Attn: 1Ags... 6.7 Diesel Help, Dealership Has Given Up!

13,441 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by idAg09
WestTxWood88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
An excellent point, thank you & I will press the issue
Ciboag96
JB said:

I think I'd want the warranty extended on my transmission that just got thrown into reverse at highway speed.

And the rear differential

Did they explain the "no code thrown" bull%#%%?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
JB said:

I think I'd want the warranty extended on my transmission that just got thrown into reverse at highway speed.

I'm assuming with 60K, the trucks out of basic 3/36 and powertrain warranty.....
The Wonderer
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

How do you engineer and build something and then not understand how it works, and how it may not work properly given a specific set of results? Are these things that overly-engineered and unnecessarily complex?
Because the people at the shop are not engineers.
The Wonderer
AG
ag09 said:

fyi, the torque app for android will permanently erase all codes, even historical ones, indicating no faults.

it also shows those if they haven't been permanently cleared.

if i were you, i'd get torque if you have android and a cheap bluetooth obd adapter to check the historicals.
Finally bought this for my truck and Suburban. Love it.
MouthBQ98
AG
Engineers write the service manual including all of the steps for systematically diagnosing all of these problems.

I guess they're adding a write up for this one in the next addendum.
dubi
AG
WestTxWood88 said:

Update: Ford House called last night and left a message. Their engineer says the problem is this: There is an intermittent short in the bulkhead connector wiring harness going to the the transmission control module, on the third leg. Meaning when they wiggled the harness on the shop floor, solenoid one and two were powered, and power was removed from solenoid three. Apparently this combination causes the reverse clutch to be engaged. Which creates the symptoms my truck had.

HOLY MOLY BATMAN!

Definitely an unlimited mile lifetime warranty on the transmission!
The Wonderer
AG
JB said:

New trans and rear end.
CDUB98
AG
WestTxWood88 said:

Update: Ford House called last night and left a message. Their engineer says the problem is this: There is an intermittent short in the bulkhead connector wiring harness going to the the transmission control module, on the third leg. Meaning when they wiggled the harness on the shop floor, solenoid one and two were powered, and power was removed from solenoid three. Apparently this combination causes the reverse clutch to be engaged. Which creates the symptoms my truck had.

Holee sheyot!!

That kind of crap could have killed you. They had better repair that right.
TSJ
AG
Sounds like a class action waiting to happen. At least it is no longer a mystery to you. Hopefully they have a solution.
The Wonderer
AG
TSJ said:

Sounds like a class action waiting to happen.
CanyonAg77
AG
TSJ said:

Sounds like a class action waiting to happen. At least it is no longer a mystery to you. Hopefully they have a solution.
Only if it happened to thousands.
The Wonderer
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

TSJ said:

Only if it happened to thousands.
It doesn't have to happen to thousands, but it needs more than one instance.
WestTxWood88
AG
Update: Ford House called to say the wiring harness was not covered by warranty because it "was packed in mud". Mind you this is an F250, 4WD with off road package that has never been off the asphalt - in Amarillo! The only mud it picks up is when it rains. Anyway, They wanted $1,500 for repairs. I pushed back and they agreed to repair for $100. Not too bad, but they didn't want to talk about extending warranty on trans or rear End - said they performed an "inspection" and deemed it good to go - need some advice on elevating this through customer service or Ford corporate.
The Wonderer
AG
WestTxWood88 said:

Update: Ford House called to say the wiring harness was not covered by warranty because it "was packed in mud". Mind you this is an F250, 4WD with off road package that has never been off the asphalt - in Amarillo! The only mud it picks up is when it rains. Anyway, They wanted $1,500 for repairs. I pushed back and they agreed to repair for $100. Not too bad, but they didn't want to talk about extending warranty on trans or rear End - said they performed an "inspection" and deemed it good to go - need some advice on elevating this through customer service or Ford corporate.
Get this is writing and never lose it.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
WestTxWood88 said:

This sounds like a copay under a goodwill repair.

What does your paperwork say?

Personally, I dont think you're going to get any answers from customer service/Ford Corporate.
I know you're mad/upset about the situation, but if the dealer is not lying about the connector being packed with mud, then this isnt Ford's issue at all.

You truck is out out of the 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty. The 5/60K powertrain warranty doesn't show to cover wiring or wiring harnesses. I don't think its reasonable to ask them to warranty something that's out of warranty to begin with. If the wiring harness was indeed damaged due to being 'packed in mud', I'd have asked to see it and then let the insurance company pay for the repair.

Maybe you can get a trans fluid change out of them. NOT A FLUSH.
BrazosDog02
AG
Oh man....I see negotiating leverage all over this. Get everything in writing. Dealers will negotiate their ass off in service, for this, it's even easier. I don't leave that shop without full coverage from ford on that transmission or a signoff from the dealer so that I can get my free transmission in 50,000 miles.

Dealers are all about "its good to go" until they are accountable in writing.
idAg09
BrazosDog02 said:

Oh man....I see negotiating leverage all over this. Get everything in writing. Dealers will negotiate their ass off in service, for this, it's even easier. I don't leave that shop without full coverage from ford on that transmission or a signoff from the dealer so that I can get my free transmission in 50,000 miles.

Dealers are all about "its good to go" until they are accountable in writing.

No way anyone would do this for an out of warranty truck. Unless they are lying, they've determined the problem to be caused by others..
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.