Water under passenger floorboard (2018 Ford F-150)

14,726 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PLUM LOCO
Unemployed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When I pull out the plastic panel on the floorboard between the seat and the door, there is water in the area where all the electrical wires are housed. Any idea where it might be coming from?

sts7049
AG
is the floorboard wet as well? or just right on the sill?
Unemployed
AG
Floorboard is dry. Just the water collection in the sill.
PFG
AG
You have the pano sunroof?
schmellba99: Hard to believe people are looking at what is happening and thinking this is something other than a flu like bug
Unemployed
AG
No sunroof.
PFG
AG
Ok. I had this issue with a new Ford, but it was sunroof related.

No water on the dash or under the dash? I've heard of poor windshield fittment causing water to drip behind dash, follow molding down into sill.
schmellba99: Hard to believe people are looking at what is happening and thinking this is something other than a flu like bug
Ag for Life
AG
Warranty?
OnlyForNow
AG
Check the bottom of the door, there should be some drains there, sometimes water will get stuck in the door, in your case in may be getting under that plastic piece, another thing to check is the seam at the top of the apillar.
Roger That
AG
I have a 2017 F250 and there were several body seam leaks near the hood as well as a bad windshield seal. The combination left me with a soaked floorboard on the passenger side front to back. It was a massive pita to get it fixed.
Unemployed
AG
Ag for Life said:

Warranty?
Taking truck to dealership on Monday. Just trying to find out as much info as possible so I can suggest to them what to check (not implying they won't know what to do).
Unemployed
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Check the bottom of the door, there should be some drains there, sometimes water will get stuck in the door, in your case in may be getting under that plastic piece, another thing to check is the seam at the top of the apillar.
Thanks. I'll check that out.
idAg09
Probably Third brake light seal. Water enters and travels to the sides and runs along the channels. Common issue on Ford trucks new and old
Centerpole90
AG
Make sure your A/C drain line isn't plugged. Usually the carpet gets wet, but easy to check and common culprit for those of us who dive a lot of dirt roads.
Kenneth_2003
AG
I think that plastic trim piece latches by penetrating the floor. That is if i recall from pulling mine. So water could be splashing up from below. Ive also had water intrusion from an improperly sealed windshield. It came down the A pillar and then traveled behind the trim below the dash and under that floor trim. In my case the carpet was also wet.
K2Ag2008
AG
I had the exact same problem. It is (probably)the ac condensate drain that doesn't have an elbow for the penetration past the firewall. The f150 forums have decent info on it as well.
aggolfer
AG
another vote for ac drain. my f250 was soaking the floor.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Have the dealer also check the two vents in the back wall of the cab.
PLUM LOCO
AG
You should have bought a RAM...

I could not resist.
EMY92
AG
PLUM LOCO said:

You should have bought a RAM...

I could not resist.
Ram's do have an effective way of drying out any water intrusion.

PLUM LOCO
AG
Just like this?

PLUM LOCO
AG
PLUM LOCO said:

Just like this?

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.