New paint, same color or Dip/Wrap?

1,089 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by videoag98
videoag98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2002 Silverado w/130K miles. I want to drive it another 100K but want it to look a little nicer. Doesn't need to be show truck looking. Its a daily commuter and occasional truck to take to fishing lease.
Don't want to spend 3K on a new paint job. What are my options. DipIt brah? Wrap it.
Maaco? It has a few door dings and scratches and one small dent in the back. But the clear coat is total crap on the hood and roof. What kind of prep work would be needed assuming a new paint job. (same color)? Do I need to sand the whole truck down?

Mookie
AG
Dip it, no question
Beckdiesel03
AG
I'm having a similar problem with my paint but the top of the car is starting to rust. I read that you can't dip it if it's rusting-is that correct?
mAgnoliAg
AG
I had the exact same problem on my 02 Silverado and I had it repainted I think for 1000-1500 or so a couple years ago.
Centerpole90
AG
This is relavent to my interests.

Can you get dip that color? My tailgate bus is exactly the same color and after removing some decals I have spots in exactly the same condition.
videoag98
AG
Was that a Maaco job or a local shop?!
mAgnoliAg
AG
videoag98 said:

Was that a Maaco job or a local shop?!

Local shop 249 in Houston
videoag98
AG
Did you do any prep work or remove any trim or just take it to them and have them do it all. That's a good price. We're you satisfied with the results?
johnrth
Centerpole90 said:

This is relavent to my interests.

Can you get dip that color? My tailgate bus is exactly the same color and after removing some decals I have spots in exactly the same condition.

https://www.dipyourcar.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIp-3G0Y_x1gIVVFmGCh28_gpyEAAYASAAEgI5KfD_BwE

You can get a plethra of colors here. Even pearl coats.
mAgnoliAg
AG
videoag98 said:

Did you do any prep work or remove any trim or just take it to them and have them do it all. That's a good price. We're you satisfied with the results?

no I didn't do any prep work. Yes I was satisfied, but I don't 100% remember the final price tag.
Silvy
AG
Sand it smooth then dip brah.

Nebula red pearl would be fairly close to color
AustinCountyAg
WTF is a fishing lease?
videoag98
AG
It's more of a Fishing Club. My dad and I have shares in
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.