New Chevy 2500

3,616 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by saltydog13
Ifishandlie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Siap

I just looked at the new 2020 Silverado 2500

The new truck, imo, is hideous. I was curious what y'all think.....

GMC is better, but not much.

Sadly the Silverado is so ugly I don't think I'll trade this year (at least not for a Silverado.)
easttexasaggie04
AG
I finally got to sit in one and I didn't really like it. The interior is very far behind Ford and Ram. And the exterior looks aren't there for me...however that is really subjective.
Corps_Ag12
AG
I like the new Silverado, and the GMC even more. I am not a fan of Fords (just my personal preference) and i think RAM half-assed the 3/4 & 1 ton designs by adding in pieces of plastic between the lights and the fender/bumper assembly to the new grille design. They didn't change anything else on the trucks like they did on the 1/2 ton which results in a shoddy look IMO.
ElephantRider
AG
The ones with the bowtie on the grill don't look as bad, but the "Chevrolet" across the front is one of the ugliest things I've ever seen. GMC looks a little better, but they're all pretty ugly in my opinion. IMO, they trail Ford and Ram by a pretty wide margin (exterior and interior).
Ifishandlie
AG
Corps_Ag12 said:

I like the new Silverado, and the GMC even more. I am not a fan of Fords (just my personal preference) and i think RAM half-assed the 3/4 & 1 ton designs by adding in pieces of plastic between the lights and the fender/bumper assembly to the new grille design. They didn't change anything else on the trucks like they did on the 1/2 ton which results in a shoddy look IMO.

Doesn't the new 2500 look like an old ford to you? That's what I don't like. It looks boxy in the front

I love the Chevy 2500 diesels but I can't get past the new front end.

The gmc truck seems better. Idk. Maybe it's just me
The inside is the same as the 2018. Don't think they changed anything
kyledr04
AG
I really like them except the awful Chevrolet bar. But it would be ok with a grill guard.

Also really interested in the new gas engine. Seems like it could be a nice alternative to all the EPA crap on the half ton.
Corps_Ag12
AG
I don't really think so. I like the New Chevy's in the "Custom" trim. I think the rest are a little over the top.

My dad had a Ford once and it was a POS so we've never owned once since (probably 25 years ago now).
1agswitchin4lanes
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
bam02
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Barf!
ElephantRider
AG
Ugliest grille ever
91AggieLawyer
AG
Quote:

The new truck, imo, is hideous. I was curious what y'all think.....

I think its hilarious. All we hear on here about the imports is that styling is key. Tundras (and to a lesser extent Titans since they aren't talked about much) are ridiculed because they look the same as they did 10 years ago. Now Chevy makes a bold styling change and they are criticized.

MAYBE this (i.e. designing something that looks terrible) is what Toyota and Nissan are thinking when they don't radically change their truck design over time.
ElephantRider
AG
Ram just nailed it though. There's a right way and a wrong way
Punked Shank
AG
ElephantRider said:

Ram just nailed it though. There's a right way and a wrong way

Ram was hideous with that tramp stamp styling they had for a bit.
Canyon99
AG
wtf?

Bob_Ag
AG
Amazing how you can go from some of the better looking trucks on the market to a turd sandwich in no time. They are laughably bad and hideous.
AgEng06
AG
The new Chevys are ugly to me, but I'd love a new GMC.
WP69
AG
I prefer the GMC front end, but that head on pic of the Chevy makes it look worse than it really is.

Over on the duramax forum they get good reviews from the guys buying them. They like the new 10 speed and cracking 20 mpg on the highway is common.
JSKolache
AG
Pretty bold. Not my cup of tea, but I could see it growing on me.

Whatever happened to just beefing up suspension and drivetrain on 1/2 tons to make 3/4 ton? Now they all have different body styles, are called HD, and cost 50% more than 1/2 tons.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I try to look for pictures that make the new Chevy look good but I just can't find them.

Canyon99
AG
It's a good looking rig if you can get past the front end. Even my quick iPhone edit makes it look better.

TxAG-010
AG
I don't know why...but the front end reminds me of a Remora fish. You know the fish that are usually stuck to whales or sharks and appears to be upside down, but in fact it's just a really ugly fish.

Justified
The new grill reminds me of a early 60's model Chevy 2 ton truck. When the orange running lights or turn signals were in the hood.
ElephantRider
AG
High Country doesn't look as bad, since they didn't put the abomination on the front.

CalAG
AG
South Platte
CalAG said:

That makes me dizzy.
ccolley68
AG
I hated them when they first released them and all they showed was the one with the word stamped on the grille. Parked by a High Country the other day, and I gotta say, I liked it quite a lot.
kyledr04
AG
I think they wanted to sell more high country models
saltydog13
AG
I can't get past those mirrors
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.