What's your next vehicle?

10,407 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Agsquatch
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The 40th Anniversary 4Runner thread prompted me on this. Bit of a pre-Rule 1 if you will.

Our next vehicle is going to be the 2024 Toyota 4Runner assuming it's getting made. If not, it will be a '23 used. Wanting an SUV that is reliable that we can take on Texas beaches and generally fart around the coast with.

Her current SUV is too nice (although it's beat to hell) and is becoming unreliable about 50K miles in. And she actually wants something a little more rugged. Basically, if she could get the monster truck in War of the Roses...she would. Ironically, I drive a 2 seater. I might need to be worried come to think of it....

If it gets the new console and this speculated hybrid engine it should work out well for her.
lawless89
Keeping my f250 for the long haul, so not sure on that one. For my wife, it'll be the Navigator. But her 2019 Expedition only has 30k miles, so it'll probably be a while before we make that jump. Plus we've got two toddlers and will wait for the fancy car when they're a little more responsible!
water turkey
We have a 24 Grand Highlander on order, not really because we wanted one but our 21 Highlander just got totaled.
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
It will be one of three vehicles....Expedition Timberline, Lexus TX AWD or Yukon AT4.

I need a 3rd row with a reasonable trunk when the 3rd row is up on one side.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Lexus LC

Meant thumbs up
TecRecAg
AG
Cadillac CT-5V is probably my next one
Guitarsoup
AG
Pretty happy with my fleet.

Next would be upgrade boat.
akaggie05
AG
BMW 540d
12th Man Ag
AG
lawless89 said:

Keeping my f250 for the long haul, so not sure on that one. For my wife, it'll be the Navigator. But her 2019 Expedition only has 30k miles, so it'll probably be a while before we make that jump. Plus we've got two toddlers and will wait for the fancy car when they're a little more responsible!

So, you won't be getting a new ride until they leave for college?
Corps_Ag12
AG
Wife gets the next vehicle, but she can't decide between a Lexus NX or RX, and has considered the TX. I tried to push the new GX, but now that it looks even more "off-roady" (her words), she is against it. Her 2015 IS250 only has 70k miles on it so it's not like we're in need of a new car.

I would like to get a ski boat or more likely upgrade the camper because three dogs in our micro lite gets old quickly.
Obi Wan Ginobili
YouBet said:

The 40th Anniversary 4Runner thread prompted me on this. Bit of a pre-Rule 1 if you will.

Our next vehicle is going to be the 2024 Toyota 4Runner assuming it's getting made. If not, it will be a '23 used. Wanting an SUV that is reliable that we can take on Texas beaches and generally fart around the coast with.

Her current SUV is too nice (although it's beat to hell) and is becoming unreliable about 50K miles in. And she actually wants something a little more rugged. Basically, if she could get the monster truck in War of the Roses...she would. Ironically, I drive a 2 seater. I might need to be worried come to think of it....

If it gets the new console and this speculated hybrid engine it should work out well for her.

What SUV is she driving that is unreliable at 50,000 miles and if she tears cars up so easily why would you get her another one??
JamesPShelley
Macan S
reproag
AG
Wife wants a Bronco or Palisade. I'll pass down my F150 get another when daughter starts driving (3 yrs). Luckily I have access to all 3 lol
Retired Principal
AG
Test drove a Genesis GV 80 the other day and loved it. We have been Toyota people forever, so hard to pull trigger on something different. We know we will get reliable and honest service at our local Toyota dealer, since we have been buying cars there for over 20 years. At the end of the day, I bet we end up with another 1794 Tundra or Grand Highlander.
Naveronski
AG
My wife loves her GX, but is hinting she wants the new style if they come out in a dark green.

I'll keep my Tacoma as long as possible, so I'm looking for a 3/4 ton tow vehicle.
Tim Weaver
Maybe a Lucid Air? Or buy another house and become financially secure..... I'm torn.
Furlock Bones
AG
Naveronski said:

My wife loves her GX, but is hinting she wants the new style if they come out in a dark green.

I'll keep my Tacoma as long as possible, so I'm looking for a 3/4 ton tow vehicle.
i'm trying to decide. my Jeep is built up for rock crawling to the point that its not that fun to daily. but, i also won't get the value out of it if i sell.

so, do i keep it and get a tow pig. sell it and get something that is a bit more do all daily/overland/mild offroader. keep it and get something just economical and comfortable to drive every day.

jmac98
AG
I'm done with my 2016 Honda Pilot and will be taking a hard look at the 2024 Lexus GX when it comes out. Might also kick the tires and look at a few other SUVs with a third row.

Small rant on my current vehicle: With the exception of three years with a Ford F-250, I've owned Honda's/Acura's my whole life, but I've been really disappointed in my Pilot. After the initial shiny new phase, I realize that it wasn't well built and fairly cheap. I've now had a bunch of issues with fuel injectors, struts, starter button, battery, etc. that I never had on any previous Honda/Acura vehicle.

