Selling my 99 Ws6.....advice needed

1,754 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by aggieforester05
TefIon Don
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm selling my M6 99 WS6 with 143k miles. Have it listed right now on Facebook marketplace (I know, fb sucks but it does alright when you need to sell something). Asking 8.5k. What legal steps do I need to take to make this thing go smooth as possible? Rule number 1 compliance below.

Car is in Katy. I've owned it since 2003.

Mods:
*Engine internals are stock*
*T56 transmission is stock except clutch*

Intake/Engine/Drive train:
Fast Toys Ram Air
SLP cold air
Ported throttle body
LS6 intake
EGR delete
Underdrive pulley
Poly motor mounts
Poly trans mount
Monster stage 2 clutch with Tick adj master cyl (installed 2016, less than 200 miles on it)
Walbro 255 lph fuel pump (installed 2019)

Exhaust:
Jet hot LTs (Coated, but have rust on them so need to be replaced)
Hooker ORY (Rear o2s deleted with HP Tuner)
Magnaflow catback exhaust
3" cutout with electric cutout

Suspension
Koni STR.T dampers
Strano Performance SP141 Springs (installed 2018)

Wheels:
18x9.5 / 18x10.5 Gloss black C7Z06 replicas
Nitto 555 / 555R tires

Other:
Brand new AC system, dash pad, rear main seal, passed inspection 5/20, rear bumper just repainted to add CETA black

Imperfections:
Paint chipping lower middle front bumper
Passenger side skirt starting to flare away from the body (only about 5 inches at the front)
No radio (just needs new head unit)

TitanAGGIE09
AG
I'd post some more photos, few more details plus location and you might just sell it on here. You can post pics directly from your phone now.
TxSquarebody
Trade you an 83 square!
Floor it until you see God
Goat Man
AG
Nice looking f-body. I agree if you post more info here someone might take that off your hands.
Pepper Brooks
AG
I lusted over this car in high school
Prune Tracy
FTAco07
AG
Gangster Octopus said:

Post more info and pics. Someone here will buy that thing. Hell, I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to convince my wife that using our TrumpBucks to buy another depreciating asset is a necessary move.
It's 20 years old and very nostalgic for people of a certain age that are nearing peak earning years. I'm not saying it's going to appreciate, but I doubt it depreciates to any meaningful degree.

See if that works on her.
fooz
Gangster Octopus said:

Post more info and pics. Someone here will buy that thing. Hell, I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to convince my wife that using our TrumpBucks to buy another depreciating asset is a necessary move.
This.

Anything done to it?
robertcope
You can always use something like escrow.com to handle the sale of the vehicle. After that, fill out a form 130-U online[1], remove the license plates, and hand it over. The buyer can get a temporary transit permit[2] to get the car home.

[1] https://webdealer.txdmv.gov/title/publicVehicleTransferSearch?flowIndicator=online

[2] https://permit.txdmv.gov/Permit/VTPermit
txyaloo
AG
Love those cars. Sad I missed the bottom of the market on them 2-3 years ago. They're surely going to appreciate more than most other F-Bodies. I still look on FB a few times a week for a good deal on one
drumboy
AG
robertcope said:

You can always use something like escrow.com to handle the sale of the vehicle. After that, fill out a form 130-U online[1], remove the license plates, and hand it over. The buyer can get a temporary transit permit[2] to get the car home.

[1] https://webdealer.txdmv.gov/title/publicVehicleTransferSearch?flowIndicator=online

[2] https://permit.txdmv.gov/Permit/VTPermit
Def keep the plates. Fools don't transfer the title quickly and every road in Houston is a toll road.
TefIon Don
AG
List of mods added to OP.
Ag for Life
AG
Must. Resist.

If it was black or navy blue I'd be giving you a call.
TefIon Don
AG
Man when I was buying one, I wanted black so bad. Settled on this white one, but I really like it with the black wheels.
Duncan Idaho
Those were better looking than the vettes of that era.

There. I said it.
aggieforester05
AG
Keep it, you've got so much money invested and memories in that thing is not worth the $8,500 you might get for letting it go. You'll regret it and just think of it as a cheap fun car that you know the history of. /guy with broke down supercharged Mustang bought new in 2006 sitting in his driveway that's worth basically nothing now after spending at least $40K on it over the years
Duncan Idaho
aggieforester05 said:

Keep it, you've got so much money invested and memories in that thing is not worth the $8,500 you might get for letting it go. You'll regret it and just think of it as a cheap fun car that you know the history of. /guy with broke down supercharged Mustang bought new in 2006 sitting in his driveway that's worth basically nothing now after spending at least $40K on it over the years

1000% this. Unless you are too old to work the clutch or you lost your job and already sold your daily or you dont have room for the 2021 vette you are picking up
Leeman
Yeah, I've got a 95 TA Conv with 42k miles that I bought new. I've heavily modded it. No way I can let i go, Its 25 years old now and a classic. :-)
TefIon Don
AG
Not selling it for the money, just need the garage space and I don't drive it much anymore. Y'all are making me want to go store it at my mom's place for a while until I can bring myself to dump even more money into it.

I've always dreamed of having a turbo v8...I guess I'm about 10k away from that with this car if I went that route....maybe I would talk 1ags into helping me install it all.
aggieforester05
AG
Do it, when I went with boost it changed the car completely. Felt like the rear axle wanted to run out from under me and fly down the highway. Built 408 stroker with a 76mm turbo should do the trick.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.