Best brand kids power wheels?

13,431 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Scud Runner
MrJonMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Buying the kiddo a new one for Xmas. Currently just has a cheapo 6v one but it's time to upgrade......then maybe mod it.

Anyways, there are so many different brands, wasn't sure if anyone has personal suggestions to one over another, or are they pretty much all equal?

Prefer to get one that has the 2 speed options so he can grow into it.

The main ones I've looked at are Peg Perego, Hot Wheels, fisher price and the actual power wheels brand.

I'm liking the side by side one Or John Deer Gator
Lone Star Pest Control Service, Inc. Call for special Pricing!
jrrhouston98
AG
Curious about this as well for my 4 year old.
PatriotAg98
AG
Have had great luck with Power Wheels(brand) jeeps(3)
Its Not Rocket Surgery
AG
Got our kiddo the Peg Pergo Rzr for Christmas last year. No issues and she loves it. Also, made in the USA.
sts7049
AG
https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/AZ18/Arizona/lots/n0012/563731
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
I'm working on a 48V conversion and rubber tires for the wrangler I bought for my godkids
Beckdiesel03
AG
We had good luck with powerwheels with first born. Fast forward to second son and dad had rewired them all to bigger cheaper tractor supply batteries bc those stupid powerwheels batteries are expensive and suck. Rubber tires would be amazing.
03_Aggie
Going to scooter motors or what? Can't imagine gears would hold up to 48v and rubber tires.

We have Power Wheels brand and they've been fine. Batteries and cracked wheels are usually the main issues.
MrJonMan
AG
Appreciate the input everyone

And rubber tires were definitely something I've been looking into
kyledr04
AG
My son has the John Deere gator. Forget the manufacturer, maybe peg pergo. Its held up ok. Too many kids got on it and burned up the motors. Got replacements on Ebay. The plastic wheels are trash. I went to lowes and bought a cheap rubber doormat. Cut it in half long ways then wrapped the strips around the two back tires and screwed them on with drywall screws. Much better traction. Also recommend a second battery.
agdoc2001
AG
I did the power wheels jeep hurricane with the scooter motor, 24v, dual pedal, and working light upgrades. We shredded the nylon gears in a day and had to upgrade to heavy duty gears. The hard plastic tires will just spin, so rather than full rubber, I cut the side walls off some BMX tires and wrapped those around the original tires.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BigRobSA
OH MY GOD!
I cannot wait for my son to get older. He's 14months old right now.

So

Many

Modded

Toys!!!!1juan
agdoc2001
AG
Here's my project thread for anyone interested

https://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=18833
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ac04
we upgraded from power wheels jeep to the peg perego gaucho and it's a noticeable difference.
MouthBQ98
AG
Go cart with cage and harness and governor.
bco2003
AG
Have had the Peg Perego Gator for 4 years now. Still going strong. As mentioned above, 2 batteries help.
Silvy
AG
Skinnies up front, slicks out back?
ccolley68
AG
We have the KidTrax Land Rover Defender. It's been great, and seems to run forever, even after a couple of years of being stored outside permanently, and hauling a 7, 5, and 3yo around. All plastic tires but it's get around the yard fine. Much more reliable than the actual Land Rovers, lol

Grandparents have the PegPerego Gators at the ranch for all the grandkids and they are fine as well. The plastic tires don't grab in caliche all that well, but they haven't split. They seem to take much longer to charge, and when the battery is done with a charge, it's a very rapid drop to no power.
aggolfer
AG
We have had the JD gator and Tracter. I have swapped both batteries with lawn mower batteries and the run much better. I also ditched the chargers and put the adapters for a battery tender and have a 4 bank battery tender i keep on them when not riding. I also cut the sidewalls off a bicycle tire and screwed down the tire around the rear wheels. It slows top speed a bit, but they don't just sit and spin wheels in the grass.
TXAG9
AG
I highly recommend these guys: https://www.bigtoysgreencountry.com/4x4-ride-on-crawler-truck-rubbers-tires-parental-rc-remote-pink/

Pros:
- Tires are awesome
- Motor has tons of power
- Adult remote with governor has saved quite a few wrecks

Cons:
- The bumpers are cheap
- The power cord is under the dash
- Batteries are not removable (from what I've been able to determine so far)
MrJonMan
AG
So many decisions to be made!

I'm leaning towards something that will allow a trailer to be hooked up to it, as he loves carry random stuff around the yard
agdoc2001
AG
If you really love your kid

https://actevmotors.com/
MrJonMan
AG
Damn, they have some sweet vehicles
MrJonMan
AG
Nice build.....what did all the parts end up running you?
agdoc2001
AG
MrJonMan said:

Nice build.....what did all the parts end up running you?
ESC conversion kit was $140 off a guy on ebay, stage IV motors and gears were $200 from mltoys
PooDoo
AG
BigRobSA
PooDoo said:

Pwn those newb 3 yr olds.
dubi
AG
Do kids ride bikes anymore?
03_Aggie
dubi said:

Do kids ride bikes anymore?

Yes
ashleyschaeffer
We've had the PW Mustang for long while, just now deciding it needs to go to another family.

Anyone need one let me know. Free to good home.
aftershock
The Kroger (of all places...) by us in Katy has a 12v Toy Story 4 Power Wheels Jeep for like $150. We already have one Power Wheels dunebuggy, but every time we're at Kroger I think about adding to the fleet.
MrJonMan
AG
The more I look at their site, the more I'm leaning towards spending the extra ~$100 on one of theirs.
MrJonMan
AG
So the one I wanted from Big Toys is sold out until 2/2020

Started looking online and found very similar (if not the same) one selling at Best Choice Products. About $150 cheaper too. I emailed them asking if the tires were plastic or rubber.

Also searched Ali Baba just for fun and found the same ones there but obviously there is an order minimum.

Big Toys says to only buy from them and not the copy cats online that use cheaper parts but I have a hard time believing they don't all come from the same place.

Even if they use a smaller motor, isn't that something I could essentially replace/upgrade very easily myself?

What say y'all?

For reference here are the two I'm looking at, only reason I don't do the Defender is I wanted something that was lifted.

https://www.bigtoysgreencountry.com/24v-mercedes-big-rig-xxl-ride-on-truck-w-remote-control-rubber-tires-white/

https://www.bigtoysgreencountry.com/12v-4x4-land-rover-defender-ride-on-truck-w-rubber-tires-white/

And here is the one at Best Choice Products

https://bestchoiceproducts.com/products/kids-24v-2-seater-mercedes-benz-ride-on-suv-truck-w-remote-control
ChipFTAC01
AG
Out on a walk earlier with the kids and a neighbor offered us their old Jeep power wheel that apparently doesn't hold a charge anymore. I'm thinking now might be a good time to take on a project both because I've got a bit more free time and obviously we need to keep the kids entertained. Anyone else gone down this path before?
03_Aggie
Yep:

https://texags.com/forums/46/topics/2827519/replies/48276749#48276749
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.