FS: 2005 Jeep LJ in Houston (4.0L, 6spd, 69.5k)

8,849 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by K Bo
K Bo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am happy in provide more pictures/info if necessary.

link to Houston CL ad

Previous TA threads chronicling my history of the Jeep:
https://texags.com/forums/46/topics/2847982/replies/48850513
https://texags.com/forums/46/topics/2881430/replies/49780881
https://texags.com/forums/46/topics/2928531/replies/51083088

2005 Jeep Unlimited (LJ)
69,348 miles, as of today - will slowly increase as I occasionally drive it
4.0L straight 6
6spd manual transmission

I bought this Jeep from a California seller in April of 2017, at that time the Jeep had approximately 67,500 miles. The Jeep was purchased new in California and driven daily until 2015 then was sold to a family friend as a second vehicle. The Jeep ended up sitting in his garage the majority of the time and in 2017 the second owner decided to sell the Jeep. Upon purchasing I had the Jeep shipped to Houston and it's been garaged since.

The carfax reports "structural damage" in 2010. The origin owner was rear-ended and only the rear bumper had to be replaced. No repainting or anything beyond a bumper replacement. The previous owner worked at a Jeep dealership and verified that there was, in fact, no structural damage. I also had my local Jeep mechanic look it over and verify the same.

Suspension (lift installed at 65,000 miles)
Rubicon Express 4.5" "Super Flex" short arm lift kit (RE7000)
Bilstein 24-188180 front shocks
Bilstein 33-185514 rear shocks
Slip Yoke Eliminator kit
Tom Wood's drive shaft
TeraFlex steering stabilizer
Currie AntiRock (installed at 68,000 miles - stock w/ RE QD end links included)
Currie CurrectLync HD steering system (installed Feb 2018)

Wheels/Tires
5 - 15" x 8" Pro Comp wheels (w/ two sets of center caps, chrome and flat black)
5 - 35"x12.5" Good Wrangler MT/R w/ Kevlar sidewalls (approx 2300mi on tires)

Tops:
BestTop 54721-35 SuperTop NX w/ sunrider (purchased new Sep 2017)
SpiderwebShade
can include Harken Hoister for hardtop (I intended on buying a hardtop)

Doors:
Original white full doors with like new panels
Half doors, white with black panels (doors were originally black and then painted white)

Other:
Axles/gears are stock 3.73 D30/D44
Stock OPDA replaced with a new Crown unit at approximately 67,500mi
Trucklite LED headlights
Rugged Ridge Black headlight bezels
Factory fender flares painted matte black
GR8TOPS EXOGATE heavy duty rear door hinge to support larger spare (installed December 2017)
Duralast Platinum 34-AGM battery (installed July 2017)
MasterCraft grab handles
IGGEE black vinyl Seat Covers (black factory cloth interior in still in great shape)
Sony aftermarket head unit
Aftermarket alarm that I neither use, nor have uninstalled
BedRug full carpet kit (seat covers and carpet installed July 2017)
The previous owner replaced steering wheel, door panels, and shift knob
Clean blue Texas title in hand

Centerpole90
AG
Delete thread. Ban user. Boo this man. and all those other memes to disapprove of you selling this jeep.

You know tarponfly is selling a skiff on the OB that would go perfectly with this.
K Bo
classicdoug
AG
Very nice. Value on these things is amazing.
AgEng06
AG
classicdoug said:

Very nice. Value on these things is amazing.

No kidding. Resale on a 10+ yr old jeep rivals a diesel truck.
Flaith
AG
Wow. That LJ is built exactly how I would do it.

I want my friends to buy this.
aTm2004
AG
$2100, final offer.
Corps_Ag12
AG
How does that lift ride? I am between that one and a Currie on my LJ. Glad to see you can easily run 35's with it.
K Bo
AG
Comparatively speaking, I think it rides fine. It rides much better than my friend's Jeep with a 3.5" RC lift and 1" BL but not as smooth as RickSawyer's TJ on the RE long-arm kit.

