March Vehicle Sales Forecast...YIKES!

11,344 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Iowaggie
hatchback
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And sports car.
PatAg
AG
So if someone was already in the market for a car, pre-quarantine, they should consider waiting until summer for even better deals? if they are able to?
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Yes
PatAg
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Yes
Interesting, I'll pass that on the BIL. His car was on its last legs in February, but with WFH going on for who knows, he might be best served just hoping it lasts til summer.
dubi
AG
Quote:

Guy that I buy cars from says 80% of his sales transactions are leases.
FIFY
crowman2010
AG
dubi said:

Quote:

Guy that I buy cars from says 80% of his sales transactions are leases.
FIFY
Did that one make you cringe or something? I assumed he meant sales to mean commission...
tamuags08
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

I will be in the market at the end of summer. I'd love to be able to get a king ranch or at4 for mid $40's. We shall see
Here is an AT4 with an advertised internet price just under 50K.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/801437183/overview/
crowman2010
AG
tamuags08 said:

AustinCountyAg said:

I will be in the market at the end of summer. I'd love to be able to get a king ranch or at4 for mid $40's. We shall see

hatchback
AG
From Car & Driver:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a31996377/us-auto-sales-steep-decline-coronavirus-pandemic/

Quarterly Results:
- Fiat/Chrysler: 10.4% decline (Dodge was down 20%)
- General Motors: 7.1% decline (Buick was down 34.7%)
- Hyundai: 7% decline (43% decline for month of March)
- Nissan/Infiniti: 29.6% decline
- Mazda: 4.5% decline (41.8% for month of March)
- Mitsubishi: 15.5% decline (52% for month of March)
- Porsche: 20.2% decline
Schall 02
AG
So any guesses on when prime time to shop for a 2012/13 Porsche 911 (991) Carrera S will be ?
Naveronski
AG
2016?
aTm2004
AG
tamuags08 said:

AustinCountyAg said:

Here's a left over '19. You could probably get this thing for a steal right now.

https://www.beckmastennorth.com/VehicleDetails/new-2019-GMC-Sierra_1500-Crew_Cab_Short_Box_4_Wheel_Drive_AT4-Houston-TX/3401506293
aggiepaintrain
AG
Guys wait until this summer.
Unless they get a bailout, prices are going to drop a lot more.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Laura gmc averaging about 13k of msrp for 2020 at4's
Several more base model at4's for 47-48

Unless their inventory gets held back then I see mid 40's def doable soon
turfaggie24
AG
Got 17k off MSRP 2 days ago on an LTZ+
tk for tu juan
Ford down 12.5% for Q1 vs last year

https://shareholder.ford.com/files/doc_financials/quarterly/2020/q1/Ford-US-Q1-2020-Sales.pdf
The Lost
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Laura gmc averaging about 13k of msrp for 2020 at4's
Several more base model at4's for 47-48

Unless their inventory gets held back then I see mid 40's def doable soon
Well their inventory will get held back considering no one is making cars/trucks right now. There will be deals, but timing will be fun to try and figure out whats best.
drumboy
AG
Lots of talk about low supply due to factories being shut down; have foreign companies shuttered their production as well?
AgCPA95
AG
drumboy said:

Lots of talk about low supply due to factories being shut down; have foreign companies shuttered their production as well?
We have a Mercedes GLE on order which is made in Alabama. Plant was shuttered on 3/23.
drumboy
AG
AgCPA95 said:

drumboy said:

We have a Mercedes GLE on order which is made in Alabama. Plant was shuttered on 3/23.
I was talking more about about foreign factories. Maybe They'll make a crap load of Land Cruisers and have unload them cheaply.

Crosses Fingers....
EMY92
AG
Other countries are in the same shape we are.
ac04
Schall 02 said:

So any guesses on when prime time to shop for a 2012/13 Porsche 911 (991) Carrera S will be ?
i check the 991s available at carmax a few times a week just to get a sense of pricing while daydreaming about what my next car will be. the inventory there has more than doubled in the past month and there are some really great examples (low miles, nicely optioned etc). i think if you hold off for another month or two there will be some awesome deals to be had out there.

when you get serious about looking, contact eric nelson at dallas motorsports in wylie. he guided me through the process of finding and buying a 997 and his help was extremely valuable.
Schall 02
AG
ac04 said:

Schall 02 said:

i check the 991s available at carmax a few times a week just to get a sense of pricing while daydreaming about what my next car will be. the inventory there has more than doubled in the past month and there are some really great examples (low miles, nicely optioned etc). i think if you hold off for another month or two there will be some awesome deals to be had out there.

when you get serious about looking, contact eric nelson at dallas motorsports in wylie. he guided me through the process of finding and buying a 997 and his help was extremely valuable.

Thanks, AC. Do you have his email address you could send me?
Hincemm
AG
Schall 02 said:

ac04 said:

Schall 02 said:

Thanks, AC. Do you have his email address you could send me?
also curious to get his contact info, por favor
ac04
PMs sent
Schall 02
AG
2012-14 Porsche 911 prices definitely seem to be dropping.
Hincemm
AG
Examples
Schall 02
AG
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=549654755&zip=80113&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D80113%26city%3DEnglewood%26startYear%3D2012%26vehicleStyleCodes%3DCOUPE%26incremental%3Dall%26endYear%3D2015%26modelCodeList%3D911%26makeCodeList%3DPOR%26listingTypes%3DUSED%26sortBy%3DdistanceASC%26maxPrice%3D61000%26state%3DCO%26firstRecord%3D0%26marketExtension%3Dinclude%26searchRadius%3D0%26isNewSearch%3Dfalse&listingTypes=USED&startYear=2012&numRecords=25&maxPrice=61000&vehicleStyleCodes=COUPE&firstRecord=0&endYear=2015&modelCodeList=911&makeCodeList=POR&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=POR&modelCode1=911&clickType=listing
Iowaggie
AG
So are prices on 2020s going to drop before new year or is it leveled off for remainder of year?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.