2022 F-250 Lead Times?

7,815 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by agcrock2005
agcrock2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any updates on when chips will be coming in and production can get back to new "normal"?

EDIT: Just saw this on another thread. I'm never going to see my truck. Bet it gets canceled.
Russia could hit U.S. chip industry, White House warns
AgTDub
AgTDub
AG
I don't understand how they determine the period from order confirmation to scheduled for production? Reading through some of the other boards it seems like that could be anywhere from a month to 6-7 months….

Also, one of the ford truck boards, don't remember which, said something about ford building '22MY super duties until Sept/Oct. Might have just been wishful thinking.
SquanchyAg
HarleySpoon said:

I have a 2021, diesel 4WD I'm about to sell. I've owned it about a year and it has 17,000 miles . It's an XL with a full, front Ranchhand (have original bumper if wanted) , bedliner and a B&W gooseneck hitch. Paid sticker….would like to get close to that. Not a nick on it.
you want to get close to sticker price for a truck that has 17k miles?
agcrock2005
AG
SquanchyAg said:

HarleySpoon said:

I have a 2021, diesel 4WD I'm about to sell. I've owned it about a year and it has 17,000 miles . It's an XL with a full, front Ranchhand (have original bumper if wanted) , bedliner and a B&W gooseneck hitch. Paid sticker….would like to get close to that. Not a nick on it.
Why not? He can probably get more than sticker.
Yesterday
AG
SquanchyAg said:

HarleySpoon said:

$1800+ install on the grill, $800 plus install on the goose ball, Bedliner is $500. $3100 in extras. Haven't looked at XL prices but if it's like lariats or King Ranches he's giving a bargain.
SquanchyAg
Yesterday said:

SquanchyAg said:

HarleySpoon said:

$1800+ install on the grill, $800 plus install on the goose ball, Bedliner is $500. $3100 in extras. Haven't looked at XL prices but if it's like lariats or King Ranches he's giving a bargain.

Interesting. Good to know. Market is crazy.
HarleySpoon
AG
SquanchyAg said:

HarleySpoon said:

Took it to Carmax and they offered $59,000. Wound up selling it to local Ford dealer for $61,000…..which was right at $2,000 over what I had into it with the ranchhand etc. so I put 17,000 Mike's on it and made $2,000. Offered it first on Texags at $61,000 and had no one look at it.
agcrock2005
AG
Crazy world we're in right now. Currently I could sell my 19 F-250 diesel Lariat with 52K miles on it for about 5K more than I paid for it. Doesn't make sense. That's why I ordered a 22 because I figured the used market would stay stupid for as long as it takes to build the 22. We will see I guess...
HarleySpoon
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Crazy world we're in right now. Currently I could sell my 19 F-250 diesel Lariat with 52K miles on it for about 5K more than I paid for it. Doesn't make sense. That's why I ordered a 22 because I figured the used market would stay stupid for as long as it takes to build the 22. We will see I guess...
Exactly. I have a '22 350 super duty Lariat on order. Trading my '17 F-350 super duty Lariat with 82,000 miles in on it and will get just under what I paid new. Local, small town dealer "only" charging me list on the new one. Usually keep the trucks for 10 years around 175,000 miles. But I just can't pass up the opportunity to upgrade five years and 82,000 miles for about $10,000.
AgEng06
AG
Any update on times from build to delivery? A buddy has a build date the week of April 18, 2022 and he was curious what delivery time might look like.
agcrock2005
AG
I ordered mine on 2/1/22 and I just reached out to my sales guy (I text him every couple weeks just to see if I got a VIN) and he said still unscheduled and no VIN and to give it a couple more months most likely before it gets VIN. Glad I like my current truck! Would suck to actually need a vehicle in these times.
AgTDub
AG
It's so weird and seemingly random. I placed my order 2/15 and got a VIN and scheduled production date of 5/2 on 3/17.

We'll see if that date holds but I've heard a million stories about people waiting 6-8 months or longer just to be scheduled. Makes no sense.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Depends on options selected and commodity availability.

If you don't select certain things you can get it in 8 weeks. I had mine sold before it even arrived.

Now if I can just get the damn broncos.
agcrock2005
AG
agcrock2005 said:

I ordered mine on 2/1/22 and I just reached out to my sales guy (I text him every couple weeks just to see if I got a VIN) and he said still unscheduled and no VIN and to give it a couple more months most likely before it gets VIN. Glad I like my current truck! Would suck to actually need a vehicle in these times.
Still no VIN for me.
agcrock2005
AG
Paging reproag! Do you know if they're building any King Ranch or Platinums right now? Seems the only people getting any of these trucks are Lariat and below. I still don't have a VIN from ordering 2/1/22. Crazy world...
agcrock2005
AG
Have seen several King Ranch and Platinums being delivered now online. Talked to my dealer and he said he's seeing them show up now too. I ordered 2/1/22 and still don't have a VIN or production date for reference. Crazy times.
AgTDub
AG
That's nuts, I ordered 2/15 from reproag and have been driving my truck for 2 months now. Granted it's a lariat, but still.
agcrock2005
AG
AgTDub said:

That's nuts, I ordered 2/15 from reproag and have been driving my truck for 2 months now. Granted it's a lariat, but still.
I know. Has been crazy. Reproag would know better than me, but I've heard massage seats and moonroof have been two of the biggest hold ups. Congrats on your truck! Can't wait to get mine.
CRE_Papi
I ordered back in December from a large dealer and they just told me my truck will end up being a 2023. Not sure if that's actually true - I just want my damn truck
agcrock2005
AG
Reproag would know better, but I don't think getting a 2023 is a thing anymore. Think they were able to work all the orders into the schedule. Order bank doesn't even open up for 23's for a few more months I believe.
agcrock2005
AG
Only took 7.5 months to tell me to wait longer.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.