Thinking about a Tesla

32,492 Views | 251 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 07ag
Fizban
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Learned2Code said:

So I ordered my "mouse" in January and it was delivered last week. Was fully expecting teething issues but have been lucky thus far with nothing to report.

Is this your first Tesla?

Learned2Code
cav14 said:

That's a very quick and quiet blue mouse. Congrats.
Speaking of quiet - I was pleasantly surprised the pedestrian warning was not included in the first batch of MY's. Full compliance required in Sept 2020 but only 50% before then.
Fizban said:

It is.
Fizban
Learned2Code said:

cav14 said:

That's a very quick and quiet blue mouse. Congrats.
Speaking of quiet - I was pleasantly surprised the pedestrian warning was not included in the first batch of MY's. Full compliance required in Sept 2020 but only 50% before then.
Fizban said:

It is.

Cool, you will have to give us a review once you have had it a little while. I have a Model 3 and it is impossible for me to imagine going back. They are just great cars and the convenience factor of charging at home is really nice.
A New Hope
Ok. Never thought I'd ever consider a Tesla but here I am. Newbie questions. Model 3. Performance vs Long range version?

Can I charge it outside or does it need to be in my garage? Thanks for feedback.
07ag
AG
Fedup said:

Ok. Never thought I'd ever consider a Tesla but here I am. Newbie questions. Model 3. Performance vs Long range version?

Can I charge it outside or does it need to be in my garage? Thanks for feedback.
performance if you can afford it. regular long range will be plenty quick though

you can charge outside, they did a real good job of weather proofing it, and i've seen pictures of plugged in cars covered in snow. but inside garage is recommended

use the link in my signature to get 1,000 supercharge miles free!
https://ts.la/eric59704
Garrelli 5000
AG
Fedup said:

I have a friend with each. The long range owner said acceleration blew his Audi A7 away. Performance owner said it was terrifying but awesome once he got used to it.
A New Hope
Seems the performance is slightly less range but bump in statistics. Price not terrifyingly more. Final question. How's service? In recent years, that was weak spot. Poor service if needed it.
07ag
AG
Fedup said:

Seems the performance is slightly less range but bump in statistics. Price not terrifyingly more. Final question. How's service? In recent years, that was weak spot. Poor service if needed it.
only time i've dealt with service dept in almost 2 years of ownership was a recall/replacement of the battery connection pins. was able to easily schedule an appointment through the app and they came to my house and dealt with it in no time
https://ts.la/eric59704

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.