Cool stuff to do to Raptor

4,189 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by RockwallAg99
Stros Schadenfreude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gents I have an 18 raptor and am looking for some cool adds that wont jeopardize the warranty and ride quality. Any fellow raptor owners have any cool mods?
Silvy
AG
V8 swap prolly
sts7049
AG
EOT
Jethro95
AG
Autostop Eliminator
Dill-Ag13
AG
silverado_lover said:

V8 swap prolly

tony
AG
Actually take it off road.

Crazy I know
WaynerAg03
Jethro95 said:

Autostop Eliminator

Does this work?
nonameag99
silverado_lover said:

V8 swap prolly
He didn't even say LS swap

The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
Jethro95
AG
Yes, I have it on my Lariat.
Flaith
AG
obviously light bars. black holes like to open up in front of all Raptors. This is the only explanation I can think of for the propensity of bros to install light bars to their trucks

EMY92
AG
When I went to the Raptor driving school, all Raptors had a light bar, we did turn it on when on the trails. It didn't help visibility, but it allow others to see you in the thick dust.

They also had trail lights on a roll bar/spare tire mount in the bed.
The Lost
tony said:

Actually take it off road.

Crazy I know
100% this. Save the money and take a trip to moab our somewhere else where you can actually do raptor things.
TexAg2016
AG
Sell it and buy a real truck.
hurricanejake02
AG
Go here: F150 Forscan Thread

Anything else is wholly dependent on what you want to do with that Raptor. You've already paid for most of the off-road modifications or factory add-ons that anyone with an F150 would start with. You could look at bed storage systems or tonneau covers, if you just have some money burning a hole in your pocket.
tailgatetimer10
AG
silverado_lover said:

V8 swap prolly

I figured you'd also recommend to lower it
Ag for Life
AG
Silvy
AG
Hydros bish
gig em 02
So you bought a $75,000 truck and are worried about saving $500 on a warranty claim?
Stros Schadenfreude
gig em 02 said:

So you bought a $75,000 truck and are worried about saving $500 on a warranty claim?
No, I'm worried about something going seriously wrong with the truck and them blaming add-ons for the reasons and refusing to fix it.
The Lost
gig em 02 said:

84 month loan brah, sounds like you think he should have pimped out a mini van instead.
fooz
Resonator delete.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Hennessey Performance has a few interesting ideas. Post pics of your new 6x6!
EMY92
AG
The Lost said:

gig em 02 said:

84 month loan brah, sounds like you think he should have pimped out a mini van instead.
I think you transposed the numbers in the months.
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
Truck Vault/Console Vault.

Not familiar with them on a Raptor, but I had driving lights on my FJ, and they were appreciated driving down back roads in S. TX.
JSKolache
AG
jump it, shoot video
RickSawyer
AG
Just depends on what you'd like to do with the truck.

Suspension, Would not recommend just adding front collars or springs to get a level to fit 37's but plenty of folks do just that. Fox, Icon or Kings 3.0 coils up front plus Deaver +2 or 3 rear is a nice setup. Can go with a true mid travel set up from like SVC. Suspension setups can get expensive quickly for minimal travel gain but SVC, Fox, Kings, Camburg and even Icon make some quality upgrades.

If you want to keep the warranty I wouldn't add a tuner but if you do finally want added performance, COBB makes a good product and mountune actually has a kit with intake, intercooler, exhaust and custom mapped cobb tuner.

All I have done to mine so far is added 1552 Turbomac HD wheels and an SVC bypass rack. Same boat as you, I bought the extended warranty and have a tough time voiding it so early. Also would really like to really understand how the truck performs stock prior to modifying too much but think most of my focus eventually with revolve around the suspension.

Check out FordRaptorForums if you want a more specific resource.

-Rick
Bob_Ag
AG
Definitely do jumps.
Tim Weaver
Come on Broseph Stalin! You know whatchu gotta do!

easttexasaggie04
AG
In all fairness the V8 I had in my 2012 F-150 was sluggish and under powered and had to be replaced. Hopefully a lot has changed in 7 years.
CATAGBQ04
AG
The new Ecoboost is a rocket compared to the old one.

That said, all my friends that have them have driven the piss out of them bone stock with no issues.

I'd throw on bumpers and some cool lights and roll...do what you want!
RockwallAg99
AG
CATAGBQ04 said:

The new Ecoboost is a rocket compared to the old one.

That said, all my friends that have them have driven the piss out of them bone stock with no issues.

I'd throw on bumpers and some cool lights and roll...do what you want!
Yep, loving the new Ecoboost although, at times, I do miss my 6.7 Power Stroke Diesel. Traded my 17 F250 for a 19 Raptor in what was the biggest impulse buy I've ever made. So far not regretting it although it's taken some getting used to as far as how low it sits compared to the F250.

In same boat as OP. Bought the extended warranty (which I usually don't) due to all the things that can go wrong on these trucks. With the 802A package there are so many bells and whistles and opportunities for something to screw up. Will probably do a level and air bags to stiffen the rear a bit when hauling as long as neither is detrimental to the ride and off road performance. Installed Rigid radiance fogs with the amber backlighting to match the amber lights of the raptor. Other than that, for the first time in forever, I think I will stay stock.
Whitetail
AG
Install a haul ass button from a Tundra.

Silvy
AG
RockwallAg99 said:

air bags to stiffen the rear a bit when hauling as long as neither is detrimental to the ride and off road performance

Ogre09
AG
Whitetail said:

Install a haul ass button from a Tundra.

Really wakes up the 5.7
RockwallAg99
AG
silverado_lover said:

RockwallAg99 said:

air bags to stiffen the rear a bit when hauling as long as neither is detrimental to the ride and off road performance

The raptor due to the high travel suspension has a tendency to sag in the rear more than a typical truck. Last F150 I had wasn't a raptor and didn't really squat when I towed my boat or cargo trailer. Since then I've had a Denali HD and F250 and of course they had no issue. I've never had air bags but from what I understand they can be inflated when hauling to help with the sag and otherwise when not hauling they are deflated and have no effect at all on the vehicle.

With regards to level kit I'm looking at the RPG 2" collar. Some forum posters are saying they can't tell any difference in ride quality while others are saying there is a difference in steering and the ride is a fair bit more bumpy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.