Texas Direct Auto?

2,054 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by txyaloo
Dicky Longstocking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone ever used them? Looking to buy a new Yukon and really liked their pricing. Also, I haven't purchased that many pre-owned vehicles. How would you confirm that the vehicle was impacted by the flooding?

Thanks!
txyaloo
AG
Long history...

https://www.google.com/search?q=texas+direct+site%3Ahttps%3A%2F%2Ftexags.com%2Fforums%2F46&oq=texas+direct+site%3Ahttps%3A%2F%2Ftexags.com%2Fforums%2F46
drumboy
AG
Been confirmed here that they sell wrecked vehicles as 'carfax clean' and from my experience every car I liked was a former rental.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG

MrJonMan
AG
Lots of former rentals.....EVEN when they assure you it's not

That's said, there are some deals to be had
Dicky Longstocking
AG
Thanks everyone. I'm in Dallas and the car is in Houston. Does anyone have a good mechanic that would be willing to conduct a through inspection before I go through the trouble of having it shipped?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Dicky Longstocking said:

Thanks everyone. I'm in Dallas and the car is in Houston. Does anyone have a good mechanic that would be willing to conduct a through inspection before I go through the trouble of having it shipped?
Just find out the name of the body shop that fixed it before it went onto their lot and they can tell you more.
Dicky Longstocking
AG
Ouch
Picard
AG
I traded my last car in at Texas Direct Auto. Here's a video of me on my way there:

dlp3719
AG
Texas Auto Direct is laughed at here as being the shadiest dealer around. They have no problem dealing in wrecked/repaired cars, hail damage, flood, former rental cars. They seem willing to put anything on their lot.

I guess somebody has to do it. They just tend to lie about it. Just go in eyes wide open. Their prices look really good though when shopping online.
CoreAg86
AG
Two years ago I had a 2008 Cadillac CTS that had every website showing retail trade in of $9,000.00. This outfit gave me an estimate of $5,000 and I laughed all the way into the parking lot and it continued as I drove off. I ended up trading it in to a dealership for $8,000 and they had it on their website the next day for $11,999. Texas Direct Auto will never get a second glance from me ever again. Sorry, not interested in donating any of my future cars to these lowballers ever again!
txyaloo
AG
I have to chuckle when sellers and buyers complain about low ballers. That's just part of the car sales game. The dealer wants to pay you the least amount they can for the trade, and the buyer wants to pay the least amount possible for the new vehicle.

I absolutely "low ball" sellers. It just the start of negotiations.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.