If you don't know what you're doing, do it quickly.
agnerd
AG
Probably a 2038 model year truck. If anyone still makes one with a gas engine, I'll get that one.
Furlock Bones
AG
Honda isn't the same company they once were.
AG
Corps_Ag12 said:

Wife gets the next vehicle, but she can't decide between a Lexus NX or RX, and has considered the TX. I tried to push the new GX, but now that it looks even more "off-roady" (her words), she is against it. Her 2015 IS250 only has 70k miles on it so it's not like we're in need of a new car.

I would like to get a ski boat or more likely upgrade the camper because three dogs in our micro lite gets old quickly.
This post really made me realize how stupid Lexus' naming convention is.
BlueSmoke
jackson-kyle said:

Test drove a Genesis GV 80 the other day and loved it. We have been Toyota people forever, so hard to pull trigger on something different. We know we will get reliable and honest service at our local Toyota dealer, since we have been buying cars there for over 20 years. At the end of the day, I bet we end up with another 1794 Tundra or Grand Highlander.
Wife has a Palisade and has been eying the GV line for a while. I drive a truck, and if/when I get a more comfortable daily driver I'd really like to get a G70 with the 3.3
Nobody cares. Work Harder
AggieJames09
AG
I want the F150 Tremor
Naveronski
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Naveronski said:

i'm trying to decide. my Jeep is built up for rock crawling to the point that its not that fun to daily. but, i also won't get the value out of it if i sell.

so, do i keep it and get a tow pig. sell it and get something that is a bit more do all daily/overland/mild offroader. keep it and get something just economical and comfortable to drive every day.

Keep the jeep for rock donkey shenanigans.
Get tow vehicle… accept that tow vehicle will likely end up with small lift and creep toward that overlander style.
YouBet
AG
Obi Wan Ginobili said:

YouBet said:

What SUV is she driving that is unreliable at 50,000 miles and if she tears cars up so easily why would you get her another one??
2017 Cadillac XT5. Have had the A/C and radiator replaced as well as a variety of other issues. Extended warranty on this vehicle was a great investment.

I would get her another one because she needs a vehicle to drive? I can't just lock in her the house and chain her up in the kitchen making sandwiches all day. She needs to be able to get out of the house so she can go to the grocery store to get ingredients for those sandwiches.
YouBet
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Actually, will be doing this as well. This one intimidates me because potentially a lot to do here and I'm ignorant when it comes to boats.
TSJ
AG
Well we just got the new minivan, now I get the wife's GX to start reconditioning it.

The next purchase will hopefully be building a garage shop to maintain and tinker further. Material/build cost keep kicking the can further down the road.
The Fife
'70 F-100 conks out, no plan on replacing

'00 Celica, maybe a 2000s Miata, 3rd gen Supra, late '80s Pulsar NX, something interesting anyway.

'07 TSX, Civic SI because two kids means I need something with 4 doors
Guitarsoup
AG
YouBet said:

Guitarsoup said:

Actually, will be doing this as well. This one intimidates me because potentially a lot to do here and I'm ignorant when it comes to boats.

Yeah, I am into sailboats and the ones I want are 30-40 years old
bam02
AG
Currently drive a 2014 Tundra.

I don't like the new Tundra at all.

Will probably get something new or newer soon. Considering all of these:

-Used GX460

-New or used 4x4 Titan crew cab with 6.5' bed

-Used 4x4 Tundra double cab

-New or used 4x4 F150 with 2.7L (would definitely go this route if I could get a crew cab with the 6.5' bed and the 2.7L but I don't think I can)

-2024 Tacoma 4x4 with the crew cab and 6' bed
Flaith
AG
Wife's car is paid off end of this year. Kid starts Kindergarten in a year.

I need my current 2008 Jetta GLI to last another year, and I'll start looking around.

I really want a dad wagon, so I'm considering the following:

Audi A6 Allroad
Volvo S60 Recharge Polestar (bonus points if we do the Volvo Euro delivery program)

I'll probably also look at Stinger, G70, Jaguar XF Sportbrake, CT5-V, CT4-V BW, GS-F, Model S P90/100D all used of course
G Martin 87
AG
Probably another Miata. If Mazda really goes full electric, probably another NA.
Ol Jock 99
AG
The new VW Bus (IDBuzz I think?) for the wife. In yellow.

Outside of travel, she doesn't spend money. This is the first "I will have that" I can recall in a long, long time.
Guitarsoup
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

The new VW Bus (IDBuzz I think?) for the wife. In yellow.

Outside of travel, she doesn't spend money. This is the first "I will have that" I can recall in a long, long time.

Good should have room for more kids in it!
Ol Jock 99
AG
Get behind me Satan.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.