'18 F150 Leveling Kit Recs Houston

5,963 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jna97
jna97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
looking for a 2.25-2.5" leveling kit in Houston for a '18 f150 4wd. anyone have any recs? looking for a shop that does the install and alignment. I have experience with the readylift brand with no blocks in the back and would like something similar. talked to 4wheelparts and they have a fabtech that is only 1.5' in the front and a procomp that uses rear blocks. on the northside....any thoughts welcome.
Chi374
AG
Check out Woodlands Performance and Suspension.

I used them and was pretty happy.
Strongwind86
AG
I installed the Bilstein 5100's on my 2016 F150 Lariat FX4 to level the front. Had the shop set the "clips" to get me close to 1-3/4" lift in the front - nothing in the rear. The top setting should get you 2.1" lift. Still have a slight rake on my truck. The ride with the Bilstein 5100's is MUCH improved over the stock shocks.

Purchased them from Stage 3 Motorsports for $369 delivered to Houston.

Stage 3 Bilstein for $369

Had my local shop install the struts and align it for around $200. (Cypress area) Wouldn't be too difficult to throw some blocks on the rear springs to get some more lift on the rear.
JSKolache
AG
Recommendation: leave it alone
TSUAggie
beefiedoubleoh said:

What he said
TxLawDawg
AG
We can help you at Truckfitters. We can do a 2" ReadyLift leveling kit, installed and out the door for $429. That's just an example - we can do any brand of leveling kit or lift kit.

However, one thing you should be aware of going in is that the new F150's can't be aligned after you install the leveling or lift kit. Ford designed the new F150s with integrated camber and caster sets. If it need aligned (which it likely will), you'll have to go back to the Ford dealer for a new set, to the tune of $350 - $400.

Our Houston store is off 1960 between 290 & 249. Let me know if we can help.
TXAG 05
AG
What about for an '08 F-150?
TxLawDawg
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

I assume this was for me. Where are you located? Also in Houston? Assuming so, we can do the same price listed above. We can do a 2" Ready Lift leveling kit for $429 out the door, which includes alignment.
chimpanzee
You can remove the rear spring perch block for free!
TXAG 05
AG
TxLawDawg said:

Cstrickland05 said:

I assume this was for me. Where are you located? Also in Houston? Assuming so, we can do the same price listed above. We can do a 2" Ready Lift leveling kit for $429 out the door, which includes alignment.

Yes, in Houston. Just something I've been wanting to get done for a while. Didn't know if that factory realignment applied to me or not.
GarlandAg2012
AG
What year did the realignment thing start?
TxLawDawg
AG
It's just the 2018 F150's.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Thanks! Do y'all have a D/FW area shop? How much would Bilstein 5100s run installed on a 2015?
TxLawDawg
AG
Yes, we have a store in Irving. I'll have to check tomorrow and get back to you. PM me with your email address might be easiest.
Duncan Idaho
beefiedoubleoh said:

What is the point of leveling? I always found the rake of an unloaded truck to a key part of it looking like a truck.
chimpanzee
Duncan Idaho said:

beefiedoubleoh said:

What is the point of leveling? I always found the rake of an unloaded truck to a key part of it looking like a truck.

Unloaded F150's on stock tires look like they have too much space in the rear wheel wells to my eye, but it's an aesthetic preference either way. It's not without function when loaded or towing though.
jna97
AG
FWIW......ended up going with a 2.25" readylift installed at masterhitch in houston. There were no alignment issues.
DouglasPearce
jna,
Do you have any pics of the finished product?
jna97
AG
DouglasPearce said:

jna,
Do you have any pics of the finished product?
I do, PM me your email address
Boats and Hose
AG
If I'm wanting to level my '14 F150 2WD, what are my options? Doesn't look like Bilstein came out with 5100s for my truck. I had heard to avoid Rough Country. Any other recommendations?
mustang6tee8
AG
Boats and Hose said:

If I'm wanting to level my '14 F150 2WD, what are my options? Doesn't look like Bilstein came out with 5100s for my truck. I had heard to avoid Rough Country. Any other recommendations?
I have a '14 2WD as well and I decided to go with the 5100's made for the 4WD. Have not ordered them yet, but can let you know how it turns out.
Boats and Hose
AG
I'd appreciate it.
water turkey
Does a level kit only lift the front end?

Where a lift raises both front and back?
jna97
AG
Lifts the front only 2.25".
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.