2015 F150 - Slow to start, now shudders and dies

1,534 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by tlh3842
tlh3842
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We have a 2015 F150 (ecoboost with just over 60k miles) that started giving issues yesterday. Truck took awhile to finally start yesterday evening, this morning, and then this afternoon. On the afternoon trip, about 30min after started it just sputtered and died almost like it was running out of gas. Thankfully wife coasted a few house down to ours. Now it tries several times to start and when it does it sputters for a second and then dies.

I saw the fuel relay thread from a couple days ago, but noticed that was for a 2010. I did try swapping both the fuse and relay for the fuel pump, but no luck. Look like there is now check engine light (not sure if it was previously on since wife was driving). Going to check with scanner soon.

Any thoughts?
Mookie
AG
Alternator?
Wildmen03
AG
I had similar issues, mine ended up being a mass airflow sensor going bad.
Complaint Investigator
AG
When mind did exactly that was the throttle body. Tried cleaning and didn't work. Replaced and was good as new.
tlh3842
AG
So it ended up with codes P0087, P00C6, and P0627 which are all fuel related. After some online researching I'm thinking it may be (hopefully is) fuel pump control module. Otherwise seems like it's likely the fuel pump, which geez I would hope isn't going out on a six year old truck.

Seems this module was an issue on earlier F150s and some other Ford models, so hopefully it's this as it's not too bad (under $100).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.