Traxxas RC Car

6,541 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by n_touch
n_touch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The VXL is brushless. The other two are just the regular brushed motor.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Is there a big difference?
n_touch
Haven't tried the regular ones yet to see the diff and won't until Monday. I will say that I know I have not gotten the VXL up to its full speed yet and it will scoot. I did both Race and Training mode and I did not see a difference so I know its got more speed than I am using. I went with it knowing that if I wanted the speed later it would be there and I would not have to upgrade. I second guessed it after buying it on if I would need the speed, but after seeing the price I got I was sold. I paid $259 for the VXL with on board audio and TSM. I have not seen it for less than $389 any where else.
easttexasaggie04
AG
What is on board audio and TSM? (Sorry, I'm a noob)
Thriller
AG
TSM is a stability manager system. The audio is a speaker system that makes it sound like a real truck.
n_touch
Thriller said:

TSM is a stability manager system. The audio is a speaker system that makes it sound like a real truck.
Haven't used the speakers much. They are either really loud, or really quiet and I would rather save the battery for driving. I was shocked they are as loud as they are for such small little speakers.
BosAG06
AG
n_touch said:

Haven't tried the regular ones yet to see the diff and won't until Monday. I will say that I know I have not gotten the VXL up to its full speed yet and it will scoot. I did both Race and Training mode and I did not see a difference so I know its got more speed than I am using. I went with it knowing that if I wanted the speed later it would be there and I would not have to upgrade. I second guessed it after buying it on if I would need the speed, but after seeing the price I got I was sold. I paid $259 for the VXL with on board audio and TSM. I have not seen it for less than $389 any where else.

Where did you get that deal? That's a great price. I just paid $229 for a 2wd RTR setup and then paid another $100 for a traxxas AC charging system with a Lipo battery. The DC charger sucks that comes with the RTR package. Quick question, are your tires in balance? Mine are all wobbly as can be out of the box. Not sure if that's normal or not. My alignment is also a little screwey. It's fun as hell to play with through!
n_touch
Hobbytown, on sale. No problems with the tires. Be careful with the Lipo battery in the brushed system. They said to not use them since it is harder on the motor and will wear through it faster. Not sure if it is true or not, but I have to go with their opinion for now.
n_touch
Going into a new hobby is fun and finding what works for everyone is the hardest part. We ended up with the 1 Slash VXL, 1 Slash and 1 Teton.

Couple things I have learned so far. The Teton for its size is pretty fun. It is 4wd and has a good amount of speed. Also easier to take to and from places.

After using both the Slash and VXL, brushless is the way to go. It has a lot more speed and already comes with the low center of gravity chasis. The regular slash is fun as well, just harder to use at higher speed since it sits higher. That will be changing within the next week or so since we have rolled it a couple of times from high speed turns.

Shopping today for all the accessories, and looking forward to the mods that can be done to both.
03_Aggie
Get you a LiPo battery and brushless motor for the Teton.

Just upgrading from the NiMH stock battery to a LiPo battery will get you a little more out of them. Just have to make sure you switch the receiver to where the light is green instead of red. It supposedly is thenmode for LiPo to keep from draining the battery too much.
mm98
AG
Do you have to gear down on the pinion for the lipos?
n_touch
mm98 said:

Do you have to gear down on the pinion for the lipos?
Not sure on the Slash, but the VXL came equipped to take the Lipo
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.