Going Live! 10's or Bust

1,745 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Silvy
Silvy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Heading out to Houston Raceway park and hoping to break into the 10's.

Planning to do a 150 shot on same timing as my 11.12 @ 122 MPH for a baseline and then on next pass bump in another degree of timing.

If still no 10, 175 shot jets are going in for the next pass.
jefe95
aggieforester05
AG
Might as well make it a nice round 200!
26 Power
AG
Good luck!
Tim Weaver
kmac30
Silvy
AG
I may or may not have jetting up to a 400 shot on hand
Pahdz
In for the explosions

(Just kidding)
lotsofhp
AG
Hope you secured your floor board
Silvy
AG
I'm in the right lane. First pass wasn't as quick as I was hoping for and terrible on tree, but MPH is still there. In staging lanes again with another degree of timing in. Planning to actually go on the 3rd yellow this time lol

tailgatetimer10
AG
Try getting off the line better, and leaving earlier. Also, stop granny shifting and start double clutching like you should.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Thanks for sharing that. Lots of interesting detail in there.
lotsofhp
AG
How did the rest of the night go? Did you get into the 10's?
Silvy
AG
2nd pass was the 150 shot pulling 6 degrees of timing. Not sure what happened here other than an issue with the tree. I had both staging bulbs lit, but when mine started to drop, it stopped at the 1st yellow. I sat around for a second and eventually said **** it.

aggieforester05
AG
122 is moving for a truck, that's telling you more than the ET which is effected by other variables.
Silvy
AG
3rd pass was 175 shot pulling 8 degrees of timing. While in the staging lanes, my battery lost just enough juice to kick the engine over. I found this out when the line started moving a was able to have a track personnel bring a jump box over...I need to get one of these myself.

Since I was fearful of having the truck not start again, I left it running. I think I was idling for about 30 minutes prior to my pass which certainly did no favors and may have played a large role in why I went slower and had same MPH as on a 150 shot.

To top it off, the jackass in the right lane had double bulbed me at least by the time I was rolling out of my burnout. Being he double bulbed me, I knew my time to get ready was limited, but I didn't know how much time I had. While in the staging lanes, I had let my bottle get too hot and had to purge off about 150 PSI.

While trying to get staged up and purging like a maniac, I wasn't able to get my laptop synced up with the nitrous controller to see right where the nitrous pressure was sitting.

I get the 2nd bulb lit and then wait for tree to start dropping, when the starter pulled a quick one on me and did a pro tree rather than a sportsman tree. I saw the 1st yellow light and realized the other 2 yellows had lit as well "o **** punch it"

It at least felt good to give that double bulbing sum***** the G A P.

Silvy
AG
I had a couple differences in my setup last night vs the prior outing. My spark plug gap and the bottle gauge/how I read the bottle pressure.

The plug gap before was a .03 and I closed it down to a .026. The truck seems to drive on the street better, so I plan to keep it like this for the time being. Maybe I'll gap another set to .03 and bring them to the track with me next time.

My previous bottle gauge had developed a slow nitrous leak so it got replaced with a liquid filled gauge. When I picked the bottle up from being filled, I noticed the rubber plug containing the liquid had popped out. Not too big of a deal, it should still read pressure properly but needle just won't work as smoothly.

When I was prepping at home, I had noticed the paper or plastic gauge face had deformed presumably from the lack of liquid. When warming up the bottle to compare the bottle pressure to the nitrous controller's pressure sending unit, it was a difference of 150 PSI. I flicked the gauge on the bottle, watched it jump, and appear to get stuck on the face. Needless to say that I lost my faith in the worthiness of the gauge.

Fast forward to racing, I was relying solely upon the sending unit rather than the bottle gauge like I had in my last outings. On my last pass when purging like a maniac, I noticed the nitrous wasn't hitting as hard as it did with the old gauge reading 1000 PSI. When I went back to check the log, the sending unit did indeed see right around 1000 PSI at the start of the pass.

TLDR; I think my bottle pressure in all my passes of the night were lower than previous outings and didn't let me meet my goals for the evening.

I need to run this bottle empty and get another gauge for it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.