2020 Buick Regal TourX

4,171 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Goodest Poster
BigRobSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've seen a couple of these here in Pittsburgh, where I am for work temporarily, and finally looked them up.

LINKIEPOO

Has the 250hp, 2.0L turbo 4 from the new wannabe Grand National. It's AWD, too.

"Powered by a 2.0L turbocharged engine, TourX brings real get-up-and-go to every adventure. And thanks to intelligent All-Wheel Drive with active twin clutch, TourX will surprise you with precise and agile handling at every turn."

Good-looking in my book, and if the AWD is even remotely as good as the AWD in my TBSS from 13 yrs ago, it's a solid AWD base to build on.

Thoughts?
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
'03ag
Looks good on paper and I love an AWD wagon. In my experience GM cars disappoint in real life.
MouthBQ98
AG
Flattened minivan
hatchback
AG
Given the choice between that and an unnecessarily oversized SUV, I'd choose the TourX and twice on Sundays.

Edit: Would need a quick trip to the body shop to paint the black plastic cladding at the wheel wells.
sts7049
AG
why would i pick that over a Subaru?
Dill-Ag13
AG
Needs a bigger engine and a manual swap and I'd love one.
BigRobSA
Dill-Ag13 said:

Needs a bigger engine and a manual swap and I'd love one.
LS-swap and Tremec install?
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
BigRobSA
sts7049 said:

Nicer interior?

Want a car like the Chinese get?

Dunno, just seeing a wagon threw me for a loop. Saw 2 this morning on the way to/from Walmart, had seen one or two in Minneapolis over the last month or so and figured it was time to look it up.

If you want a solid AWD, the Subaru is the way to go, for sure. Just awesome that 'Merica is bringing another wagon back into the fold, even if they call it a "Crossover".
Aero95
AG
I think it looks great too. I love sport wagons, bit not sure I could convince myself to buy a Buick? If I were shopping I'm sure I would take a look, though. Fuel mileage seems disappointing for a tiny turbo 4 engine.
Pahdz
These were our second choice behind the CX-9 when we got that. Went to the auto show in Minneapolis and I was surprised how much I liked this.
Mookie
AG
Shhhhh... we have about 10-14 months till the peak depreciation hits on these. Ima snatch one up.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
I think this is its swan song year....
drumboy
AG
sts7049 said:

Yep. If I wanted a nicer wagon then I'd go AllRoad or whatever the Saab wagon irrational number model is.
Fairview
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Flattened minivan

Yep. Here's a chop top Dodge Caravan.

New Buick

Superdave1993
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

What 1ags said is true.

https://autoweek.com/article/car-news/sad-predictable-all-buick-regal-models-including-tourx-wagon-are-dead-us-after
Aston 91
AG
BigRobSA said:

Just awesome that 'Merica is bringing another wagon back into the fold, even if they call it a "Crossover".
I think the TourX is a great car, but it's built in Germany (and the Outback is built in the US).
neutics
AG
Looks like you an pick one of these up for $10k off MSRP fairly easily...$25k for the middle trim seems like a good value for that much car but yes it is still a GM. If my wife didn't already have an Outback I might be tempted.
DeWrecking Crew
Active twin clutch...what could possibly go wrong
Aero95
AG
Fairview said:

MouthBQ98 said:

Flattened minivan

Yep. Here's a chop top Dodge Caravan.

New Buick

At least it isn't a Dodge!
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Superdave1993 said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

What 1ags said is true.

https://autoweek.com/article/car-news/sad-predictable-all-buick-regal-models-including-tourx-wagon-are-dead-us-after
So now after that dies, Buick has 3 models...all of which are SUVs. And introducing a 4th SUV in 2020.

One is built in Korea, one is built in China, and one in North America.... SUV #4 will be called the "Encore GX" assembled in S. Korea as well, and bigger than the Encore, smaller than the Envision....
nortex97
AG
It's the last Opel-era Buick you will ever see. I like them but I suspect parts will get quite expensive/take a long time to get in about 3-5 years.

Buick is basically a Chinese brand for GM now (which is why they survived vs. Pontiac/Saturn/Olds fyi), and they sold Opel, but had a commitment to offer certain models a certain amount of time here.

Plus side it doesn't have a cvt (vs. Subaru) and you are less likely to be mistaken for a lesbian.
Buck Turgidson
I hate that the US brands are dropping sedans to focus almost exclusively on SUVs or trucks. Ford will soon only have the Mustang, various SUVs and trucks. Cadillac seems to be abandoning the idea of a sedan that is any larger than mid-sized. Lincoln went too-small on the Continental and is now dropping it altogether. Seems like the only non SUV/truck vehicles we are going to make (domestically) in a few years will be sports cars/pony cars/muscle cars.
Picadillo
Start-stop engine is a deal killer. Give it a six cylinder naturally aspirated.
YouBet
AG
Picadillo said:

Start-stop engine is a deal killer. Give it a six cylinder naturally aspirated.
Aren't start-stop pretty much standard in all new cars now? Mine at least has a button that I can manually turn it off every time I get in the car. My wife's doesn't so she's stuck with that horse sh^t.
YouBet
AG
And I like this Buick. I wish I could convince my wife to get a wagon instead of an SUV. My secret obsession with them will go unfulfilled in this lifetime most likely.
Flaith
AG
Saw one yesterday and thought of this thread. Very sharp-looking car, and I'm sad that they are doing way with it.

I'd love to get one with the Opel Insignia SportTourer GSi trim

TxTarpon
outback competitor?
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
Goodest Poster
AG
Congrats Subaru and Kia Soul....no longer the ugliest vehicles on planet.

It's like the ACME anvil fell on a Pontiac Aztec
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.