Dealership Help - GMC Yukon XL

2,893 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by falconace
TxLawDawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For all of you dealership gurus out there, please help me out. I'm in the market for a new or slightly used GMC Yukon XL. Needs to be 4x4 and have the 6.2L. That mostly limits me to the Denali, although the 6.2L is optional on the AT4.

My questions:

1. Is there a website where most dealers post their inventory and keep it current? e.g. cars.com, autotrader, etc.? It's a real pain to try to look at individual dealer websites.

2. Is there a way to search by engine? I do not see that option on Cars.com or autotrader, but man that would make things easy.

There may not be an easy way to do this, but I'm hoping someone out there knows something I don't.
TxLawDawg
AG
Oh, and looking to buy this weekend if I can find what I'm looking for.
TxLawDawg
AG
Would also consider a Chevrolet Suburban but it seems like almost all of them have the 5.3L, and with no way to search by engine size it has been way too much of a pain in the ass to click through hundreds of Suburbans when 95% have the 5.3L.
SquanchyAg
TxLawDawg said:

Would also consider a Chevrolet Suburban but it seems like almost all of them have the 5.3L, and with no way to search by engine size it has been way too much of a pain in the ass to click through hundreds of Suburbans when 95% have the 5.3L.

Not sure how to do that, but call Cody Hill at Wiesner GMC in Huntsville. If you want to check with a dealer for their lot instead.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I have shared your frustration. You could call classic chevy in Sugarland and they probably won't have what you want, but will call and email you daily until you explain to them very clearly that you are not interested in a 5.3 truck (and in my case, not black or white, either). Can't blame them, it's their job. Sorry i know that's not helpful
May expand your search to include escalade esv as well?
Roger350
AG
When cars.com is working, there are advanced search options that allow you to pick certain things like trims, colors, 4x4, and there is a word search blank you can type 6.2 in. It seems spotty, but when it works it does a pretty good job.
aggiecody06
What area are you in that would be beneficial but like others said you can filter it on cars.com as I'm currently in market for Yukon AT4 as well
woodyhayes
Donalson Motors GM in Silsbee, Tx.
TxLawDawg
AG
I've tried searching 6.2 and 6.2L and haven't had any luck. I don't know what the search picks up but it's not the engine size.

I'm between Houston and San Antonio but searching statewide.
Roger350
AG
I would see how the 6.2 is described on one of the adds you come across and replicate that as the search term. You can also use the GMC Build&Price and have it search for similar vehicles, it may even have a way to filter the results by the 6.2L.
TxLawDawg
AG
So I was wrong above. I had tried searching for 6.2L on auto trader and it didn't work. Just tried on cars.com and it did. I got a few results that I'll follow up on.

I also searched on GMC and Chevrolet's websites. You can search new dealer inventory and can even search directly by engine size which is nice. But their results differed widely from new car searches on cars.com and dealer websites, so I didn't put much faith in the accuracy.
drewser95
AG
On the CarGurus app & website, there is an actual checkbox to specify the 6.2L for both Suburban & Yukon XL.

I haven't used it since I was looking to buy a 4Runner in 2015, but I found it to be pretty accurate at the time (I was looking for one that specifically had a tan interior).

Good luck!
kyledr04
AG
If you're looking for a new one, use the inventory search on the gmc website. You can select the engine. I've been looking for nonXL with a diesel. Inventory for everything is minimal. Good luck.
TXAG9
AG
You can also build the vehicle you want on GMC's website and then at the end view local inventory. It will provide the vehicles closest to your match and then you can start calling dealers.

I called over 30 dealers to find my AT4 but I bought it within 4 days of searching at MSRP.

There are also groups on facebook specifically for the AT4 that several dealers post new vehicles they've received and are not already sold.
FightinTAC08
AG
cargurus for used. you can check engine size as drewser said. has worked very well on fords, sure its the same for GMC.
DDub74
https://www.brazeltonauto.com/vehicle-details/used-2023-gmc-yukon-xl-denali-power-boards-pano-roof-rear-entertainment-adaptive-cruise-houston-tx-id-49882588

Brazelton usually has several slightly used ones on inventory but they go fast. He also just got another white one (Not sure if XL) and it has the diesel Duramax engine (which I didn't know even was an option on them).

Ask for Bill.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
95k for a 2x4!!!
Ag for Life
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

95k for a 2x4!!!

That's some expensive wood!
RGRAg1/75
AG

95k for a 2x4!!!

Used 2x4 at that. Wth?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Used 54 miles, i.e. they sold it to themselves at msrp/invoice or whatever and are flipping the "used" car at a gougey price to try not to get in trouble with gm
TxLawDawg
AG
Update for those who care. I found the unicorn I was looking for out of state. Flew out this morning to pick it up and am at the dealership now. I'll follow up with Rule 1 later.
RGRAg1/75
AG

Used 54 miles, i.e. they sold it to themselves at msrp/invoice or whatever and are flipping the "used" car at a gougey price to try not to get in trouble with gm

Ah. Didn't realize people were paying over $10-15k over msrp.
aggiepaintrain
AG
RGRAg1/75 said:

Ah. Didn't realize people were paying over $10-15k over msrp.

only DA's allergic to money are
TxLawDawg
AG
2022 GMC Yukon XL AT4 w/ 6.2L

TxLawDawg
AG
Well crap, wrong emoji. Meant to touch the thumbs up .
aggiecody06
Awesome looking vehicle, ready to get my Yukon still deciding between 5.3 and 6.2 though. Lifter issues on 6.2 scare me
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Sharp!
kyledr04
AG
aggiecody06 said:

Awesome looking vehicle, ready to get my Yukon still deciding between 5.3 and 6.2 though. Lifter issues on 6.2 scare me

That's why I want a diesel
aggiecody06
Yea they are damn near impossible to find and I want AT4. 3.0 isn't option in AT4 have to get SLT or Denali for diesel.
kyledr04
AG
aggiecody06 said:

Yea they are damn near impossible to find and I want AT4. 3.0 isn't option in AT4 have to get SLT or Denali for diesel.

Yep. I like the exterior of the AT4 but prefer not to have black interior so a SLT or Denali works. But from what I've heard you may never get the diesel even if you try to order it.
falconace
I found a diesel non xl via the gmc website after 3-4 days of searching. Probably called close to 40 dealerships. Most were either already spoken for or they wanted $4k-$20k over sticker. Had one say $15k over sticker, plus required a trade in and financing.

The one I ended up finding was on a train and arrives at the dealership next week. I hop on a plane the week after Christmas to pick it up.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.