Aggie MHA said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

TDA buys stuff from auction and sells it to the new owner under their name, TDA or Left Gate.

So when a consumer buy it , it's not being sold from EAN or The previous owners name.

EAN = Enterprise Alamo National

If you post your VIN, we can run a Carfax on it for you and make sure TDA didn't lie to you.

Why would they do it for some but not others? I saw some listed as EAN. Seems odd to go through the trouble for some but ignore on others.

Don't really want to post my VIN online. It was on the paper plate I edited out.

I'm not overly concerned with it but appreciate the interest in helping out a fellow Ag. Correct, verbal but nothing in writing. Risks come with any used car. It's in great shape & was an awesome price with warranty. Unfortunately some rentals (vs 1st party) are taken better care of regarding routine maintenance. I'm also more careful about parking further out with rentals to avoid hassles upon return. Pick your poison there. I'd never seek out a lease or rental. That burnout video had me cracking me though.

Regarding the warranty, it was fairly cheap. I don't have AAA and it came with road side assistance. That alone is nice for the family. I also know 2 people first hand who have used it for repairs that cost over what I paid. My local GM dealer accepts it.
They don't. Running the VIN on the Tahoe listed above I posted shows the original owner was Enterprise Alamo National Holdings LLC. Its not trouble to go through. Its the law. Selling a vehicle thats not in your name is illegal and called "curbstoning". A dealer that gets a car from an auction, regardless, must reassign the title to themselves before they can re-sell the vehicle to someone else.

Regardless, I'm sure it'll serve you well. FWIW, I have friends that still work at Enterprise if you want me to try to get the maintenance history on it, but since you have extended warranty, you'll probably be fine. I used to not buy extended warranties, but I did with my LS460L and I'm glad I did. 7 grand in repairs in 9 mos.