Johnny Bohmer drives his 2006 Ford GT "BADD GT" to 310.8 MPH World Record

2,172 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by tk for tu juan
BurnetAggie99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dec. 9, 2022, Johnny Bohmer, the owner and driver of the Gas Monkey Garage-sponsored 2006 Ford GT known as the "BADD GT," achieved a top speed of 310.8 mph (500.1 km/h) at Space Florida's Launch and Landing Facility, located in Kennedy Space Center, Florida, making this car the fastest street legal car in the world. Not only does the BADD GT operates on E-85 fuel but it is regularly seen driving around south Florida taking Bohmer's kids to school and running errands.

EMY92
AG
For the world record, wouldn't he need to run the track in the opposite direction as well?

Also, I wonder what those tires cost? On an episode of Top Gear when James May had a Veyron over 250 MPH, the tires were said to cost 20,000 pounds per set.
Tim Weaver
Just reminds me how much I can't stand Richard Rawlings.

The guy, Aaron, who actually did all the work is pretty cool. He just doesn't have enough Broseph in him to be on TV.

Awesome that they did this in a street driven car though. Remarkable acheivement.
HollywoodBQ
AG
This has to be a record, 3 Midway guys in a row on one thread.

Seriously though, that guy outran the Shanghai Maglev train which tops out at 431 kmh.
fooz
Tim Weaver said:

Just reminds me how much I can't stand Richard Rawlings.
aggieforester05
AG
Andy Wallace (Test Driver for Bugatti) hit 490 KPH (304 mph) in a long tail Chiron with the speed limiter removed. Claimed to have done 1,000 KM over 400 KPH in one week during testing.
Whoop Delecto
AG
tk for tu juan
They needed the runway from F&F 6 to reach the actual top speed with room to spare for braking
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.