Telluride

2,124 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by dubi
Colt98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife's been trying to buy a white ex for over a month now. Has anyone here bought one lately? Every dealership wants to tact on $6K over msrp... wth. Who buys a Kia over msrp?
ktownag08
AG
Not sure where you are located, but Fort Bend Kia southwest of Houston does MSRP and will apply incentives too I believe. Not aware of any others that do around this area. I think Huffiness in DFW does as well.

Made an inquiry for one at Westside Kia Katy over the weekend, and they wanted 57.5 for an SX that is listed for 10k less on Kia website. I politely told the sales "manager" it's not a 57k car, and he replied back bragging how they sold some at >60k. I simply congratulated him, and said not for me, thanks.

Rice and Fries
Colt98 said:

Wife's been trying to buy a white ex for over a month now. Has anyone here bought one lately? Every dealership wants to tact on $6K over msrp... wth. Who buys a Kia over msrp?

If it's not you paying, it's someone else. I've basically likened it to a poor persons Land Rover since they look sorta similar. Definitely wouldn't buy over MSRP
The Fife
One is a Telluride, the other a MV-1 mobility van. The biggest visual difference is the ramp

Colt98
AG
I get it. Never thought she'd be looking at a Kia. She drives a qx60 now. With her business and the small town we live in she does not want to drive anything more luxury(said it will look bad). We drove the Kia and the upper trim packages were pretty darn nice. And I actually liked the way it drove. Infinity hasn't changed Anything on the qx60 In the 6 years since we bought her last one. I don't want her to get a Mazda. And she is against ford(had a bad experience with an explore years ago). Highlander feels cramped.
Dill-Ag13
AG
Will your park your McMansion vehicle outside your McMansion?
reproag
AG
Colt98 said:

I get it. Never thought she'd be looking at a Kia. She drives a qx60 now. With her business and the small town we live in she does not want to drive anything more luxury(said it will look bad). We drove the Kia and the upper trim packages were pretty darn nice. And I actually liked the way it drove. Infinity hasn't changed Anything on the qx60 In the 6 years since we bought her last one. I don't want her to get a Mazda. And she is against ford(had a bad experience with an explore years ago). Highlander feels cramped.
Palisade, but I'm biased
schmendeler
AG
The Fife said:

One is a Telluride, the other a MV-1 mobility van. The biggest visual difference is the ramp

you can do this for literally any SUV
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
reproag said:

Colt98 said:

Palisade, but I'm biased
I cant get past that silly shifter.
reproag
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

reproag said:

Colt98 said:

Palisade, but I'm biased
I cant get past that silly shifter.
I've gotten used to it, like the turn shifter in the explorer and expedition. One thing most customer comment on is the open feel of the front seats. Amazing how removing the center console shifter makes that big of a difference to some.
0708aggie
AG
We bought one at MSRP two months ago. Moss, Dune SX Prestige Nightfall edition. It took about a week to find it and we drove to Kentucky. They can be had if you do your research. There is a place to look at what each dealer is getting in.

Looks like Hurst/Tyler is getting one in soon.

https://www.kia.com/us/services/en/windowsticker/load/5XYP3DHC9MG118673

https://www.kia.com/us/services/en/windowsticker/load/5XYP3DHC2MG118627
dubi
AG
Any chance she can be more flexible on color?
'03ag
In DFW Moritz isn't marking them up. My brother and another friend have bought Tellurides from them.

Both are very happy
AgGrad99
AG

Quote:

Will your park your McMansion vehicle outside your McMansion?
A Kia is a McMansion vehicle?

Dill-Ag13
AG
What vehicle more perfectly signifies a family loaded to the gills in debt on a 84-month loan than a $50k Telluride + a $5k markup because they couldn't wait 6 months?
dodger02
AG
I've heard this and have reached out to them. I understand they have 75 coming into their dealerships this month and just about every one of them is already sold (particularly the higher trim levels).

I'm looking at the SX AWD.
'03ag
dodger02 said:

I've heard this and have reached out to them. I understand they have 75 coming into their dealerships this month and just about every one of them is already sold (particularly the higher trim levels).

I'm looking at the SX AWD.
That's the paradox. Dealers that mark them up have them sitting on the lot. Dealers that don't sell them before they get there.

I'm honestly surprised the supply issue has persisted this long. But there's a resonance for it. It's a good car and a damn good value.
GentrysMillTX10
AG
Bought ours at MSRP at Moritz Alliance last September
AgGrad99
AG
Dill-Ag13 said:

What vehicle more perfectly signifies a family loaded to the gills in debt on a 84-month loan than a $50k Telluride + a $5k markup because they couldn't wait 6 months?
True, but that could apply to pretty much any vehicle. And the OP specifically said they've been looking for over a month because they weren't going to buy over MSRP...so Im not sure that characterization applies here. That's what confused me.

I usually picture the McMansion crowd, over-extending their budget, to get into an entry-level model of a luxury brand...just to say they own the brand name.
Colt98
AG
I guess you can call my house a McMansion. No debt to go with it... We could buy what ever we want. I have a frugal wife.. I enjoy listening to her talk to sales men when they give her the song and dance with the mark up. She just laughs and tells them to call her back when they want to sell one. She can wait. I wish she wasn't dead set on white with no black interior. I may start looking out of state I guess.
ktownag08
AG
McMansion crowd is driving them a Mercedes (35k A-class) on 84 month loan, but it's a Mercedes.

1agswitchin4lanes
AG
I never thought I'd see the day where people would pay MSRP for a Kia....
Colt98
AG
Yea. I don't want to even pay msrp... that's a new one for me.
0708aggie
AG
no black interior (Glacier white and gray)

https://www.kia.com/us/services/en/windowsticker/load/5XYP3DHC1MG118490
dubi
AG
Dill-Ag13 said:

POTD
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.