anyone shipped a vehicle from out of state?

5 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by aTm_bomb
230Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
anyone shipped a vehicle from out of state? any recommendations on a good shipping company that you used? looking for a company that someone has used before that has a good review. Thanks in advance.
CDUB98
AG
See if Wayne Carini's F40 Motorsports website has any listed. He's shipped multi-million dollar cars, so I'm guessing they are pretty good.

Sorry I don't have any better info. The only time I shipped, it was done through the dealer I purchased from.
Complete Idiot
I have used Uship.com, you post the vehicle and route. Lots of shipping networks on there where someone is bidding but it's a company that then goes and finds a driver, many have good reviews but I avoid those. I look for the companies that are clearly just an individual who is both company owner and driver and who I can correspond with directly - and has good reviews.

Depending on where it is coming from I might be able to suggest someone. Origin and destination states are..??
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
I used uship as well several times.

The shipper is hit or miss. Its usually a one man show who's been hired by a broker and the car will arrive dirty but typically not damaged.

YOu can spend some big bucks and get enclosed carriers etc.

I also know a guy that works most of the east coast and south to texas. Hes reasonable and reliable. Moved several cars for me before.
230Ag
AG
I'm looking to have something shipped from South Carolina to Houston. Thanks for the input guys. I'm debating on picking it up myself or having it shipped and I'm leaning towards just going out there to pick it up and fishing / fly-fishing my way back to Texas.
Rexter
I'll do a fly and drive for you.
Complete Idiot
230Ag said:

I'm looking to have something shipped from South Carolina to Houston. Thanks for the input guys. I'm debating on picking it up myself or having it shipped and I'm leaning towards just going out there to pick it up and fishing / fly-fishing my way back to Texas.
I picked a minivan up in NY and drove it back to Texas, I used Uship to act as a shipper and actually bid on, and won, a couple shipments. Between what I was paid for the shipments and using frequent flyer miles, the whole trip ended up being free - other than taking 2.5 days of my time.

I have no idea if Uship would allow anyone to register as a shipper and bid, it seems a bit crazy since I have no special insurance to protect what I was carrying.
aTm_bomb
AG
Between this and you're other thread, I'm curious to know what you are shipping
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.