Jihadi beans on carpet

2,879 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by big ben
UnderoosAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Took a big ol' pot of Uncle Undetoos' boracho beans to a Mom's day BBQ yesterday. They were in a leak resistant crock pot sitting on the floor board. Emphasis on resistant, not proof. Lid has a gasket and snaps shut but apparently the little ****ers went chemical attack and squirted bean juice all over the floor thru a vent hole. Ride home last night only smelled like leftover BBQ. Ride to work this morning only smelled like late for work. All day sunlight activated the juice and the stink monsters hatched. I'm fighting an army of unexploded ordinance fart bomb funk that got the signal, and unleashed hell.

It smells. Bad.

Stopped at car wash on way home just now and paid two months salary in South African krugerrand tokens for 15 minutes of carpet champooer and (not my) vacuum. I think I only pissed them off.

I've got Tuff Stuff at home, and I'm gonna empty whatever is left of a can of Ozium. Outside of an LS swap, any other ideas?
Whitetail
AG
aggiepaintrain
AG
scrub tank, new carpet, new pad
UnderoosAg
AG
Don't know where the Tuff Stuff went. It's too late and I'm too tired to fool with it. Hell, I'll Uber to work if I have to.

Deployed the Ozium and trucks in the garage with windows down and doors open. If I start getting calls from the neighbors, I'll make somebody a great deal on a '12 Sierra. I'll even throw in a Crock-Pot.
3rd Platoon
AG
You're screwed, just like Seinfeld and his smelly car.
Hobbes01
AG
My wife once brought what she thought was an unopened half gallon container of milk to work in the back seat of our Accord. Turned out it had been opened that morning but very little used. It was sitting at an incline until it tipped over while driving and leaked a fairly good quantity on the seat and floor board carpet. She immediately took it to a car wash and tried to vacuum out as much as she could, but a decent amount had been absorbed in the foam cushion.

What ended up working was removing the rear seat from the vehicle, and mixing up a very heavy mixture of hot water and baking soda. I poured the mixture onto the seat slowly enough to allow it to be absorbed by the foam cushion. The water was simply a means of transporting the baking soda throughout the foam. I did this several times, twice per day, and just left the seat in the garage. A good amount of the baking soda ended up on top of the fabric, but that was easy to vacuum when dry. Sure enough, after enough treatments it did the trick.

Not sure how spoiled milk smells compared to your beans, but it was a serious level of foulness. Replacing the carpet and padding sounds like the best solution for you if the baking soda / water soaking doesn't work. Good luck, and I totally feel your pain.
UnderoosAg
AG
I put an over the hump Weathertech floor liner on the front floorboard a few months ago. I'm kicking myself for not getting one for the backseat, but at the time I thought, "hardly anything ever gets tossed in the backseat." FML. I'm gonna burn the rear floormat.

The Ozium, and maybe the shampooer, knocked it back a decent amount. You have to get your nose down close to the carpet to smell it, but it's still there - and that's after being in a relatively cool garage overnight. My fear is that it's the bacon grease from the beans that fixin' to get really ripe. My dad's got a pretty good carpet steamer/cleaner thing that I'm gonna try next, see if I can flood the carpet and pad and extract it. Or maybe Costco has a 50 pack of the little tree air fresheners.

Aero95
AG
I wonder if an enzymatic cleaner made for cat urine might help? Petco or similar sells them...just spray it on and let it soak.
Bighamp03
AG
Aero95 said:

I wonder if an enzymatic cleaner made for cat urine might help? Petco or similar sells them...just spray it on and let it soak.

Yep, Nature's Miracle. I've used it several times in my wife's car for spilled milk and food that turns rank. Just soak the sheet out of it several times and let it air out. Soak the carpet, then pull it back and soak the pad too.
Rexter
I used to have a Blazer. I took a few buddies fishin at Rollover one night. We stopped for a Texas stop sign and one of the guys in the back seat got a shake. He didn't finish it, and at some point it got kicked under the front passenger seat. It took about a week for it to ripen up and push the top off the cup. It was so rank I ended up having to change the carpet and pad.
UnderoosAg
AG
Bighamp03 said:

Aero95 said:

Yep, Nature's Miracle. I've used it several times in my wife's car for spilled milk and food that turns rank. Just soak the sheet out of it several times and let it air out. Soak the carpet, then pull it back and soak the pad too.

Nature's Miracle fixed it. The smell gets worse while they fight it out, and it took a couple of days to dry. Once it dried, the smell was gone.
big ben
AG
Bissell little green with natures miracle works good for stuff like this
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.