I bought the Jeep with the RE kit already installed. If I were starting a build from scratch and buying a full kit I would probably go with Currie.
Aggietaco
AG
Great looking jeep. I've been looking for a stock white rubicon LJ 6spd for a while now and white LJ's seem fairly rare. Good luck with the sale.
K Bo
AG
Thanks. I really wanted a Rubicon, as well, but figured I'd be upgrading both F&R axles at some point so decided the white sport was all I needed.
BrazosDog02
AG
Do these really sell for this much?

I was considering buying a jeep, but I can't help laughing out loud when I see high mileage vehicles with standard transmissions passing on costs of upgrades to the end users and then telling me with a straight face that its a good deal. That's like 7.3 Diesel level LOLZ.

Not a slam against OP so much as a realization that I may not be 'Jeep' material.
O'Doyle Rules
AG
Jeeps are fun until you enter the ramp for the highway.
Goose
AG
O'Doyle Rules said:

Yeah they're definitely not built for drag racing. I find myself plodding along in the right lane like a little old lady headed to church more often than not.
K Bo
AG
Centerpole90
AG
CatAg found the cure for that. You just have to get over the whining sound.
K Bo
AG
if you have the top off/down you don't have to worry about that.
Aggietaco
AG
K Bo said:

Thanks. I really wanted a Rubicon, as well, but figured I'd be upgrading both F&R axles at some point so decided the white sport was all I needed.
Agree with your decision if you're going down that road. My hope is to never have to touch the axles or t-case and plan on the rubi equipment being enough.
K Bo
AG
To be honest, the D30/D44 are enough for what I REALLY do but not enough for what I fantasize about doing.
Street Fighter
AG
Goose said:

O'Doyle Rules said:

Yeah they're definitely not built for drag racing. I find myself plodding along in the right lane like a little old lady headed to church more often than not.
Not a problem at all.

Presley OBannons Sword
BrazosDog02 said:

Do these really sell for this much?

I was considering buying a jeep, but I can't help laughing out loud when I see high mileage vehicles with standard transmissions passing on costs of upgrades to the end users and then telling me with a straight face that its a good deal. That's like 7.3 Diesel level LOLZ.

Not a slam against OP so much as a realization that I may not be 'Jeep' material.

Sort of a different situation with LJs.
RickSawyer
AG
Don't do it man. You' Just regret it and end up spending more money buying another one down the line.
Corps_Ag12
AG
RickSawyer said:

Don't do it man. You' Just regret it and end up spending more money buying another one down the line.

Agreed.

I'm on my third Jeep so far in 5 years. Bought a nice one, sold it and bought a beater that was a POS, sold that one and got a high mileage LJ (6 cyl, 6 spd) that I love so far.
Aggietaco
AG
Noticed your posting was removed from CL. Have any luck selling or did you decide to keep it?
K Bo
AG
I wasn't getting much real interest from CL. A few people would ask questions then go radio silent and more people would bid me a ridiculous number. I've still got it posted a few other places but I am not under any pressure to sell it.
Aggietaco
AG
CL can be fickle depending on the time of year.

I've still been day dreaming about an LJ and check CL every couple of weeks to see what's out there, but then there are days I need to pick up a few sheets of 4x8 plywood or some steel and I'm thankful to still have my truck. If you ever decide you need an 07 Tundra with less miles than your Jeep, let me know.
K Bo
AG
will do!
Corps_Ag12
AG
Aggietaco
AG
Company car makes the driveway tight.
AgTech88
AG
Question. Notice you are running 35" Tires - does it have stock axles/gear ratio? If so any issues? I have heard that if when you get to 35" tires you really need to re-gear.

Also since CL ad is down, what price are you asking? I just picked up an automatic LJ for my trail rig - had to look for months to find what I wanted and the value for decent LJ's are high and not coming down......
K Bo
AG
I responded to your PM regarding the 35"s. I had the LJ offered at $21k.
K Bo
AG
Back for sale, under a little more pressure to sell now:

https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/6742006563.html
reddog90
AG
You have an awesome Jeep. GLWS
AgTech88
AG
K Bo said:

Back for sale, under a little more pressure to sell now:

https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/6742006563.html
I wish it was an Auto, might have to pull the trigger. BTW I managed to lose your PM response to my question on re-gear for the 35's. Do you mind resending it please?
K Bo
AG
Thank you!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.