Weekend auto adventures

10,251 Views | 96 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by Naveronski
Jack Boyett
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1520 jd tractor died last weekend. Found the hot wire was loose at the key switch.

'87 Mercedes 300d got a new blower motor, wiper fluid leak fixed, new hood ornament.

'01 Chevy, oil change and door hinge bushing/pin replacement.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Washed and waxed the '67 Firebird today
Yesterday
AG
Replaced all four shocks on the F250. Billstein can kiss my white ass! Great shocks but why they don't put a nut on the spindle to keep it from spinning like any other intelligent manufacturer is beyond me. Even further there is nothing in the instructions that tells me I have to use a 6mm Allen wrench in the stem. I finally figured it out but not until after I rounded out the Allen wrench input with a 5.5 mm wrench. Had to use a couple of vice grips to keep it from spinning.

Anyhow, a simple 1 hour job turned into 6 after trying to figure out why the spindle is spinning and I couldn't tighten the stem nut and two Home Depot trips.
GrapevineAg
AG
Corps_Ag12 said:

Pics please!
Corps_Ag12
AG
GrapevineAg said:

Corps_Ag12 said:

Pics please!

https://imgur.com/a/jwM23Ry
GrapevineAg
AG
She's a beaut!
Corps_Ag12
AG
Thanks!!
MTTANK
AG
akaggie05
AG
Much the same story here. Suspension on the X5 was creaking and squeaking over every crack in the pavement so finally got around to installing the parts I had ordered back in October. New struts up front, springs/shocks in rear, sway bar links, and upper/lower control arms. Every rubber bushing and almost every ball joint was shot. Royal PITA job, just glad it's over and the ride is 1000% better.

1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Tahoe maintenance before spring break road trip…

The Brazos Kid
Just found this thread. Took pics out at Lone Star Throwdown in Conroe last weekend with my 100+ year old camera.

BenTheGoodAg
AG
Got my Powerboost badges swapped to red & black ones. Waiting on some tailgate decals for the F-150 stamp. I dig the overall subtle changes a lot. I considered a vinyl Tremor style red stripe for the middle trim piece on the grille, but I don't think I will go for it.

First oil change and installed a Fumoto. I wasn't really big on installing one on my old Ram since it felt very exposed, but this one is much more tucked in and doesn't feel like a liability. Excited to have one.

1agswitchin4lanes
AG
BenTheGoodAg said:

Got my Powerboost badges swapped to red & black ones. Waiting on some tailgate decals for the F-150 stamp. I dig the overall subtle changes a lot. I considered a vinyl Tremor style red stripe for the middle trim piece on the grille, but I don't think I will go for it.

First oil change and installed a Fumoto. I wasn't really big on installing one on my old Ram since it felt very exposed, but this one is much more tucked in and doesn't feel like a liability. Excited to have one.

Save a small lunch meat container for catching the motor oil when you change the filter too.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Good call. I like the catch pan for the filter, I just wish I could've figured out how to clean it so that it doesn't dribble a small bit of oil for a day or two.

Dodge put their filter right over the baffles on the steering linkage. That was always... special...
agracer
AG
Changed the oil on the Ram1500 for the first time.

What *$)#(+ IDIOT put the electronic steering rack right under the oil filter!!!!
MTTANK
AG
Pulled my 3rd brake light and cleaned it up. Threw in some high powered LED's and a new gasket. Old one was toast!

MTTANK
AG
Then performed the tow of shame today. My tow pig/trailer combo was a bit dicey but got it done. Transfer case needs to be replaced, and don't have the time to get it knocked out between work and spring break. Saved myself the cost of having it towed at least. Good friend owns a junkyard and a body shop and takes it pretty easy on me as well.

Furlock Bones
AG
what is all of this GM business?
Red Pear Felipe
Sponsor
AG
I changed the rear differential fluid on my son's 2002 Tacoma this past Sunday. It was easy to do. Simple drain and fill.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear RealtyAustin Monthly
TexAg1987
Swapped headers to fix a power steering clearance issue that I had. Included needing to modify the exhaust.

Swapped my radiator to help an overheating issue

Trying to get it ready for my youngest son's wedding.

(this pic is from my oldest son's wedding last year.)
Naveronski
AG
Relocated the 68lb battery off the cracked sheet metal fender to dead space behind the back seat, then welded the fender.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
I used my 3ton floor jack to lift and balance a bookshelf I made while mounting it to our wall. That's gotta count, right?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Furlock Bones said:

what is all of this GM business?

I know.

GF bought it before we met and now realizes we need a Burb (or expy Max) But we're in it now.
Silvy
AG
TexAg1987 said:

Dam diddy
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Front end-stravaganza. Upper control arms, unit bearings, CVs, sway bar ends. Y'all don't get too jealous of my "shop" now

mm98
AG
Changed the plugs on the TLX. 30 min job with one plug being tough to remove. Was surprised how few curse words I let out.
The Brazos Kid
Cleaned up 'Ol Bonnie Blue and took her round town. Thats my weekend adventure.
GrapevineAg
AG
Installed a Tekonsha brake controller in my '14 Titan in preparation for an RV trip to Big Bend / Davis Mountains later this month.
Mr. Dubi
Put a dash cam in the Santa Cruz. Well half way, stopped short of hardwiring. I had the hardwire kit run , but stopped short of doing the piggy back fuses. I ordered a OBD2 kit instead, I will look at that and then decide which to go with. Using a USB wire for now.
GrapevineAg
AG
Do you have a fan shroud? I'm sure you do, but thought I'd ask just in case. Made all the difference on our '66. Nice looking car!
TexAg1987
GrapevineAg said:

Do you have a fan shroud? I'm sure you do, but thought I'd ask just in case. Made all the difference on our '66. Nice looking car!

I did. I put in an electric fan on this one. It has its own shroud and fills up the radiator.
AggieRob93
AG
Hand washed my '08 Dodge Ram 2500 for the first time since 2019 I think. Have run it through the auto car wash a number of times since then, but it has been mostly sitting since 2019 with a few drives in her. Top of cab had a lot of buildup, almost like mildew, so tough try to get clean. Got a lot of it off, but will need another wash and then go over with clay bar then polish with orbital. I mean, it's the top of the truck, and no one really can see it, but I know about it, so that's enough to fret about it. Of course I should have done a better job of regularly keeping it clean. It's a vicious circle.
purplehayes
Doing spark plugs and coils on the wife's SC430. Plugs went fine, but now I get to spend a fun morning trying to extract a sheared bolt on one of the coil bolt holes. Neat.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Visited the Bass Pro Shops in Springfield MO.

erudite
Slave cyl on the Ranger died. Much fun was had dealing with that POS inside the bellhousing. Put a new one in, found out new one was defective. Pulled ****** again and put a new one it.

Broke several bolts due to age and had to jb wield an exaust pipe after I cut it.

I hate ford.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.