2019 F250 6.7L Issues - Continued

5,620 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Aggie Pharmer
Aggie Pharmer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So, I've got a call in to the dealership's service department and am waiting on a call back, but thought I'd post here to get y'all's thoughts.

Bought truck June 20, 2019. July 5, 2019 the oil pump decides to take a crap and engine seizes. New long block installed under warranty (truck had maybe 800 miles on it at the time).

I noticed this morning while sitting in traffic a light haze of white smoke coming from under the hood. Checked all gauges and everything within normal operating range and no check engine light on. I've also noticed that when I start my truck up and let it sit, or when I'm stopped at a light, there's a smell of diesel exhaust in the cab.

The white smoke is something new I just noticed this morning. The exhaust smell in the cab I just started noticing a couple of weeks ago.

So, what are y'all thinking?

A. Stuck in a regen? (Although it's a daily driver in Austin traffic for me, we did have two long 1.5+ hour drives over the weekend)

B. Exhaust leak?

C. The white smoke from under hood and exhaust smell in cab are unrelated.

D. Other?
EMY92
AG
If exhaust is leaking into the cab, that may be what is needed for Ford to buy that lemon back from you.
CATAGBQ04
AG
Def a fuel leak that's vaporizing somewhere
PFG
AG
Gas f250 FTW
FunnyFarm14
AG
New motor got installed, but exhaust is leaking somewhere?

You said a new long block got installed. Does that include the exhaust components as well? Perhaps a leaky clamp/flange there.
White smoke sounds like coolant- only two places those mix are the EGR cooler and the turbo.

Take it back for sure. Let them figure that out. Trucks too expensive to work on under warranty
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
CATAGBQ04 said:

Def a fuel leak that's vaporizing somewhere
I second this.
TMoney2007
AG
FunnyFarm14 said:

New motor got installed, but exhaust is leaking somewhere?

You said a new long block got installed. Does that include the exhaust components as well? Perhaps a leaky clamp/flange there.
White smoke sounds like coolant- only two places those mix are the EGR cooler and the turbo.

Take it back for sure. Let them figure that out. Trucks too expensive to work on under warranty
You have to R&R the exhaust components to install a new long block. It's going to include the block, heads and rotating assembly.

Something is leaking, whatever that is, I'd be lining up a loaner vehicle at the dealership that did the engine replacement...
Aggie Pharmer
AG
Have an appt tomorrow morning. Thanks for everyone's input.
JosephMarcus
wow. sucks that you are having issues after 800 miles. let us know what you find out from the appt.
Aggie Pharmer
AG
Dropped off at dealership yesterday. They hooked me up with a black Lariat Sport 6.7 F250 as a loaner. Very nice truck.

Will update when resolved.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Hope it all works out in your favor. I would comment with help but I only know enough to be dangerous.
Aggie Pharmer
AG
Just got my truck back from the dealership! Mechanic's notes as follows:

Verified customer concern. Fuel odor found and fuel rail supply lines wet at high pressure pump. R&I upper intake for access to lines. Found nuts not torqued to spec 89 lb/in. 1/4 turn to reach spec. Reassembled system and retested. No further leaks found.

Now after driving the Lariat for a week, I know what trim level I want on my next truck! To tide me over until then, I'll be self-installing some Katzkin leather seats, remote start module and LED running board lights.

Thanks everyone!
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Aggie Pharmer said:

Verified customer concern. Fuel odor found and fuel rail supply lines wet at high pressure pump. R&I upper intake for access to lines. Found nuts not torqued to spec 89 lb/in. 1/4 turn to reach spec. Reassembled system and retested. No further leaks found.

Now after driving the Lariat for a week, I know what trim level I want on my next truck! To tide me over until then, I'll be self-installing some Katzkin leather seats, remote start module and LED running board lights.

Thanks everyone!

The 19A361 security module from Ford has remote start built in and also adds a shock sensor to boot. Add the LED light for more of a theft deterrent.
Aggie Pharmer
AG
Aggie Pharmer said:

Thanks everyone!

Just an update. Tightening the nuts to spec didn't do the trick. Still had some white vapor/smoke coming up from under the hood and a bad odor, so took it in about 3 weeks ago and they just changed out the entire fuel line assembly.

This stopped the smoke, but did nothing for the odor.

Took it back last week and they isolated the odor to the exhaust. Did a smoke test and found the turbo leaking between the two halves. Replaced the turbo and I got it back yesterday. So far, so good. No bad smell and I it seems I have more power now when I punch it than I did previously.

So, I'm cautiously optimistic that we finally have worked out the bugs on this truck!
Drip99
AG
Aggie Pharmer said:

Aggie Pharmer said:

Thanks everyone!

Just an update. Tightening the nuts to spec didn't do the trick. Still had some white vapor/smoke coming up from under the hood and a bad odor, so took it in about 3 weeks ago and they just changed out the entire fuel line assembly.

Took it back last week and they isolated the odor to the exhaust. Did a smoke test and found the turbo leaking between the two halves. Replaced the turbo and I got it back yesterday. So far, so good. No bad smell and I it seems I have more power now when I punch it than I did previously.

So, I'm cautiously optimistic that we finally have worked out the bugs on this truck!
i have been here with Ford. Do you have your service advisor in your phone contacts yet? As the problems continue to pile up they stop giving you a loaner and stick you in the crappy Mitsubishi enterprise rental. They stop giving you a rental around 30k because you did not buy an extended warranty. At 35k miles you trade the POS in on a Tundra and enjoy your stress free trips to the service department to get your free oil change and tire rotation.
Aggie Pharmer
AG
JesusQuintana said:

Aggie Pharmer said:

Aggie Pharmer said:

Thanks everyone!

i have been here with Ford. Do you have your service advisor in your phone contacts yet? As the problems continue to pile up they stop giving you a loaner and stick you in the crappy Mitsubishi enterprise rental. They stop giving you a rental around 30k because you did not buy an extended warranty. At 35k miles you trade the POS in on a Tundra and enjoy your stress free trips to the service department to get your free oil change and tire rotation.
Niiiiiiice....

And yes, service advisor is in my phone contacts, LOL.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.