COTA closing indefinitely

2,918 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cbr
'03ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://motorsports.nbcsports.com/2020/03/16/circuit-of-the-americas-indycar-motogp-f1-closing-indefinitely-covid-19/

There have been rumblings for a while about their financial stability. And the F1 drivers have *****ed about the track surface lately. Could spell the end for F1 in Austin. Even if someone steps in to save this year's race.
robertcope
I think these articles are overblown. They're closing until they can effectively have business again. Of course, I could be wrong.
Stat Monitor Repairman
More proof that we are the Jones's.

Sips jealous of our defunct racetrack on the outskirts of town.
aTm2004
AG
Quote:

The American-Statesman and Associated Press both reported the track was "indefinitely closed," but a track spokesperson disputed that characterization and said "COTA is working with a smaller workforce to keep all afloat so when we can safely be on the other side of this pandemic we can be fully functioning once again."
lotsofhp
AG
Hopefully everything turns out good. After watching both seasons of F1 on Netflix I was really pumped about the F1 season starting and dreamed of taking my 11 week old son to the track in Austin when he gets older.

First the season gets postponed and now an article saying the track might close down.

Par the course for things I begin to like though TBH
O'Doyle Rules
AG
shocked. /s
vansprinkle
AG
I was actually thinking that on track is the perfect place to be right now. Stay in the bubble of your own vehicle, get exercise, and enjoy being outdoors.
Aggie_3
'03ag said:

https://motorsports.nbcsports.com/2020/03/16/circuit-of-the-americas-indycar-motogp-f1-closing-indefinitely-covid-19/

There have been rumblings for a while about their financial stability. And the F1 drivers have *****ed about the track surface lately. Could spell the end for F1 in Austin. Even if someone steps in to save this year's race.

This has more to do with the corona virus than financials
aggiepaintrain
AG
F1 on netflix is awesome, watching a whole race is boring as heck.
FJB
lotsofhp
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

I've watched them before and did find them very boring. But after watching that series I told myself it would be more fun to watch now that I know all the teams and drivers.

But deep down there is a cynic in me saying "it's still going to be boring"

But if I could get into it, it would really help fill the gap till football season
HollywoodBQ
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

But the people watching is $Money

I've gone to Singapore the past two years and it's been totally worth it.
lotsofhp
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

When I've watched F1 in the past, I did think it was really boring. Even though the cars are so amazing.

After watching the Netflix series, I thought it would be more fun to watch now that I know all of the drivers and teams. Also, I've learned that there is more to watch than just who is leading the race. Teams are trying to progress in the constructors cup and may be excited about a 5th place finish. So there is action even in the middle of the pack.

But, deep down there is a cynic in my saying "it'll still be boring".

If I could start to enjoy it, it would really help fill the gap till football starts back up. That's why I really want to like it.
lotsofhp
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

When I've watched F1 in the past, I did think it was really boring. Even though the cars are so amazing.

After watching the Netflix series, I thought it would be more fun to watch now that I know all of the drivers and teams. Also, I've learned that there is more to watch than just who is leading the race. Teams are trying to progress in the constructors cup and may be excited about a 5th place finish. So there is action even in the middle of the pack.

But, deep down there is a cynic in my saying "it'll still be boring".

If I could start to enjoy it, it would really help fill the gap till football starts back up. That's why I really want to like it.
cbr
AG
Cota is a great track and facility. I can only hope it hangs in there. I want to keep driving the **** out of it for years to come.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.