vestigial bed on the back.
Dill-Ag13
AG
Which is so funny because in other countries (Norway) it's not just vehicular "foot print" but also engine size/horsepower and vehicle weight that are used to calculate vehicle tax. The CAFE standards are dumb in their current form. Not a fan of regulating consumer choice but it's making a bad thing even worse.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.